Ironically, the thing which helped Fitz most...

Let's face it if the Bills lose that game we would be seeing things a whole lot clearer. Fitzpatrick was absymal. The guy is barely serviceable as a stop gap back-up. The Jets lost that game, the Bills didn't win it. How on earth does Rex Ryan continue to allow them to throw when it was obvious the kid was struggling. They couldve run for 500 yards and chose not to.

Um, not really. That was a great adjustment by Evans. Not a perfectly thrown ball by any means. Even the slant TD to Evans was a little behind him. And don't forget that horrible throw to Nelson, where he made a great play reaching around the defender. Fitzpatrick is a pretty bad QB. The Bills have some great receiving weapons. Would love to see how they would do with a guy like Brees, Manning, Warner, etc...

That is what good receivers do. They put in the extra effort in making catches, in fighting and reaching for the ball - not an entirely unique or fresh concept. Not all completed passes are perfectly thrown, by ANY QB and there isn't always an opportunity for a receiver to be wide open. The skill is in the receiver adjusting to make a play. I am not saying Fitz had a stellar day, by any means. But knocking him for those completions is stupid.

BTW, I counted two passes which TO made no effort to catch/hold on to.

I'd love to see Owens play with Peyton in Indianappolis. He would be perfect with a guy that can be so accurate as Manning. He looks to me like he is controlling hinmslef and behaving despite playing with a pop warner type offense.

Peyton might beat his ass for dropping so many passes. He drops as many as he catches, if not more.

That is what good receivers do. They put in the extra effort in making catches, in fighting and reaching for the ball - not an entirely unique or fresh concept. Not all completed passes are perfectly thrown, by ANY QB and there isn't always an opportunity for a receiver to be wide open. The skill is in the receiver adjusting to make a play. I am not saying Fitz had a stellar day, by any means. But knocking him for those completions is stupid.

BTW, I counted two passes which TO made no effort to catch/hold on to.

T.O. hardly ever makes an extra effort to catch a pass that isn't right on his numbers, then when it is he drops half of those. He looks like he has some type of handicap when he goes up for a pass, his hands are just waving all over the place like he is in a lake and he can't swim.

That is what good receivers do. They put in the extra effort in making catches, in fighting and reaching for the ball - not an entirely unique or fresh concept. Not all completed passes are perfectly thrown, by ANY QB and there isn't always an opportunity for a receiver to be wide open. The skill is in the receiver adjusting to make a play.

Whenever Tom Brady or Brett Favre throw bad passes that the receiver makes a good play on it's because they threw it where only his guy could catch it. That's what I though about Fitz on that completion to Nelson (hah-hah).

His play was poor overall, but I thought he did much better as time went on. Remember he wasnt expecting to play yesterday and may not have been ready. The game was very ugly, and other than maybe the Bills corners and the Jets RB no one had a good game.

I'd vote to give Fitz time to play. Let Trent sit on the bench and watch and see in real time what he needs to work on for himself/ what he would do in those situations. Apparently we had said before that he doesn't watch film of other QBs. This may help him and also give us a chance to see if we can do at least a half way decent job with Fitz under center

was that he threw the ball so badly at least 3 times that NYJ players who seemed well positioned to get INTs were unable to make the play.

He looked better than Edwards did in his horrendous performance against the Browns, but then being better than squat can still be only slightly better squat.

Give Fitz a week with the starters and you may see a different QB next game.

I suppose he could have been throwing it where only the WR could get to it but the coverage was so good, that meant that no one could get there. Hey, I'm an optimist. We won a game on the road with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm so I just can't muster up to much criticism.

I think that was exactly what he was doing - trying to make sure that he would not be intercepted and getting to live with an incompletion rather than with a game changing event. Add to that the weather and the lack of first team reps and I think you have the reasons for his unimpressive passing performance. I think that he is better than that. We should find out soon enough.

I'd love to see Owens play with Peyton in Indianappolis. He would be perfect with a guy that can be so accurate as Manning. He looks to me like he is controlling hinmslef and behaving despite playing with a pop warner type offense.

TO has no business complaining about anything. With all the drops, he is part of the problem.

Um, not really. That was a great adjustment by Evans. Not a perfectly thrown ball by any means. Even the slant TD to Evans was a little behind him. And don't forget that horrible throw to Nelson, where he made a great play reaching around the defender. Fitzpatrick is a pretty bad QB. The Bills have some great receiving weapons. Would love to see how they would do with a guy like Brees, Manning, Warner, etc...

Funny I watched the N.O. game earlier and saw Colston and Moore turn around multiple times in the air to make a catch behind them, off the wrong shoulder, etc. the thing that I saw yesterday was Fitzpatrck putting the ball in the pattern and let a nine million dollar a year man go earn his bread, and guess what it worked. Now if T.O. could only hold on to the ball we'd have that great receiving corp that everybody talks about.

Whenever Tom Brady or Brett Favre throw bad passes that the receiver makes a good play on it's because they threw it where only his guy could catch it. That's what I though about Fitz on that completion to Nelson (hah-hah).

Bingo!! The second catch in the N.E. game, yesterday watching Breese consistently throw the ball behind, the wrong side, way to high, etc. but the receivers went after it and got it. That's what they are paid for and to waste two (?) excellent receivers because they aren't open before the "D" gets to you, was proven to be the wrong strategy yesterday.

Yeah, it would be fun to watch him drop passes from Manning.

The wind was brutal, balls were floating all over the place. Tough for everyone, even tough to understand the ref giving the penalty explanations. I hope Fitz gets the start next week. I don't think he's great, but he may run this offense better than TE, I'll reserve judgement until I see him play in better weather conditions though. I thought he did pretty good in the wind yesterday.

I will give Fitz another game that he gets the entire week to work on some timing with the starters before I pass judgement on his play. The guy stepped into a situation taking over a game in horrible winds after not practicing with the staters.

And sorry to those that say it wasn't, but the pass to Evans was very well thrown and hit him in stride, they even mentioned that on the broadcast of the game.

Maybe so, but the toss to Evans that was overturned was deep(ish) and exactly where it needed to be. I don't see TE even attempting that throw, much less making one that good.

For Speaking out loud, Edwards made similar throws to both Owens and Evans in the Tampa game...

When the OL has 12 penalties in a game at home, your QB can only do so much...At this point Edwards is the better QB on the team and many in the National media actually think he is a bright QB who can have a long NFL Career.

Maybe so, but the toss to Evans that was overturned was deep(ish) and exactly where it needed to be. I don't see TE even attempting that throw, much less making one that good.

Wow - I'm the farthest thing from an Edwards apologist, and I hope Fitz starts next week, but Trent has made that throw quite a few times. Off the top of my head, he did vs. NE this year, and vs. Jax last year. Same exact throw.

Edwards would have been off by a good five yards on that throw. I also doubt he would have hit Evans on the slant he scored on.

Fitz's throws, otherwise, tended to be cover-your-eyes bad.

I am not going to crown Fitz as "the answer", but he was able to hit a deep out and another that was bobbled out of bounds - those are tough throws.

And the slant to Evans was in stride and allowed him to split the coverage for the go-ahead score. That soft spot has been there all year, but Trent is always tentative with that throw. That is not a throw that a QB can think too much about (its there then gone), he has to throw it to a spot and trust the receiver to make the play.

With the bad weather causing passes to float and no practice with the first team, I think that Fitz did a good job - you cannot point at him and say that he lost the game for us.

BTW - that fullback we have cannot catch a cold, AVP called a weak-side throw to him off playaction and he was wide open, no defenders within 15 yards of him and he dropped it. I have seen them throw that pass to him before and he did the same thing.