any bikers/joggers chased by dogs?

Pete

Pat Tillman would rip the dogs head off.  How does a Tazer work?  Does it shoot out?  Whats its range?  The Tazer sounds interesting

119265[/snapback]

You don't want to get that close to the dog. Trust me. Leave tasers to professionals. Not to mention should you screw up and bump yourself with it while riding a bicycle. Welcome to a halo screwed into your skull.

You guys are way off. Bring a package of turkey breast or bologna with you. When he starts to chase start dropping the meat. You can make a friend that way.

You don't want to get that close to the dog.  Trust me.  Leave tasers to professionals.  Not to mention should you screw up and bump yourself with it while riding a bicycle.  Welcome to a halo screwed into your skull.

119268[/snapback]

:D:devil:

What's that glow around your head Darin?

:devil::devil:

Ya... Don't break a neck... a have memories of my dad in such a device after wrapping his Ford Maverick around one of the poplar trees on Broadway.

Yeah, that's how we keep animals from eating us out here in the woods...  :D

119286[/snapback]

Well in your case I would suggest a mac10.

Pat Tillman would rip the dogs head off.  How does a Tazer work?  Does it shoot out?  Whats its range?  The Tazer sounds interesting

119265[/snapback]

There are numerous kinds of tazers. Maybe an air horn might do it. Startling the dog will probably do it. Being mauled by a dog is not pretty. I've seen the results.

You don’t have to be a professional to protect yourself because some dog owner wont be a responsible pet owner. Talk to the police on what is legal also.

Find out exactly where the dog lives Pete. Then call animal control. They need to know the exact location of the animal, or else they won't do anything. And chances are if they ask the neighbor's they won't rat out on their friends animal. And make sure the police have it on record that you called. So IF you do get bit it will be on file.

I jog almost every day and have come about some vicious dogs. The thing that I have done in the past is act hostile and kick at then whiile screaming at the top of my lungs. i don't know if you could pull that off on a bike though.

Pete, it's simple...

Hey BF, what do the girls in your area do to stop you from stal...errrr, following them?

Pete...do what they do.

119537[/snapback]

Ive seen BF's picture- he does not need mace or tazers. All I need is to have a 250# fat ass on the back of my bike-no thanks I will take my chances

This reminds me of an incident when I was back in Texas. A dog on my weekly route loved chasing me on my bike. Never vicious, just loved chasing me (I think). I got real tired of this after awhile. So one day as it was chasing me, I keep edging closer and closer to the edge of the road. I did this becasue I knew that one of the neighbors house had a chain link fence. Just as I got close enough to that fence I swerved hard to the right towards the dog. It moved just enough to the right so that it head head first into that fence. It popped up, shooked its head, and looked at me as I was riding away laughing so hard I durn near wet myself. Dog never bothered me again.

many moons ago when I was riding my bike through neighborhoods pitching newspapers on the front porches, I frequently encountered this... back then there was no such thing as leash law... Dogs regularly chased cars and bikes. I found a place I could order cans of "Dog gone".... that's what they called it. It was dog mace. I squirted that a few times when the dogs came out to gave chase.... i never had to mace the same dog twice after that. So, do a web search to see if they still have it or damn... just use peeper spray... it's legal.