Changing coach not the right thing to do, so says Wilson

Talonz

I'll go out on a limb here - I believe Ralph has made up his mind to change coaches and I believe he will make changes in the front office also. There is little to be gained by making a switch now. The earliest it takes place is the bye week but I now believe Jauron is here until the end of the season.

The more important decision is (call the individual a GM or whatever) who will take over the front office. We all know Ralph felt burned by Donahue and rightfully so. The Marv years are proving to be a failure (in retrospect). The net of this is that Ralph will return to his senses and realize that a true football mind has to lead the front office.

I think Ralph should spend the rest of the season looking to see who is out there and who the best choice for the job is. This season is lost anyway. The roster will be blown up and Bobby April (though his stock has fallen mighty far) might be the only coach worth salvaging from this staff. Dan Snyder has shown that simpkly throwing money around does not solve problems (Cowboys and Jones are also proving this point).

I know many of you will say Ralph is cheap and nothing will change ... time will tell.

+1

Although I would love to see a coaching change no later than the bye week, this is the most likely scenario.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice -- 11 games remaining in the season and Ralph is essentially saying we're going to just ride it out with a lame duck coach who has no prayer of winning many games. 11 games! How do you just throw away the season like that?

OK, barring a miracle, an interim is not going to get this team to the playoffs, either, but psychologically, it would be so much easier to watch this team under an interim coach for 11 weeks than Jauron.

time for the Commisioner to take control of this mess for the good of the game

it is almost as if ralph is sabotaging his own team

Nice -- 11 games remaining in the season and Ralph is essentially saying we're going to just ride it out with a lame duck coach who has no prayer of winning many games. 11 games! How do you just throw away the season like that?

That boat sailed at the end of last season when no change was made.

Some here clinged to the belief that the preseason did not serve as an indication that this ship was sinking (and fast). Too many drank the Kool Aid when T.O. was signed. Guess what? a poor o-line, a QB that should be riding the bench in combination with a bad scheme equals a mess. How the Bills thought that trading Peters and signing T.O. (there only significant roster moves of the offseason) would improve the team is beyond me.

This roster and coaching staff is shown for what it is ... pathetic.

NFL haves and have nots imbalance worst in my memory, too. This makes for a pretty bad product for the entire league. Maybe the league ownership will get it and enact some changes to promote parity but I'm not sure what those would be...outlawing cheap owners who look at winning as secondary?

I don't think the lack of parity is because of cheap owners as much as owners who want to do too much themselves. No one would call Al Davis, Jerry Jones, or Dan Snyder cheap. However, their franchises have been unsucessful for the better part of this decade because they are not great football minds and they want to make all the key personnel decisions. Green Bay, Minnesota, Indianapolis, San Diego, Charlotte, Tennesee, Pittsburgh and Denver aren't big markets that generate a ton of revenue that other teams don't, but they have had success because their owners aren't egomaniacs and they leave the football decisions to people who know what they're doing.

Jauron has one more card to play. They can bench Edwards. What else is there?

The emergency chute is going to fail, of course. Fitzpatpatsack isn't any good. We knew that when they outbid themselves in a rush for his services.

Let's see what Hamden can do. That would make me watch, at least.

OK, barring a miracle, an interim is not going to get this team to the playoffs, either, but psychologically, it would be so much easier to watch this team under an interim coach for 11 weeks than Jauron.

It would not only be easier to stomach, but would actually give the new coach (NOT "interim" coach) the ability to evaluate his assistants and players in live game situations before it comes time to make personnel decisions, a chance that many head coaches don't get. It would give whoever comes in that extra time to deal with this extra-large mess. And Dick could retire into oblivion like he obviously wants to, as well. Win-Win-Win, in this poster's opinion.

If Ralph really feels this was and DJ keeps playing Captain Checkdown and keeps his job with 25 penalties per game then maybe it is time for the Commisioner to take control of this mess for the good of the game..

Which would mean allowing the team to go Public and be owned by the public (like Green Bay)!

But, I say the stock should pay a dividend not only on the field, but off as well- as in dividend yield. If we each owned a piece of the pie, we'd have no one but ourselves to blame and could put an end to the moving out of town scenerio.

I don't see much point in an interim coach, but if we we're so inclined I'd vote for Fewell over any of our other Assistants. His defense is the only respectable unit on the team. I'm sick of the Bobby April unrequited love - the ST's have been horrific - objectively one of the worst in the league.

I am sure everyone would feel better if Wilson had fired Jauron this morning, but unfortunately, Wilson is right in not making an emotional decision after that debacle. Simply firing jauron does not solve anything at this point unless you have a plan. Who would take over? You can not bring someone in from the outside mid season, realistically. April has been the assumed choice, but the horrible performance of the ST this year does not speak loudly for his ability to change the course on an interim basis. He did not rule out making a change later in the season. The bye week makes the most sense.

Not sure there are any good options which means riding out the season and hoping for a high draft choice and a decent QB falls to us. 1 and 15 is not a bad plan at this point. The season is clearly lost.

The sad truth is that nobody can force Ralph out. The only way for him to go is to die and knowing our luck he will be that guy who lives to be 107.

The Bills lease in Orchard Park will be up soon. That should make things interesting if the Bills decide to stay, but it will probably be based on taxpayer funded improvements.

I am sure everyone would feel better if Wilson had fired Jauron this morning, but unfortunately, Wilson is right in not making an emotional decision after that debacle. Simply firing jauron does not solve anything at this point unless you have a plan. Who would take over? You can not bring someone in from the outside mid season, realistically. April has been the assumed choice, but the horrible performance of the ST this year does not speak loudly for his ability to change the course on an interim basis. He did not rule out making a change later in the season. The bye week makes the most sense.

What, there aren’t any other teams that are in the same boat as the Bills? Why wait until the end of the year after the Redskins, Cowboys and other teams grab the best talent available? The sooner the house is cleaned the better.

The only reason I want Jauron to be fired immediately is that it means there is no ambiguity that he will be fired eventually. But I think we've crossed that line now. The season is lost and there's nobody on the staff who could outcoach Jauron anyway. April? Fewell? Van Pelt? It's not like we still have have Sam Wyche coaching QBs or anything.

Why force April or Fewell to embarrass themselves when Jauron can just absorb it all.

I dunno, that's probably too cynical, but it's why I don't care that Jauron hasn't already been fired.