Ravens recently contacted the Bills about the possibility of acquiring

bills_red

Look at the big picture for a moment. In all probability, they'll need to soothe fans' concerns for 2010 and I'm sure most ticket buyers will remember this team dealt their biggest name early in 2009 if TO were traded.

Brandon et al will need to market this team next season and I'm sure he's anticipating (as any good manager does) the challenges ahead. Trading TO will leave a bad taste in fans' minds because it indicates the team wasn't serious about winning and more concerned with saving money.

Speak for yourself. Trading Owens for picks, firing the HC, hiring a GM and HC and then using those picks wisely will soothe this fan.

You're for the status quo, not me.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that the Ravens recently contacted the Bills about the possibility of acquiring Terrell Owens.

The Bills reportedly balked because ticket sales have spiked since they signed T.O. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome has been trying to get Owens on his roster for years. He probably wouldn't give up more than a fifth- or sixth-round pick, though.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

why didnt he get him in the off season?

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that the Ravens recently contacted the Bills about the possibility of acquiring Terrell Owens.

The Bills reportedly balked because ticket sales have spiked since they signed T.O. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome has been trying to get Owens on his roster for years. He probably wouldn't give up more than a fifth- or sixth-round pick, though.

Tickets have already been sold and it's not like he would come back to this pathetic team anyway. Trade him!!!!

:P

Speak for yourself. Trading Owens for picks, firing the HC, hiring a GM and HC and then using those picks wisely will soothe this fan.

You're for the status quo, not me.

Where in my posts have I indicated I'm for the status quo? There needs to be a complete rebuild, beginning from the front office on down to the roster. I'm not betting it's going to happen, given the ownership being what it is.

There are so many issues to consider that aren't obvious to dealing TO. How does marketing recover, the accusation that it could be (and I'm not sure of this) a cost cutting move, RW's permission, the idea that it could signal a giving up on the season, and so on.

If this team had a plan for the future it would be a wise move. But I'm not so sure they do, aside from maximizing profitability for the sale down the road.

It will be a while before a high profile player like Owens signs with Buffalo. Don't you think Coles and Housh are realizing the mistake they made not signing with Buffalo? Too bad, I really thought Owens was going to make this an explosive offense.

Where in my posts have I indicated I'm for the status quo? There needs to be a complete rebuild, beginning from the front office on down to the roster. I'm not betting it's going to happen, given the ownership being what it is.

There are so many issues to consider that aren't obvious to dealing TO. How does marketing recover, the accusation that it could be (and I'm not sure of this) a cost cutting move, RW's permission, the idea that it could signal a giving up on the season, and so on.

If this team had a plan for the future it would be a wise move. But I'm not so sure they do, aside from maximizing profitability for the sale down the road.

I forgive you. :P

Owens once 'defiled' the Dallas star. Any problems with him playing there? Winning matters to players and front offices (well, NFL players & FOs, not the Bills where ticket sales matter most).

you know what also matters....the opinion of the face of the Ravens franchise, and the teams Captain for the last decade. I think he has a slight say as to who he wants in his locker room going into battle with him.

Look at the big picture for a moment. In all probability, they'll need to soothe fans' concerns for 2010 and I'm sure most ticket buyers will remember this team dealt their biggest name early in 2009 if TO were traded.

Brandon et al will need to market this team next season and I'm sure he's anticipating (as any good manager does) the challenges ahead. Trading TO will leave a bad taste in fans' minds because it indicates the team wasn't serious about winning and more concerned with saving money.

That feeling would be transient though if there was a total house cleaning with a new front office and coaching staff coming in. I think you are probably hitting very close to the mark here, actually. TO is the one and only superstar on the team and serves multiple purposes.

OTOH, it is another indication that RB is in over his head if he is truly clinging to TO as a way to keep the beer sales going for the rest of this season and to try and save marketing face. The Browns got rid of Braylon Edwards. The Bucs got rid of Gaines Adams. The Chiefs got rid of Jared Allen. Sometimes you have to move a name or superstar player to move your team forward.

That feeling would be transient though if there was a total house cleaning with a new front office and coaching staff coming in. I think you are probably hitting very close to the mark here, actually. TO is the one and only superstar on the team and serves multiple purposes.

OTOH, it is another indication that RB is in over his head if he is truly clinging to TO as a way to keep the beer sales going for the rest of this season and to try and save marketing face. The Browns got rid of Braylon Edwards. The Bucs got rid of Gaines Adams. The Chiefs got rid of Jared Allen. Sometimes you have to move a name or superstar player to move your team forward.

Well said. There are clear, visable ways to rebuild this team. TO, under any circumstances, is not key to our future. The idea imo is to get as much as we can for him.

...AND James Hardy will begin practicing on Wednesday.

Now with Johnson and Hardy in the mix, Owens and Parrish are expendable and should be traded before the deadline.

I would love to get an offensive lineman or linebacker, or some picks for those 2.