Why are so many people turning a blind eye to Trent?

Rayzer32

I agree that TE is the best QB we have, but I'm also not so sure Edwards is the long term future for the Buffalo Bills like I used to be and the concussions haven't helped matters..

LMAO...if Trent is "Captain Checkdown" then you are "Captain Flip Flop"...

One week, everyone who doubts Trent is a retard and a whole barrage of names you called people and Trent is better than Jim Kelly (you even him to Montanna and Brady), a great leader, super intelligent, etc, etc...

Then the next week you say he sucks and is done as a Bill and to bring on Fitz because he is BETTER (and you changed to that stance mid week after getting flamed by almost everyone as Trent became undefendable despite all your efforts to defend him)

Now this week you again say Trent is now our best QB and may still have a future in Buffalo? Its like you just go with the popular opinnion...hilarious...Its like you change you mind on every single snap of the ball...

Maybe thats why you have that stuffed animal rabbit in your avatar because it goes "Flippity Flop"... :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent was throwing to his WRs before he got injured today and was 5/5 leading the Bills to a FG. Two completions to Evans and one to TO. No one seems to ever bring this stuff up, always the negative. FWIW there is not an NFL caliber starting QB on this team. Although, Trent is the best of the three. Do I want to see Trent here next year? only if he is backing up a proven veteran QB or filling in until a new rookie QB is ready to play. Trent was playing well before his injury, that's all I'm saying. Fitz did nothing to make me see any different.

I'm not a Trent ballwasher, just a realist and I know Fitz will not lead this team or any other team anywhere in the NFL. Look how he did last year with Chad and TJ as his WRs. He was horrible there too. As for Hamdan, there is a reason he is always on the sidelines.

The only stat that matter is first downs because that is the true indicator (outside of point production) of how effective a player is. For instance, the NE game, Trents QB rating was a lot higher than Brady even though Brady threw for 150 more yards and had more than double the first downs Trent did (and won the game)...

100 completions in a row for 2 yards still only amounts to 200 yards and no first downs...I dont care about 5/5 I care about how many first downs and third down conversions we had...with Trent its pathetically low not only this year but his whole career, including college...

I'm out of shape, drink way too much beer, and never played organized football and I'm fairly confident I could complete 3/5 passes if I only have to throw the ball 20 feet or so. I should not, in any way imaginable, be able to do something 3/5ths of the time that a pro athlete can.

When he completes a pass > 25 yards, I'll stop thinking he's a suckhole. Until then, it sucks that he's hurt, but it doesn't hurt our chances of winning.

I'm willing to bet that in those conditions, facing an NFL pass-rush, against NFL coverages you would be lucky to complete 1/5.

Trent was throwing to his WRs before he got injured today and was 5/5 leading the Bills to a FG. Two completions to Evans and one to TO. No one seems to ever bring this stuff up, always the negative. FWIW there is not an NFL caliber starting QB on this team. Although, Trent is the best of the three. Do I want to see Trent here next year? only if he is backing up a proven veteran QB or filling in until a new rookie QB is ready to play. Trent was playing well before his injury, that's all I'm saying. Fitz did nothing to make me see any different.

I'm not a Trent ballwasher, just a realist and I know Fitz will not lead this team or any other team anywhere in the NFL. Look how he did last year with Chad and TJ as his WRs. He was horrible there too. As for Hamdan, there is a reason he is always on the sidelines.

wow you are a real idiot, 5/5??? big deal i can throw 5 for 5 also underneath. He sucked all year and last year two. Now that defenses know his tendencY, singular, he is innefective, he couldnt put up a td or keep a drive alive against the fing browns or dolphins and now u suck his dck because he was 5 for 5, oh and sacked and K'O'd on a 3rd down as usual. Fitz already looked better off the bench.

I actually knew this would happen.

People would be confused by stats. Statically, Trent might look nice, but reality says that Fitz didn't practice with the top team all season and at least made our offense look formidable. Trent never converted a 3rd down, and hadn't led his team to a touchdown in like 12 quarters or something. Fitz is not the answer, obviously, but he (being an average qb) surely put Trent in his place...the bench.

Statically, Trent might look nice, but reality says that Fitz didn't practice with the top team all season and at least made our offense look formidable.

I get it, so you're saying the defense wasn't prepared for fitz. Good call. I think people are confused thinking our offense looked formidable..

I get it, so you're saying the defense wasn't prepared for fitz. Good call. I think people are confused thinking our offense looked formidable..

Not really. Fitz did not have Jenkins on him, which was another plus for him, but in all honesty it took maybe 3 or 4 plays to realize that Fitz can't make many throws, but he looked like a real quarterback. he tossed it to Lee and T.O., he bought time, and he did something Trent hasn't done...convert a third down.

TRUST YOUR EYES. Don't over think this. We have all seen Trent play enough games to know he is not an NFL QB. It's not even a debate.

Just the fact that Fitz throws VERTICALLY and not HORIZONTALLY should get him on the field.

I'm of this camp. Fitz didn't wow anyone with his stats, but I saw more of our playbook than I have in over a year. Was that Fitz, AVP or just the fact that it wasn't Trent running the offense... Guess we'll see this week.

It's simple... no one and I mean NO ONE complains to Brady when he check downs for 90% of a game. People in Buffalo love the long ball. The only thing JP could spoil us with. Now when a QB can manage a game, something JP couldn't do, he gets killed for not throwing the long ball.

Now with that being said, I do feel as though Edwards has been shell shocked. Had a TON of promise coming in, leading the team to a 5-1 start last year. For whatever reason the wheels fell off. Not sure if it's the concussions, the play calling, bad OL. Who knows. I hope that he is not seriously injured after the hit he took yesterday.

Who knows how long Fitzpatrick will be the #1. So let's do something Bills fans aren't known for since the days of Jim Kelly (another person I am sick of hearing about) and actually rally behind Fitzpatrick. Hopefully, this team can become 3-4 after next week.

I know Fitz will not lead this team or any other team anywhere in the NFL. Look how he did last year with Chad and TJ as his WRs. He was horrible there too. As for Hamdan, there is a reason he is always on the sidelines.

great points... also, why have we had hamdan these past few years and not at least attempted to develop another qb?

eh,,all these homers have man crushes on big ben and wish they could have a real nfl quarterback again.. its just qb envy.. let it go.. TE will be fine, if his brains unscramble...

The only stat that matter is first downs because that is the true indicator (outside of point production) of how effective a player is. For instance, the NE game, Trents QB rating was a lot higher than Brady even though Brady threw for 150 more yards and had more than double the first downs Trent did (and won the game)...

100 completions in a row for 2 yards still only amounts to 200 yards and no first downs...I dont care about 5/5 I care about how many first downs and third down conversions we had...with Trent its pathetically low not only this year but his whole career, including college...

your rationale is just dumb. as if the qb controls everything that happens on 1st and 3rd downs. there's this thing called a team and that dictates generally what position and yardage you have on 1st and 3rd downs. to be honest, the good teams, on 3rd and 3 or less, they run the ball. that doesn't show up in a qb's stats, does it?

I actually knew this would happen.

People would be confused by stats. Statically, Trent might look nice, but reality says that Fitz didn't practice with the top team all season and at least made our offense look formidable. Trent never converted a 3rd down, and hadn't led his team to a touchdown in like 12 quarters or something. Fitz is not the answer, obviously, but he (being an average qb) surely put Trent in his place...the bench.

reality is he played with TWO better wideouts last year in CJ and TJ and had a way, way worse year than Trent did with Lee, and all his check downs.... gosh i feel like i'm taking CRAZY PILLS!

The Cowboys game was more the defenses fault than TE and the Pats game had nothing to do with Trent being the QB. Here's his stats from the Pats game THIS SEASON 15-25 212 2-0. TWO TDs.

The Pats game was padded on the last drive with one nice pass to TO (19 yards), which was followed up with 2 sacks and then a meaningless 25 yard desperation pass the final play and the laterals that ensued..... Otherwise it was another 170 yard day.

Sorry but how sad are Bills fans that they are excited about a game like that..... How about 22/31 for 320 and 3 TDs???? That will get my attention.

Also wow 5/5 43 yards and he overthrew an open TO (holding was called on the play).....