Tha Harvard QB was not too Bad

Fitz wasn't good, but he at least didn't play scared. That throw to Evans that they reversed (I still don't understand how they reversed that) was an audible by Fitzpatrick...the dude at least wants to win.

Thats what im tlking about he wants to win

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz should have been starting since midway through the Miami game. If that happened, the Bills would be 3-3 right now. Now I don't think he's the future, but he's the best we have at present.

I actually agree with you. He would have led them to 9 or 10 pts vs Cleveland. I want to see Fitz after a week of 1st team reps and game planning. I was very impressed with him leading the O calmly back in the game and in OT. The D gets the game ball today but i don't think Trent throws a TD pass in this game and they would have lost in meekly fashion as usual. Props to Fitz, he may not have the tools but he has the smarts and knows what to do with the ball.

i liked what i saw from Fitz in his 1st few series. he has pocket presence, he's mobile, makes good decisions and MOST IMPORTANTLY he throws to spots where the play was designed. Something sadly Trent can't seem to ever get comfortable with.

It's time to give Fitz a chance ... we have nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Hey, He came off the bench, down 2 scores. On the road, and led us to a win. Thats what a good back up QB does. I also liked how he took some shots down field. Its not esy doing waht he did today. He gets 20% ( if that) of the reps, during practice.

Yes Trent was 5 for 5, But he is still captain check down, now easy even easier to knock out.

Im happy for Fitzpatrick, I thought he would really bad, he was n't , now at least we have a smart back up QB, that can help Trent or groom another young gun. We need to see if Trent is the man, or are we getting yet another guy.

Seems as if he has a better handle on the crappy offense that the Bills have put together.

He was bad. Feel free to hate on Trent all you want (he needs to go), but let's not leave reality behind...

Get rid of Overdorf, Brandon and Jauron before we start thinking a "QB" will cure the ills.

Everyone's in such a hurry to add to the thread, and no one mentioned the third post. This post is correct.

Maybe the fact that both Fitz and Sanchez both completed like 33% of their passes was because of the wind?

To be fair, although it is a small sample size Edwards completed 5 of 5 passes in the same wind, with 3 of those 5 completions to wideouts (two to Evans and one to Owens). He also helped draw a penalty on Revis while throwing a bomb to Owens.

To be fair, although it is a small sample size Edwards completed 5 of 5 passes in the same wind, with 3 of those 5 completions to wideouts (two to Evans and one to Owens). He also helped draw a penalty on Revis while throwing a bomb to Owens.

When was the wind the worst? Did the Bills have the wind then?

Ok, your right, but how many starts did the guy have,..He also was not rushed in, he sat and watch for a full year

Because he was out most of the year with a broken leg. Late in the season, he came into some blow out against the Patriots and sucked.

He showed flashes because of his cannon arm. Then he fell apart. Edwards showed flashes for other reasons and fell apart.

We're still looking for a QB.

Hey, He came off the bench, down 2 scores. On the road, and led us to a win. Thats what a good back up QB does. I also liked how he took some shots down field. Its not esy doing waht he did today. He gets 20% ( if that) of the reps, during practice.

Yes Trent was 5 for 5, But he is still captain check down, now easy even easier to knock out.

Im happy for Fitzpatrick, I thought he would really bad, he was n't , now at least we have a smart back up QB, that can help Trent or groom another young gun. We need to see if Trent is the man, or are we getting yet another guy.

I liked what I saw in Fitzpatrick. True, he made a couple of bad decisions, but he was NOT tentative. He moved EXTREMELY WELL in the pocket to buy another second or two and ran well when he had to. It was refreshing to see a QB not checkdown nearly every down. Given that he probably got no reps in practice, you have to hand it to him to step in like he did and maintain his composure against a very strong defense. I like his demeanor on the field, also -- very focused. Not that I wish harm to Edwards, but I'm glad Fitzpatrick got this opportunity. I think he did a fine job under the circumstances. A big DIVISION WIN -- congratulations to Fitzpatrick and the entire team for a gutzy performance.