Carolina VS Buc's game

erynthered

Dante Wesley Ejected After Hit On Clifton Smith.

He's going to get fined and maybe suspended for that hit. He came off his feet and nailed Smith on a fair catch!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwfFxr0zI-A

If he doesn't get suspended then there are really no consequences for one's actions in the NFL. Fines are meaningless because they don't have an impact on the team's play, and therefore the coaches could care less. Coaches will continue to allow this sort of stuff until suspensions become the norm.

If he doesn't get suspended then there are really no consequences for one's actions in the NFL. Fines are meaningless because they don't have an impact on the team's play, and therefore the coaches could care less. Coaches will continue to allow this sort of stuff until suspensions become the norm.

And that suspension should be multi-game. I can't picture anything more blatant than that hit. His sole intention was to injure and that is incredibly obvious.

I agree, the consequences are not steep enough. 1 year suspension, without pay. Let him stock shelves at the supermarket or deliver mail for an entire year, to give him enough time to think about why he would lay out a guy on a fair catch, and to make other guys really think twice.

No doubt he should be suspended, but i didn't see where he called for a fair catch, it was early and dangerous, but the articles and the video i read stated he didn't call for one.... I could be wrong though

You may be right on the fair catch. Just looked around at some different articles. Some say he did some say he didnt. Still an illegal hit though.

You may be right on the fair catch. Just looked around at some different articles. Some say he did some say he didnt. Still an illegal hit though.

It was just a slip up by the refs. They had to deal with a potential brawl on the field and slipped on the details when it was finally time to announce the call. Fair catch or not, you have to let the guy catch the ball, so it's still the same penalty either way.

It was just a slip up by the refs. They had to deal with a potential brawl on the field and slipped on the details when it was finally time to announce the call. Fair catch or not, you have to let the guy catch the ball, so it's still the same penalty either way.

The refs did a good job at stopping what could have become a full blown riot.