Death Row or Bad Boy

outside of Biggie, bad boy can suck it

death row had what? Dre, Pac, Snoop... was Ice Cube on DR for a bit?

based on quantity of good acts, i give it to DR. however! based on the one fact that BB had BIG, bad boy wins, on pure luck.

id take DR in a gun fight though too.

edit: ok cube was never on DR, but again, BB only had 1 major artist. everyone else rode biggie's nuts for as long as possible.

outside of Biggie, bad boy can suck it

death row had what? Dre, Pac, Snoop... was Ice Cube on DR for a bit?

based on quantity of good acts, i give it to DR. however! based on the one fact that BB had BIG, bad boy wins, on pure luck.

id take DR in a gun fight though too.

i'm an east coast dude

but Death Row is better IMO

How can you replace Biggie with Ma$e when Snoop and Dre were already in the wings after Tupac!

i'm an east coast dude

but Death Row is better IMO

How can you replace Biggie with Ma$e when Snoop and Dre were already in the wings after Tupac!

yeah, i cant disagree, DR is better as a label. but man, i think i still take Biggie over Pac, Snoop and Dre combined... idk.

What does my age have to do with it?

well, maybe i replied too hastily

you are correct that good music, specifically to this discussion good rap, died with Pac and Biggie. no one could do it like them, and no one has been able to since. they had a way of speaking the truth, sometimes the truth no one wanted to hear, and do it in a very artistic way. Since then, all the wanna-be copy cats combined havent even come up with as many original ideas as either Biggie or Tupac. and theyre all little fakers. and theyre all just trying to do it for show.

if that's what you meant, then i apologize and agree with you.

but if you were going to go into "raps not music", then... yeah, the steely dan thread... :thumbsup:

Occasionally a former co-worker will send me one of Aaron Karo's ruminations. Today he sent this:

"If you were to go back in time to 1994 and tell Dr. Dre that in 15 years he'd be doing Dr. Pepper commercials, do you think he'd just laugh at you or shoot you in the face?"