Edwards fans are sounding desperate for Fitzy to fail

Edwards Supporters have become exactly what they hated before, JP Losman Suporters

Same excuses/arguements, you could take the excuses by Edwards Supporters and replace it with JP and you will find those same things in posts from the last couple years. The o-line is bad, the coaches are bad and screwing him up, the play callings bad.......

So you're saying the 10 turnovers aren't a direct result of the defense being

inspired by the mere presence of Fitzy under center?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes perfect sense...what difference does it make if this team isn't going to the playoffs? I'd rather see them lose every game and completely rebuild then keep suffering though these horrid 7-9 seasons.

What losing every game gets you is a very high (read: expensive) draft pick, not necessarily a complete rebuilding. With this front office, do you expect that getting a high draft pick would result in significant improvement within the next year or two? Anyone on this board claiming to be a fan AND hoping they lose every game shows me what kind of fan they are.

As for Trent, I think the problems are related to combination of the concussion and bad OL play. Yes, he played well against a few teams last year - San Diego when they were not playing well, KC was bad all year, and Denver when they were in their losing streak. I honestly don't know what happened into this year, but a lot probably has to do with a bad/patchwork OL.

I am a Trent fan - I want to see him succeed and I also want to see the Bills win no matter who the QB is. But I have to agree that his regression this year is giving me doubts. Perhaps it's because of the coaches or his concussions, but it does not look promising for him in the NFL. Hopefully, we'll find out at the end of the year.

this is correct. also, look at the push those lines do (or don't) get in the run game. i think it's save to say that right now we have a weaker line than any of those teams.

for the record, i think trent is better than fitz in every way except that he has something making him horrible tennetive. after he recovers he should look to the pressue caused by fitz and start. i say this of course with the caveat that if fittz plays objectively well (like 250+yards, 60%+, 7+ per attempt, Tds and few INTs) then he stays. if trent comes back and is too trigger shy to score, well we still have fitz to jump in.

IMO that's how you handle a qb issue, apply pressure to play well, not to win some starters job (and thusly excusing bad play down the line, sort of what has happend wtih trent).

you must've missed my post right above yours...Buffalo has a better run game (statistically) than all but Green Bay.

We can dress it up all we like, but good QBs get it done even with lousy o-lines, and there's plenty of proof out there.

Guest dog14787
What losing every game gets you is a very high (read: expensive) draft pick, not necessarily a complete rebuilding. With this front office, do you expect that getting a high draft pick would result in significant improvement within the next year or two? Anyone on this board claiming to be a fan AND hoping they lose every game shows me what kind of fan they are.

As for Trent, I think the problems are related to combination of the concussion and bad OL play. Yes, he played well against a few teams last year - San Diego when they were not playing well, KC was bad all year, and Denver when they were in their losing streak. I honestly don't know what happened into this year, but a lot probably has to do with a bad/patchwork OL.

I am a Trent fan - I want to see him succeed and I also want to see the Bills win no matter who the QB is. But I have to agree that his regression this year is giving me doubts. Perhaps it's because of the coaches or his concussions, but it does not look promising for him in the NFL. Hopefully, we'll find out at the end of the year.

I feel much the same way.

Guest dog14787
Wait a minute. You looked at all of the stats, and then proceeded to tell me that they don't matter because Buffalo is currenlty starting a Green Bay castoff at RT, and then claim that MY logic is flawed?

You've got to be joking.

(At this point, it's worth noting that exactly 3 of the 16 sacks that Buffalo has given up came in the 2 games that the "Green Bay castoff" started. So, in other words, the team averages 2.6 sacks/game without him, and a mere 1.5 sacks/game with him...thus I do hereby call your argument-escaping backdoor myth debunked)

Aside from the fact that you still refuse to acknowledge the facts (i.e. the statistics), you couldn't possibly be more misguided by pointing me to the run blocking. Buffalo is 15th in the NFL in rushing offense at 111.9 yards/game (per NFL.com), Green Bay is 13th (118.0), San Diego is 31st (70.5), and Pittsburgh is 17th (106.9). So yes, the lines are pretty much equal (at worst), thanks for providing yet another barometer by which I can prove my point.

Next you went on to tell me that the QB situations are different because those two teams have "scrambling QBs". Umm, doesn't that kind of mean that it's on the QB to get away from the pressure? Doesn't that indicate that the o-lines are not responsible for those guys getting away from sacks? Furthermore, if that really is the case, then wouldn't you say that those guys are under significantly MORE pressure than Buffalo's QBs, seeing as how they've been sacked an almost equal number of times but manage to avoid so many sacks because they're great scramblers? What point exactly are you trying to argue? It sounds to me like you agree that it's QB play, and not OL play, that's the problem.

So, in essence, we have 3 teams (Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Green Bay) that have similar to worse pass blocking, similar to worse running games, and far superior QB play, but somehow that's not on the QB? I need that explained in a way that makes sense.

3 better QB's and 3 better coaching staffs

Guest dog14787
Finally someone understands the problem - that's exactly what he'd* do with Edwards, because Belicheat* knows the difference between a pro quarterback and a...

pro bowler

:thumbsup:

We are starting one of the Packers cast offs and the Bills by far have the worse O-line in the league.

Yep, it's official we got a real dummy here!

Ever think the QB is making the o-line look bad? Naw, you wouldn't and couldn't think like that could you?

They must not grow em to smart in westfield, huh!

I am not desperate for anyone to fail. If Fitz came into the game replacing Edwards and started the world on fire i wouldn't say a thing. The problem is that i havne't seen any improvement at the QB position since he came into the game.

Guest dog14787
Yep, it's official we got a real dummy here!

Ever think the QB is making the o-line look bad? Naw, you wouldn't and couldn't think like that could you?

They must not grow em to smart in westfield, huh!

Just lived there for a couple of years so I really couldn't tell you, born in good old Buffalo and proud of it.

The O-line play is key for a pocket QB and you have to remember , TE is still young and just because he's struggling we shouldn't abandon his development. We owe it to him, just like we owed it to JP, to allow them to fight through their problems.

We screwed Losman over, I would like to see TE for better or worse, get handled more properly then Losman was through his development.

We have a new O-line and a new OC.( no huddle didn't help) Is it all the problem, of course not and Trent Edwards I'm sure realizes as much, but lets give the kid a chance to rebound.

TE has done everything he can to help the situation and he's been very loyal to the team, the Buffalo Bills should return the favor and not keep grinding up players and spitting them out like they mean nothing.

Didn't Kerry Collins just have a game were he completed 2 passes and had a 4.5 QB rating and we are talking about a playoff caliber QB,QB's and offenses slump, especially going against some of the top ranked defenses in the league.

CORRECTION

Fitz fans are sounding desperate for Edwards to fail.

Who else thinks that the Fitz fans are former JP fans??

I think all of JP's fans are Fitz fans. That is because we never bought into Edwards & have nothing invested in him. I also think MANY former fans of Trent are off his bandwagon & are now also Fitz fans. I don't think anyone thinks Fitz is the answer, he just gives the Bills a better chance to win at this point. Fitz will face a VERY good defense this week in the Texans, so I would not be surprised if the Bills lose. That said I don't think Trent could do any better.

A team drafting high in the 1st round also drafts high in EVERY round after that. The Bills were one pick away from getting Patrick Willis a couple years ago. :lol:<_<