DeSean Jackson v. James Hardy

sharper802

Exactly, can't be compared. You just proved why they can't be compared, learn to read.

(and for the record, he literally dropped a TD his rookie year at the 1 yd line, so for all intensive purposes, he had 3 recieving)

Actually I think a better comparison would be "intensive purposes" VS. "intents and purposes". :thumbsup:

Jackson is awesome, Hardy? I guess we will see.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention Eddie Royal, taken by Denver a few picks after Hardy.

On the other hand, at least we didn't do what the Redskins did in that draft--take three BUST receivers in the second round (two of whom were quite popular around these parts before the draft). They are suffering the consequences now.

One of which caught a TD in the back of the Endzone last night.

Another great job by Modrak and company....

I am going to use this as a future search I told you so opportunity. By this time next year we will be supporting Hardy's bid for the Pro-Bowl. He will be, what we thought he was.

Way to early to tell anything yet

Hardy got hurt, i am sure at some point in his career jackson will too.

But i will say this, Jackson is benefitting from haveing Andy Reed calling plays.

If you watched last night both long runs were a way to utilize Jacksons speed. Have the right personel running the right plays.

The Bills have Lee Evans running crossing patterns and Owens running flies. Just the opposite to what the two do best.

Jackson is benefiting having a very good qb in McNabb, a very good OL, including Jason Peters, and he is playing on a team which has immensely more talent on both sides of the ball.

The Eagles have a more competent owner compared to the grumpy looney owner of the Bills, a better front office and scouting department and a better coaching staff led by Reid. It is safe to say that Jackson is better than Hardy and has advantages that Hardy will never have playing for this team. Oh I forgot to mention Hardy has the team oriented TO to mentor him. :thumbsup:

Those defending Hardy are kidding right? A little tongue in cheek?

Because Desean Jackson is a play maker. He makes things happen. Special teams too, he is so much better than Parrish. The kid just flat out makes plays. Of course, Dick would have benched him and ruined his career, but that is besides the point. Boy do I wish we had him!

It's a fair point. On the other hand, Hardy couldn't even crack the Bills' lineup and the other two have been putting up Pro Bowl numbers from Day One--and have been dynamic return men to boot, something we could definitely use right about now. You're not really saying that, given the chance to do it all over again, the Bills should still draft Hardy, are you?

Needless to say if we (and everyone else) knew then what we know now, DJ and Eddie Royal would not only have been the first WRs taken in 2008 but they would also both have been early first round picks.

Hard to blame anyone, picking WRs is usually a crap shoot. Hardy may turn into a good player though. Seems to be serious about his career.

Desean Jackson is a playmaker. James Hardy is a bust. I don't give a crap how good the talent around Desean Jackson is. The kid is just electric. I don't need to look at his stats. Watch an Eagles game and you will see it immediately. James Hardy stands out because he runs like Frankenstein in quicksand. Sorry to all you "wait and see" guys but this duckling isn't turning into Eric Moulds.

Desean Jackson is a playmaker. James Hardy is a bust. I don't give a crap how good the talent around Desean Jackson is. The kid is just electric. I don't need to look at his stats. Watch an Eagles game and you will see it immediately. James Hardy stands out because he runs like Frankenstein in quicksand. Sorry to all you "wait and see" guys but this duckling isn't turning into Eric Moulds.

Although i still say give the kid a chance, I have to agree that just watching Hardy run routes makes me a bit nervous. He just looks like he is stumbling over himself during his cuts and when going up for the ball. I just dont get how the scouting dept. didnt see that when evaluating him because it does seem to stand out. I guess maybe they figured we could coach him up like we did with.....(crickets)....well at least they are optimistic. In his defense, I do remember them saying something like Indiana's offense had no resemblance to a pro-style offense, and basically Hardy was never taught how to run precise routes.

Hardy deserves, and will get, his opportunity. Eric Moulds took awhile to get untracked as did Plaxico Burris and other elite receivers. Hardy has decent speed for a big man. If he can polish his routes and learn to use his body in space against smaller DBs he will be a good player. Bills were not the only team that liked him on draft day, even as a potential first rounder, in spite of his rawness.

Hardy deserves, and will get, his opportunity. Eric Moulds took awhile to get untracked as did Plaxico Burris and other elite receivers. Hardy has decent speed for a big man. If he can polish his routes and learn to use his body in space against smaller DBs he will be a good player. Bills were not the only team that liked him on draft day, even as a potential first rounder, in spite of his rawness.

Not this year he won't. Unless one of our starters gets hurt he won't see any significant action. With a decent amount of playing time in his rookie season, Hardy showed he wasn't close to being ready. His obvious height advantage and straight line speed were negated by poor body control, poor route running, lack of quickness, lack of awareness, lack of strength, and an overall lack of aggressiveness. It would have been difficult for Hardy to overcome all of these faults in year 2 of his career. Given the fact that his injury has forced him to miss the most important parts of his second season, his timetable gets pushed back even further. I don't believe that all of these factors can be overcome.

Hindsight makes everyone a genius. I would love to have folks make a list of what players in college now will be coming NFL stars. Then we can see how many whiffs they have.

Furthermore...I can't understand why an injured player is called a bust. He's injured. He could have been gods gift to football but he got injured. People act like GM's are supposed to know who is going to be injured when they draft a player.

PTR

Not this year he won't. Unless one of our starters gets hurt he won't see any significant action. With a decent amount of playing time in his rookie season, Hardy showed he wasn't close to being ready. His obvious height advantage and straight line speed were negated by poor body control, poor route running, lack of quickness, lack of awareness, lack of strength, and an overall lack of aggressiveness. It would have been difficult for Hardy to overcome all of these faults in year 2 of his career. Given the fact that his injury has forced him to miss the most important parts of his second season, his timetable gets pushed back even further. I don't believe that all of these factors can be overcome.

Wow

Hard on the kid. Are you a scout. You must do research. You must watch a lot of film.

Exactly, can't be compared. You just proved why they can't be compared, learn to read.

(and for the record, he literally dropped a TD his rookie year at the 1 yd line, so for all intensive purposes, he had 3 recieving)

I was unaware dropping passes counted as a catch, and also as a Touchdown, so in that case T.O is on fire this year!!!!!!!!

In his defense, I do remember them saying something like Indiana's offense had no resemblance to a pro-style offense, and basically Hardy was never taught how to run precise routes.

He has no defense. The Bills "braintrust" should have had that covered. Probably another reach. :thumbdown: