Great Gaffes in Bills History

Ye Ole' got to thinkin about a time when he made a tremendous gaffe in Pop Warner. Twas back in the day when Ye Ole' was simply known as Lil' Cotton... I was goin deep on the 9 route (that's a GO route for those not privvy to the position) and the QB hit Lil' Cotton in stride. Sure enough, I was going to have the game winning TD as I galloped to the endzone. I was in the clear... nothing but paydirt ahead. But alas, overcome with a sense of gamesmanship Lil' Cotton spiked the ball, started doing the funky chicken dance, giving the number one sign with both index fingers high above my head. One problem... I had spiked the ball at the 2 yd. line... and the defense recovered. Everyone was yelling "NO COTTON! NOOOO!!!" With only a few seconds left on the clock, the opposition took a knee and the game ended.

With that in mind, what are some similar gaffes we have seen over the years on our beloved Bills? Lets discuss... for posterity sake of course!

Ye Ole' got to thinkin about a time when he made a tremendous gaffe in Pop Warner. Twas back in the day when Ye Ole' was simply known as Lil' Cotton... I was goin deep on the 9 route (that's a GO route for those not privvy to the position) and the QB hit Lil' Cotton in stride. Sure enough, I was going to have the game winning TD as I galloped to the endzone. I was in the clear... nothing but paydirt ahead. But alas, overcome with a sense of gamesmanship Lil' Cotton spiked the ball, started doing the funky chicken dance, giving the number one sign with both index fingers high above my head. One problem... I had spiked the ball at the 2 yd. line... and the defense recovered. Everyone was yelling "NO COTTON! NOOOO!!!" With only a few seconds left on the clock, the opposition took a knee and the game ended.

With that in mind, what are some similar gaffes we have seen over the years on our beloved Bills? Lets discuss... for posterity sake of course!

Lil' Cotton sounds like he was emulated by Lil'Sean Jackson.

How goes it this year my friend ?

sup Ye?

There was the time can't remember exactly when that our punt returner tried to field a bouncing kick at his own 10 yard line (this was after he watched 3 roll dead inside the 5 in that very same game). He failed, cost us the game. He did field a punt later in the game and promptly gave good field position to the opposition by running 15 yards in the wrong direction. People here wonder when the Bills are going to properly utilize his talents.

Ye are you old enough to remember the 70's? There's a show on TV about it so you can get a flavor for how things were back in the day.

Anyway, I digress, sorry about that. Well Ye...we played the Dolphins twice a year back in those days and you know what? Lost every stinckin game in the decade of the 70's. Their HC is now runs a bunch of steak houses...won't set foot inside 'em Ye. Can't do it.

We lost 20 games.

I remember this one time we were getting ready kick a field goal to deliver us our first ever super bowl victory. The up to that point greatest FG kicker in Bills history was lineing up. The FG was long but makeable,good snap,good hold,Wide Right :thumbsup:

On a personal note, in one game during my youth we were slaughtering some team 30-0 or so... They managed to score a long touchdown, but were flagged for a penalty. We all jumped up and down at our good fortune and as the captain, I ran over to the ref signaling that I didn't want the touchdown to be counted by using the arm gesture for declining a penalty. <_<

Instead of confirming with a 10 year old kid of his intention, he signals the penalty as being declined and the touchdown counted. :lol:

On a personal note, in one game during my youth we were slaughtering some team 30-0 or so... They managed to score a long touchdown, but were flagged for a penalty. We all jumped up and down at our good fortune and as the captain, I ran over to the ref signaling that I didn't want the touchdown to be counted by using the arm gesture for declining a penalty. <_<

Instead of confirming with a 10 year old kid of his intention, he signals the penalty as being declined and the touchdown counted. :lol:

Wow, you must have been popular after that. :D

Wow, you must have been popular after that. :lol:

No one cared. We were winning big. A teammate backed me up by saying he heard me say "no touchdown", but I just said "who cares? Their only points were the ones we literally gave them."