Edwards fans are sounding desperate for Fitzy to fail

I think all of JP's fans are Fitz fans. That is because we never bought into Edwards & have nothing invested in him. I also think MANY former fans of Trent are off his bandwagon & are now also Fitz fans. I don't think anyone thinks Fitz is the answer, he just gives the Bills a better chance to win at this point. Fitz will face a VERY good defense this week in the Texans, so I would not be surprised if the Bills lose. That said I don't think Trent could do any better.

JP fans never bought into Trent because the were too busy sulking about how JP was treated. A bunch of folks on this site are Fitz fans, not because he is any good, but because he is not Trent Edwards.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CORRECTION

Fitz fans are sounding desperate for Edwards to fail.

Who else thinks that the Fitz fans are former JP fans??

I will gladly admit that I was a JP fan when he was here and I still believe he is a better QB than anyone currently on this team. I truly believe he would be a solid QB in this league if he had been allowed to continue playing in 2007 and beyond. Starting Trent has set this team back another decade. That opinion won't change until one of these guys matches what JP did in 2006. But that debate has been rehashed numerous times here. The things I liked most about JP were his passion for the game and his fire. He wanted to win and it showed, He made a lot of mistakes but he was a leader and the players respected him. What I dislike most about Trent is that he has none of that. He is Dick Jauron. He's bland, boring and soft. He plays the game but has no fire or passion. He is not a leader. He is simply trying to get through the game without making a mistake. He is not a playmaker and is not a winner. I suported Trent as the starter this year and hoped that with experience, he would develop some confidence, leadership and playmaking ability. They even brought in T.O. for him to throw to. Sadly, he is no better this year than he was 2 years ago, Time to pull the plug on Trent and see what another QB can do. Sometimes even a lesser or equal QB will spark and offense. This jas been the case so far. What I've liked out of Fitz is that he seems to have some fire. He has made plays when the team needed and he has led the team to 2 consecutive road wins (something not done since 2004). Yes, we got lots of turnovers and the D played well. But that has happened before and we still lost. I personally like Fitz more than Trent and I believe Fitz gives us the best chance to win. I hope Trent never takes another snap for us, not because I am rooting for him to fail but because I don't think he is a good QB. If he does play, I will be at the home games screaming my head off in support of him and the team and booing the hell out of them when they deserve it.

GO BILLS.

I will gladly admit that I was a JP fan when he was here and I still believe he is a better QB than anyone currently on this team. I truly believe he would be a solid QB in this league if he had been allowed to continue playing in 2007 and beyond. Starting Trent has set this team back another decade. That opinion won't change until one of these guys matches what JP did in 2006. But that debate has been rehashed numerous times here. The things I liked most about JP were his passion for the game and his fire. He wanted to win and it showed, He made a lot of mistakes but he was a leader and the players respected him. What I dislike most about Trent is that he has none of that. He is Dick Jauron. He's bland, boring and soft. He plays the game but has no fire or passion. He is not a leader. He is simply trying to get through the game without making a mistake. He is not a playmaker and is not a winner. I suported Trent as the starter this year and hoped that with experience, he would develop some confidence, leadership and playmaking ability. They even brought in T.O. for him to throw to. Sadly, he is no better this year than he was 2 years ago, Time to pull the plug on Trent and see what another QB can do. Sometimes even a lesser or equal QB will spark and offense. This jas been the case so far. What I've liked out of Fitz is that he seems to have some fire. He has made plays when the team needed and he has led the team to 2 consecutive road wins (something not done since 2004). Yes, we got lots of turnovers and the D played well. But that has happened before and we still lost. I personally like Fitz more than Trent and I believe Fitz gives us the best chance to win. I hope Trent never takes another snap for us, not because I am rooting for him to fail but because I don't think he is a good QB. If he does play, I will be at the home games screaming my head off in support of him and the team and booing the hell out of them when they deserve it.

GO BILLS.

Classic, I rest my case. :lol:

JP fans never bought into Trent because the were too busy sulking about how JP was treated. A bunch of folks on this site are Fitz fans, not because he is any good, but because he is not Trent Edwards.

I think you have it backwards. I never "bought into" Trent because I think he sucks. He never showed me anything on the field. The other thing that really made me dislike Trent was how so many people fell in love with him and annointed him the next Joe Montana simply because he was not JP (or because they heard that Bill Walsh said something nice about him). If you seriously look back at Trent's play from day one, he has been Captain Checkdown. He takes the safe play every single time. He does not try to win, he simply tries not to give Jauron any reason to bench him. I admit I like Fitz because he is not Trent. Fitz isn't a namby pamby, glove-wearing California wuss. Fitz atleast tries to make plays and win some games. Fitz is not a good QB. He does not have a strong arm, his accuracy is questionable at best but he is still the best QB on the roster and by far the best leader we have at the position.

So, how about trying to intelligently make your case for why Trent is the better QB despite all empirical evidence to the contrary rather than simply insulting anyone who doesn't have a man crush on Trent like you do.

I was a Edwards fan going into the season. BUT his play this season has led me to believe that he just isn't the answer he can't complete passes in the 15-30 yard range (30 yards or more he throws 5-7 times a game and look at the Manning's or any other top QB they don't throw more than 30 yards 5-8 times a game its that 15-30 yard range that separates a great or good QB from a bad or average one).

I liked the fact that Edwards last season was accurate working down field a little more but this year with TO and Evans he just has shown that he doesn't have what it takes plus too the injuries are just too common.

I don't think Edwards is the answer and unless he goes out and lights it up the last 7-8 games of the season we need to draft a QB round 1 and figure out the rest later.

More than a few of Trents fans have said they don't want to see him treated the same way JP was.

Gee, you mean just like all the idiots who rooted all season for Edwards to fail? :lol:

Moron.

You got that right, what a huge Moron. You gotta like idiots who make posts just to try to stir up anger, even when they don't believe it themselves. The dumbass that started this posts should be banned.

New math:

2 and 0 > 1 and 4

Fitz is 2-0 (not really he didn't start against New York) not because it had anything to do with his play but because the terrible QBs they played against gave up 9 gift interceptions in just two games. If you get 9 ints in two games and don't win the games, nobody on the field deserves their paychecks. To give Fitz more than a sliver of credit for either of those wins is moronic and shows a real lack of football knowledge and bandwagon tendencies that would qualify one to be a Steelers or Cowboys fan.

I think you have it backwards. I never "bought into" Trent because I think he sucks. He never showed me anything on the field. The other thing that really made me dislike Trent was how so many people fell in love with him and annointed him the next Joe Montana simply because he was not JP (or because they heard that Bill Walsh said something nice about him). If you seriously look back at Trent's play from day one, he has been Captain Checkdown. He takes the safe play every single time. He does not try to win, he simply tries not to give Jauron any reason to bench him. I admit I like Fitz because he is not Trent. Fitz isn't a namby pamby, glove-wearing California wuss. Fitz atleast tries to make plays and win some games. Fitz is not a good QB. He does not have a strong arm, his accuracy is questionable at best but he is still the best QB on the roster and by far the best leader we have at the position.

So, how about trying to intelligently make your case for why Trent is the better QB despite all empirical evidence to the contrary rather than simply insulting anyone who doesn't have a man crush on Trent like you do.

Sounds like someone is still a little sensitive about JP?

You are missing my point, I'm not saying Trent Edwards is a good QB. What I am saying is the people that are so high on Fitz, are so just because he is not Trent Edwards, not because he has done anything on the field and have somehow convinced themselves that he was lights-out and carried the team to 2 victories. These same people just happen to be JP fans.

So you disliked Trent because so many people liked him and annointed him the next Montana? I see, it sounds like you disliked him because you were clearly crushed about losing JP. (and still are).

I don't think there is any reason for me to make a case for Trent, his play speaks for itself, that is clear. If only the play of other QB's was as clear to others.

Fitz is 2-0 (not really he didn't start against New York) not because it had anything to do with his play but because the terrible QBs they played against gave up 9 gift interceptions in just two games. If you get 9 ints in two games and don't win the games, nobody on the field deserves their paychecks. To give Fitz more than a sliver of credit for either of those wins is moronic and shows a real lack of football knowledge and bandwagon tendencies that would qualify one to be a Steelers or Cowboys fan.

Was Fitz the one who completed the passes for TD's ? Yes.

He led the offense to those points needed to win. Trent would not have done that. You are just another Trent supporter who refuses to give any credit to anyone other than Trent. Face it, Trent sucks and would not have won either of these games. He has yet to beat a divison opponent (home or away). Fitz made the plays that needed to be made. Stop insulting others and watch the games objectively. Sounds to me like you are the one who has a lack of football knowledge.

I'm sorry, I thought it was Fitzpatrick throwing the TDs - you know the 37-yd strike to Evans against NY and the quick bullet to Lee against the Panthers. I also thought the score was 3-3 when Trentie got his skull scrambled, and that it was Fitzpatrick that came in and won the Jets game. Silly me. Who was wearing Fitz's jersey the last two games? :lol:

I will gladly admit that I was a JP fan when he was here and I still believe he is a better QB than anyone currently on this team. I truly believe he would be a solid QB in this league if he had been allowed to continue playing in 2007 and beyond.

There's a reason JP is in the UFL-HE EARNED IT!

You really need to get over the fact that JP is not qualified to play in the NFL in ANY capacity. At least the guys on the team are in the NFL & Fitzpatrick is a proven #2-a job JP couldn't get. You might just need a psychiatrist to get over your man-love for JP.

I'm sorry, I thought it was Fitzpatrick throwing the TDs - you know the 37-yd strike to Evans against NY and the quick bullet to Lee against the Panthers. I also thought the score was 3-3 when Trentie got his skull scrambled, and that it was Fitzpatrick that came in and won the Jets game. Silly me. Who was wearing Fitz's jersey the last two games? :lol:

Did he play D and special teams as well? I must have missed the 53 Fitzpatrick jerseys out there, my bad.

There's a reason JP is in the UFL-HE EARNED IT!

You really need to get over the fact that JP is not qualified to play in the NFL in ANY capacity. At least the guys on the team are in the NFL & Fitzpatrick is a proven #2-a job JP couldn't get. You might just need a psychiatrist to get over your man-love for JP.

Maybe you need to get over your hatred for JP. Whether JP sucks or not doesn't make Trent any better. I am over JP. I am over Trent. Both had their chance. Now I want to see what Fitz can do. So far he's 2-0. He is 5-0 in his last 5 games. Sounds pretty good to me. If he fails, I would not mind seeing if Hamdan can play. I don't really care who the QB is, I just want the Bills to win. I wish Trent was better and if he gets back in there, I hope he wins games. If he doesn't I want someone else to be given a shot.

I saw good qualities in JP. I liked his style. I haven't seen much from Trent and don't care for his style/personality. But if he could win, I would be behind him 100%.

I just don't get why the hard core Trent guys cannot give anyone else any credit.

Did he play D and special teams as well? I must have missed the 53 Fitzpatrick jerseys out there, my bad.

Are you really this stupid ?

You stated that Fitz should not even get a sliver of credit. I showed you that he made plays (many of which I believe Trent would not have even tried). I never said Fitz won the games single handedly but he contributed to the wins. The defense and ST has done the same thing in several of Trent's games and those ended in losses because the O did not make plays when they needed to. Trent is not a clutch QB. He does not throw the tough throws. Get over it.

edwards isn't that bad.

we need a decent running back. that is/has been the real problem for the last 10 years.

Edwards IS that bad.

Our RBs are not. Lynch and Freddie are both quality NFL backs.

Our problems on O are coaching, QB and OL in that order. RB is a relative strength