Why are so many people turning a blind eye to Trent?

Rayzer32

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent was throwing to his WRs before he got injured today and was 5/5 leading the Bills to a FG. Two completions to Evans and one to TO. No one seems to ever bring this stuff up, always the negative. FWIW there is not an NFL caliber starting QB on this team. Although, Trent is the best of the three. Do I want to see Trent here next year? only if he is backing up a proven veteran QB or filling in until a new rookie QB is ready to play. Trent was playing well before his injury, that's all I'm saying. Fitz did nothing to make me see any different.

I'm not a Trent ballwasher, just a realist and I know Fitz will not lead this team or any other team anywhere in the NFL. Look how he did last year with Chad and TJ as his WRs. He was horrible there too. As for Hamdan, there is a reason he is always on the sidelines.

Zero 3rd down conversions is one reason to not be very excited about Trent's performance. Another is that the team just doesn't seem to believe in him to get it done. It seems the QB change kind of sparked the team. 5/5 for 43 yards is all well-and-good, but zero 3rd down conversions is not inspiring play.

Evans would not have had the chance to score those points if Trent were the QB. I remember a Game in Buffalo against the Cowboys a couple years ago & the first game this year you would EXPECT the Bills would have won, they didn't & Trent was the QB both games. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The Cowboys game was more the defenses fault than TE and the Pats game had nothing to do with Trent being the QB. Here's his stats from the Pats game THIS SEASON 15-25 212 2-0. TWO TDs.

Zero 3rd down conversions is one reason to not be very excited about Trent's performance. Another is that the team just doesn't seem to believe in him to get it done. It seems the QB change kind of sparked the team. 5/5 for 43 yards is all well-and-good, but zero 3rd down conversions is not inspiring play.

You call what we saw today 'Sparked'? One win and everybody loses their freakin mind. This is Rayn Fitzpatrick...not Matt Ryan.

You call what we saw today 'Sparked'? One win and everybody loses their freakin mind. This is Rayn Fitzpatrick...not Matt Ryan.

They played tough to the end. Yes, I consider that a spark. It was a helluva lot better than the past 2 weeks. This was a strong division opponent. True, ugly win, but the team fought hard and FOUND A WAY TO WIN. How often can you say that lately?

The Cowboys game was more the defenses fault than TE and the Pats game had nothing to do with Trent being the QB. Here's his stats from the Pats game THIS SEASON 15-25 212 2-0. TWO TDs.

Trent did not throw for a single TD in the Cowboys game (maybe that is the reason you didn't post the stats for that game), if Trent keeps a few drives going in both of those games to give the Defense a chance to rest, maybe they would have had something left at the end of the game.

They played tough to the end. Yes, I consider that a spark. It was a helluva lot better than the past 2 weeks. This was a strong division opponent. True, ugly win, but the team fought hard and FOUND A WAY TO WIN. How often can you say that lately?

the strong division opponent that was on a two game losing streak? We watched different games...six turnovers..did you see the inexplicable pass that Sanchez made for an interception when he mad about 10 yards of open space? Fitzpatrick somehow did this?

Obviously, they found a way to win. Time to lock up Jauron for an additional seventeen years.

Spark? Did someone say spark the Bills to victory? Let's not understate it here. Fitz put this team on his BACK and CARRIED them to victory through the sheer force of his will and determination. Indeed, the 20 megaton shine of his performance so BLINDED Sanchez that Fitz himself was responsible for 4 of those INTs. Oh yeah. It's Fitz time, Buffalo.

Get your shades on.

GO BILLS!!!

Trent did not throw for a single TD in the Cowboys game (maybe that is the reason you didn't post the stats for that game), if Trent keeps a few drives going in both of those games to give the Defense a chance to rest, maybe they would have had something left at the end of the game.

The reason I didn't post stats for the Cowboys game is because its hard to find stats for games that long ago but thats not the point. You make an ok point with the Cowboys game but that was not this year. The Patriots game was a good game for Trent and that loss belongs to McKelvin/ST. You cant blame TE for fumbling the ball and you can't blame him for the two tds the Pats scored on us. In between those two scores TE never got the ball because of the fumble.

Spark? Did someone say spark the Bills to victory? Let's not understate it here. Fitz put this team on his BACK and CARRIED them to victory through the sheer force of his will and determination. Indeed, the 20 megaton shine of his performance so BLINDED Sanchez that Fitz himself was responsible for 4 of those INTs. Oh yeah. It's Fitz time, Buffalo.

Get your shades on.

GO BILLS!!!

ROFL

the strong division opponent that was on a two game losing streak? We watched different games...six turnovers..did you see the inexplicable pass that Sanchez made for an interception when he mad about 10 yards of open space? Fitzpatrick somehow did this?

Obviously, they found a way to win. Time to lock up Jauron for an additional seventeen years.

screw that -- I want Jauron gone ASAP. I'm just saying when a team is losing, things have to be shaken up. Since RW isn't going to do anything about the coaching problem, then there has to be some shakeup in the leadership on the field. The Bills WON -- that's all I care about. Yes, the defense definitely won this game, but do you think maybe the defense had a bit more of a spark because they knew if they could get the offense the ball back that the QB just MIGHT toss it to the receivers? -- what a novel concept. Sure, Trent hit his WR's, too, before the injury, but again -- no 3rd down conversion. I'll take Ryan over Trent right now. I'm not saying Ryan is the savior, but the team needs some changes.

Can you really blame them though? With Fitz in the game, we actually made use of the field for once with the passing offense. We had short, medium, and long throws for completions. As opposed to short dump offs and overthrown long passes. Is Fitz, the second coming? Of course not. However when you have be subjected to someone who consistently would rather throw a checkdown even when there are folks open down the field, how can you blame them for getting excited?

The reason I didn't post stats for the Cowboys game is because its hard to find stats for games that long ago

It is? Or maybe you do not know where to look:

First source

Second source

They can be found. You just need to look.

but thats not the point. You make an ok point with the Cowboys game but that was not this year.

Irrelevant to the argument. You stated a team should win with 6 picks. You mentioned nothing on how it had to be in a specific year.

The Patriots game was a good game for Trent and that loss belongs to McKelvin/ST. You cant blame TE for fumbling the ball and you can't blame him for the two tds the Pats scored on us. In between those two scores TE never got the ball because of the fumble.

Horse hockey. Trent had the ball at the end of the game. What did he do with it? Does getting sacked twice jog your memory?

The reason I didn't post stats for the Cowboys game is because its hard to find stats for games that long ago but thats not the point. You make an ok point with the Cowboys game but that was not this year. The Patriots game was a good game for Trent and that loss belongs to McKelvin/ST. You cant blame TE for fumbling the ball and you can't blame him for the two tds the Pats scored on us. In between those two scores TE never got the ball because of the fumble.

I agree about the end of the Pats* game, but think back...........there were a number of times in that game the Bills went 3 & out. If Trent kept a few of those drives going a little longer, the Defense would have had a chance to rest & who knows?

I agree about the end of the Pats* game, but think back...........there were a number of times in that game the Bills went 3 & out. If Trent kept a few of those drives going a little longer, the Defense would have had a chance to rest & who knows?

I don't think that would've made a difference but no one knows. Anyway I'm tired so no more from me tonight.

Can you really blame them though? With Fitz in the game, we actually made use of the field for once with the passing offense. We had short, medium, and long throws for completions. As opposed to short dump offs and overthrown long passes. Is Fitz, the second coming? Of course not. However when you have be subjected to someone who consistently would rather throw a checkdown even when there are folks open down the field, how can you blame them for getting excited?

Both Edwards and Fitzpatrick suck, and neither one is going to lead this team to anything more than another losing record.

With that said, if the Bills are going to lose, I would rather see them going down swinging. I am so sick of Edwards and his "Jauron" like persona ("Nothing needs to change, we just need to win") and playing style, I would rather watch a god awful Fitzpatrick.

Both Edwards and Fitzpatrick suck, and neither one is going to lead this team to anything more than another losing record.

With that said, if the Bills are going to lose, I would rather see them going down swinging. I am so sick of Edwards and his "Jauron" like persona ("Nothing needs to change, we just need to win") and playing style, I would rather watch a god awful Fitzpatrick.

Agreed, it will be interesting to see how Fitzpatrick does with a weeks practice.

10/08 DAL L 24-25 1 1 23 31 74.2 176 5.7 0 1 3 28 74.1 1 6 6.0 0 1 0

o look i found the stats for the dallas game

Ladies and Gentlement, I would like to introduce you all to Trent Edward's sister, you know the one who he lives with in Buffalo.