Anyone hear if the Bills plan to send film on

Steve O

1. They bent him over a player and pounded his head into the ground.

2. If you're going to give Brady a RTP every time somebody sneezes then you have to at least throw a flag for that play.

The difference is that people fill stadiums all across the country to see Tom Brady play, comes down to money for the NFL.

Probably not-they don't wanna spend the money on postage. Seriously though, I would think that if a team loses their starting quarterback with a concussion, they would automatically look at it, what would it take a couple minutes?

Exactly 2 minutes to say, "Nope, no foul here." If anyone deserves a fine for that play it's the Bills Oline. No way a QB should hit the 3rd step in his drop and have 4 guys in his face.

Step away from the crack pipe... NOT even close to roughing the passer. It was a gang tackle and they wrestled him to the ground. Sucks for him that he got a concussion. But, last time I checked, football was still a contact sport.

Football is no longer a contact sport when it comes to QB's

Football is no longer a contact sport when it comes to QB's

wellllll, while that may be true, the argument isn't whether or not the game has become to soft where the qb's are concerned, the question is whether or not the rules were violated. if it constituted a rtp penalty as currently defined, it would seem unwise to just let it go as boys playing the game. it's a tough game played by tough guys, and teams that can get away with violations of the rules undoubtebly will try.

put another way, there's nothing untough about submitting a play for review if you think it's a dirty play.

of course, there's nothing that prevents us from having a coach with a pulse, either, and we're letting that one slide by.

I have looked at the replay and at regular speed, can't see where the J-E-T-S did anything wrong. Having said that, I have seen many roughing the passer penalties where I didn't think the guy did anything wrong.

And god help me, I was actually thrilled when Edwards left the field. I just cannot watch Checkdown Charlie checkdown again. Some QB's (Kelly Holcomb) just don't have the ability to see the field.

Admittedly I didn't listen to any talk shows today or any of the press conferences yesterday but I've been searching the web and haven't seen a thing on this. The hit was late, should have been flagged and fined. Would have been an ejection if it had been on Tom Terrific. Anyways would appreciate knowing if anyone has heard anything on this.

I'm sure they will, along with 31 other teams that send'em in every week pointing out how they got screwed.

In the rare happenstance, you get an apology. Perhaps a club or a player gets fined. That's it.

The difference is that people fill stadiums all across the country to see Tom Brady play, comes down to money for the NFL.

To be honest I'm beginning to think that they are filling the stadiums to see their team beat his skirt wearing a...

Outside of N.E. itself I think folks are pretty fed up with Brady and the favorable treatment he gets. This is not to minimize his talent, I'll admit he's one of the best, but that should not give him the right to a benefit that other QB's, good, bad or ugly don't get. Did you that RTP they gave Suggs a week ago against Brady? He barely touched him, but Brady turns to the ref and instructs him to throw the flag and the lemming does as he's told. Meanwhile Trent gets mugged by two defenders while he's on his knees and it's business as usual.

Protect them all or protect none of them.

Admittedly I didn't listen to any talk shows today or any of the press conferences yesterday but I've been searching the web and haven't seen a thing on this. The hit was late, should have been flagged and fined. Would have been an ejection if it had been on Tom Terrific. Anyways would appreciate knowing if anyone has heard anything on this.

Why? Nothing illegal or dirty happened on the play. It was just football.

The hit happens at 47 seconds, angle is loust but the replay immediately after shows 97 and 52 accelerating through Trent who is already down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYlTE6JYoWQ

Anyone who watches that and still tries to say it was a fair play, is smoking some real good crack. The two guys on top are obviously trying to drive Trent as hard into the ground as they can. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this. Not to mention the one player trying to remove Trents head on the way down.

It was a sack. And a rough tackle. It was not dirty. It was not late. Stop putting dresses on the Qbs. They are protected enough. It's not the defenders fault that Trent could get a concussion putting on his hair gel.

wow--wer must have seen it quite differently. The D had Trent well under control.He was bent backwards--and the guy grabbed Trent around the head with his left arm and pulled and twisted.Tried to rip his head off. I think it should be a long long suspension.

wow--wer must have seen it quite differently. The D had Trent well under control.He was bent backwards--and the guy grabbed Trent around the head with his left arm and pulled and twisted.Tried to rip his head off. I think it should be a long long suspension.

I agree that it was a rough take down. But these guys are trained to take the guy down as hard as possible and not to stop until the Ref makes them. This was not a late hit or spear or helmet to helmet. It did not get (or deserve) a flag and surely does not deserve a suspension. If Trent was not injured, this would be a non-issue right now. Unfortunately, Trent is brittle and will continue to get hurt on routine hits.

The TV angle didn't show the real hit I don't think. It happened on the initial contact I think, but another player was in front of the camera, so the helmet-to-helmet got blocked from camera view. You could hear the helmet-to-helmet though when replayed. The twisting of the head and pushing him over backwards all happened AFTER the concussion hit. The real hit happened while Edwards was still on his feet.

It was a sack. And a rough tackle. It was not dirty. It was not late. Stop putting dresses on the Qbs. They are protected enough. It's not the defenders fault that Trent could get a concussion putting on his hair gel.

When they tried to twist his head off that is not acceptable! and should have been flagged, and hopefully will be fined. QB are the leauge and without them the teams suffer they need to be prtected from 600+ lbs from doing exactly what they did to Trent...

I want high schools to start using bigger fellas at QB, so we can start seeing some real giants at the position at the college level, then the NFL. I want more Jim Kelly's or BIGGER from now on. Not at all the point of this thread, I know, but hey, I'm a !@#$ing monkey.

I agree that it was a rough take down. But these guys are trained to take the guy down as hard as possible and not to stop until the Ref makes them. This was not a late hit or spear or helmet to helmet. It did not get (or deserve) a flag and surely does not deserve a suspension. If Trent was not injured, this would be a non-issue right now. Unfortunately, Trent is brittle and will continue to get hurt on routine hits.

No it wasnt a spear--he just tried to yank/twist off/pull off trents head after he was totally under control. Look at the guys left arm.he puts it around Trents head and twists and tries to pull his head off.Waaaay after the play was completely under control.

I want high schools to start using bigger fellas at QB, so we can start seeing some real giants at the position at the college level, then the NFL. I want more Jim Kelly's or BIGGER from now on. Not at all the point of this thread, I know, but hey, I'm a !@#$ing monkey.

trents bigger than kelly was.--