300 yard passers have won 74% of the time this season

Got_Wood

This is obviously a stat that has been plaguing this team for a pretty long time now. Many analysts, coaches, and players believe that in order to win in this league, you need to be able to establish the pass first. Not the traditional "establish the run" first. So far teams that have passed for 300+ yards this season have a 23-8 record. Looks like we need to figure this out if we want to start winning...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12367682

Going to use yards per game for total rush/pass of the top 5 teams ass I feel that's a better indicator than overall yards.

For the top 5 rushing teams ypg their combined record is 19-5 with 3 undefeated teams saints/giants/broncos

for the top 5 passing teams ypg their combined record is 14- 9 with 1 undefeated team the colts and one team who had a bye week the chargers at 2-2.

Make of it what you want. Personally I believe a balance is far more important than leaning one way or the other, but overall I'd prefer to have a offense who's identity is that of a rushing offense compared to a passing team, as generally when it comes to the postseason it's the teams who can run the ball who are going to win games.

Going to use yards per game for total rush/pass of the top 5 teams ass I feel that's a better indicator than overall yards.

For the top 5 rushing teams ypg their combined record is 19-5 with 3 undefeated teams saints/giants/broncos

for the top 5 passing teams ypg their combined record is 14- 9 with 1 undefeated team the colts and one team who had a bye week the chargers at 2-2.

Make of it what you want. Personally I believe a balance is far more important than leaning one way or the other, but overall I'd prefer to have a offense who's identity is that of a rushing offense compared to a passing team, as generally when it comes to the postseason it's the teams who can run the ball who are going to win games.

Look at your teams in the top 5 rushing...Saints and Giants both have a dominant passing game, which is why they can run so easily...if it wasnt for their passing game their running game wouldnt be top 5...

Look at your teams in the top 5 rushing...Saints and Giants both have a dominant passing game, which is why they can run so easily...if it wasnt for their passing game their running game wouldnt be top 5...

I'm starting to believe this more and more. The game has changed, and we need to change with it.

I can't wait to see the day our team has a 300 yard passing game, just for the entertainment of it. I get bored watching these guys more often than not.

Its not a dominant passing game that wins, necessarily, but one that can generate big plays. The Bills? They're content to nickel and dime the opposing defense to death, but the problem is, it doesn't work with any consistency these days. You have to have the ability and willingness to aggressively take yardage in chunks if you want to score enough points to win. The Bills offense has the former, but unfortunately, the coaching staff does not have the latter.

There is more to it than the above. Climate enters into the equation as well.

This is obviously a stat that has been plaguing this team for a pretty long time now. Many analysts, coaches, and players believe that in order to win in this league, you need to be able to establish the pass first. Not the traditional "establish the run" first. So far teams that have passed for 300+ yards this season have a 23-8 record. Looks like we need to figure this out if we want to start winning...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12367682

And, the question now is...has Trent Edwards ever thrown for 300 yards in any game in his career in the NFL.

Pass to score, rush to win

Teams need to be able to pass to score - chewing up large chunks of yardage to move the ball

then they need to run the ball, run the clock and control the game

smart teams also turn their defense loose once they have a lead- unlike Dickball which plays soft at all times

Bottom line: without blocking you will be losing more than 74% of your games.

I love people upset with this stat and continue to salivate over running.... All I ask is for a few 300 yard games per season (6) and watch the difference it makes in all facets of the game.

Also note that some of the 300 yard pass game losses were vs. Opposing teams that also threw for 300 yards.....

BTW the #1 reason I want to see 300 passing yards is that it usually equates to an exciting/fun game.....

Teams that are ahead in games run the ball more, so winning causes running more than running causes winning. Of course, it helps a lot if you can put the game away with a strong running game, so it's not a total wash.

Look at first-half stats only (I'm not sure where these would be). That's where you can find out if running or passing leads to a lead, that can be protected by the run.

Three of those losses were games where both QB's threw for 300 yards. Other losses include SD/Raven, where Philip Rivers threw for 430 and they were at the 10 yard line when the game ended. Washington losing to Detroit, again Washington was driving to win Carolina vs. Atlanta where Delhomme had a chance to tie the game late and Aaron Rogers and GB vs. Min where again if it was not for mistakes and a terrible line, GB also had a chance....

So there you have it, 300 yards in losses not necessarily just padding stats, which some pretend is the case.....

Look at all the fun games involving 300+ passing and then look at the bills..... They won 16-13..... Wow........ Yesterday you could watch Brady, Brees, Flacco, Rothlesberger, Gerrard, Rogers, Schaub and Cutler all throw for 300 and the two losses both went down to the last play.......

Ughh we are masochists watching the Bills......