A serious question that I've thought about.

Lv-Bills

How does he do that at the end of the year? Really, think about it. Let's say Ralphy wants to fire everybody and set up a real football operation with a real GM, coach, etc. How does he do that?

At his age, one would assume that he isn't as tuned in to different hot assistant coaches, or have the great ability anymore to wooooo one of the bigger names out there.

Does anyone think he'd have someone help him find a new staff, and who would that be? It's actually kind of scary to think that if Ralph cleaned house, who in the hell would help him find and put together a new staff.

Any thoughts?

I think this firing everyone kind of thing is not at all what RW has been setting up. RW admitted that hiring Donahoe was not a good idea. Since then he has been trying to set up an operation where Brandon is COO, Modrak does the draft, Guy the pro personnel, etc. If DJ and the Bills really do badly this year all that changes is the HC. The FO remains the same. The HC also of course brings in mostly new assistants. RW is not a clean house kind of owner. Even with Donahoe it was not really clean house but the previous GM left and so did the HC. Even with Knox, Stew Barber was retained to negotiate contracts with players (a huge job in the pre free agency days). Bringing in a new HC to work with the current FO is about the best we can expect. The only HCs who would consider this arrangement are young coordinators or possibly some really desperate out of work former HC. RW's closest adviser overall right now is probably Brandon. He is not going to suggest cleaning house!

Even if DJ goes 7-9 again we might only get a fresh and experienced OC to work with DJ. Seeing how RW has worked for close to 40 years tells me a new HC with the current FO or possibly only a new OC for DJ is all we are going to get.

Guest dog14787
Explain Keith Ellison then.

Explain him how, I'm not sure what you mean.

If you compare our group of LB's with say for instance the Giants LB's, we average out at more then 10 lbs lighter man for man then the Giants.

The Giants have five LB's over 245 pounds on their roster, the Bills have one weighing over 245lbs.

Bigger is better, just ask the G-men.

Explain him how, I'm not sure what you mean.

If you compare our group of LB's with say for instance the Giants LB's, we average out at more then 10 lbs lighter man for man then the Giants.

The Giants have five LB's over 245 pounds on their roster, the Bills have one weighing over 245lbs.

Bigger is better, just ask the G-men.

You said that undersized, high motor guys get injuried more. Well, they don't get more undersized than Ellison and he never gets injuried. I just think the idea of getting guys of a certain size is stupid. Get good players and get a lot of them. This league is filled with good players that are consider undersized.

Guest dog14787
You said that undersized, high motor guys get injuried more. Well, they don't get more undersized than Ellison and he never gets injuried. I just think the idea of getting guys of a certain size is stupid. Get good players and get a lot of them. This league is filled with good players that are consider undersized.

Its evident with teams like the Giants that they prefer bigger athletes and if calling teams like the Giants stupid makes any sense to you, I'm not sure what to tell you because their record year after year speaks for itself.

Derrick Brooks?

I think this firing everyone kind of thing is not at all what RW has been setting up. RW admitted that hiring Donahoe was not a good idea. Since then he has been trying to set up an operation where Brandon is COO, Modrak does the draft, Guy the pro personnel, etc. If DJ and the Bills really do badly this year all that changes is the HC. The FO remains the same. The HC also of course brings in mostly new assistants. RW is not a clean house kind of owner. Even with Donahoe it was not really clean house but the previous GM left and so did the HC. Even with Knox, Stew Barber was retained to negotiate contracts with players (a huge job in the pre free agency days). Bringing in a new HC to work with the current FO is about the best we can expect. The only HCs who would consider this arrangement are young coordinators or possibly some really desperate out of work former HC. RW's closest adviser overall right now is probably Brandon. He is not going to suggest cleaning house!

Even if DJ goes 7-9 again we might only get a fresh and experienced OC to work with DJ. Seeing how RW has worked for close to 40 years tells me a new HC with the current FO or possibly only a new OC for DJ is all we are going to get.

I agree with this. The very prospects that Bills fans are salivating over these days (Shanahan, Holmgren, Gruden, Cowher) are the very ones Ralph will never hire because they want too much control. Ralph simply will not tolerate "uppity" personalities in his organization as he wants people he feels he can control. I think it's highly unlikely we get a new FO but IF we do it will be Buddy's to run, and IF we get a new coach it will be an assistant who hasn't earned his stripes yet and can't dictate the type of organization he'll operate in.

In reality it's less a question of money than it is control.

Could be I guess. If that's the case though, Holmgren, Shanny and Cowher are out for certain, as I think they will all want to do both jobs. Not that I thought Ralph would hire one of those three anyway. Could anybody see one of those three coming to Buffalo to talk to Ralph after being recruited by both Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder?

Yes.

Snyder and Jones are the definition of meddling owners. Living here in DC, the Redskins are a shell of their former selves because of Snyder. An outside "consultant" is brought in to "watch the offense" and "give pointers on where to improve", and then Zorn is stripped of his play-calling abilities and said consultant then becomes the offensive play caller?

The hiring of their idiot GM also is eerily similar to the Bills and the Modrak/ Brandon/ Guy trifecta. All are equally inept at running a football operation and filling it with talented bodies.

But the big difference is that I would hardly put Ralph is the meddling category of Snyder and Jones, Al Davis, etc. Indeed, I would say that if he is involved now, it is only because of the breach of trust created by Tom Donahoe, and that the current product is not up to par.

I believe that at his age, Ralph would like to withdraw to more of a fan of the team. Donahoe screwed that up, but if Ralph would just relax his grip a bit, allow the right, proven, WINNING GM to come in and take charge, that things would change.

Based on that, I could see Shanahan and Holmgren looking at Buffalo with different eyes than Washington or Dallas.

Yes, I believe that all of these "Fire Jauron" people have only got 1/3 of the solution.

Firing Donahoe hires Guy and Modrak- who have been the only constant with the team this decade besides RW- would fill out the remaining 2/3 and fix the issue.

Any coach brought in, and still having to deal with the ineptitude of Guy and Modrak, will experience the same level of failure.

How does he do that at the end of the year? Really, think about it. Let's say Ralphy wants to fire everybody and set up a real football operation with a real GM, coach, etc. How does he do that?

At his age, one would assume that he isn't as tuned in to different hot assistant coaches, or have the great ability anymore to wooooo one of the bigger names out there.

Does anyone think he'd have someone help him find a new staff, and who would that be? It's actually kind of scary to think that if Ralph cleaned house, who in the hell would help him find and put together a new staff.

Any thoughts?

You're wasting your time, Ralph is going to bring who ever he can to fit is his small budget, gotta keep those pockets overflowing.

Yes, I believe that all of these "Fire Jauron" people have only got 1/3 of the solution.

Firing Donahoe hires Guy and Modrak- who have been the only constant with the team this decade besides RW- would fill out the remaining 2/3 and fix the issue.

Any coach brought in, and still having to deal with the ineptitude of Guy and Modrak, will experience the same level of failure.

You are totally correct. You can change the coach a dozen times (and the Bills have), but until you get competency in the front office, nobody is going to win here, with the level of talent the coaches here have been given. Like the old saying goes, "You can polish a turd but it is still a turd."

You are totally correct. You can change the coach a dozen times (and the Bills have), but until you get competency in the front office, nobody is going to win here, with the level of talent the coaches here have been given. Like the old saying goes, "You can polish a turd but it is still a turd."

But at the same time, some coaches can't win even with talent. DJ has proven to be one of those. If by some fluke we wound up with a talented roster...

He has no motor, hence no injuries.

Could be I guess. If that's the case though, Holmgren, Shanny and Cowher are out for certain, as I think they will all want to do both jobs. Not that I thought Ralph would hire one of those three anyway. Could anybody see one of those three coming to Buffalo to talk to Ralph after being recruited by both Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder?

The fact that Holmgren, Shanahan and Cowher would want both jobs might actually go over well with Ralph because then you would only have to pay one person as opposed to two... may get a little discount there.