Kawika & Buggs out the year

bills_red

Bills LBs Kawika Mitchell and Marcus Buggs are done for the season after suffering knee injuries in Week 5 that will require surgery.

Mitchell was filling in for usual starting MLB Paul Posluszny (broken arm), who isn't due back for two more weeks. The losses are massive for Buffalo, which annually is among the league's most injured teams. It's probably time they start searching for upgrades on the strength and conditioning staff. Smallish OLB Keith Ellison will likely start in the middle in Week 6.

Source: Associated Press

Related: Marcus Buggs

Ah hah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Just when I think the joke is over, it get's better!!!! All you can do is laugh a little and move on. I am throwing support to the Jet's for the rest of the year - at least their coach is kind of cartoonish and fun to watch....

I'll tell you the different options I GUARANTEE we're looking at:

1.) Bring Marcus Freeman up from the practice squad.

2.) Sign Alvin Bowen back to the active roster from Washington's practice squad.

3.) Sign John DiGiorgio off of free agency.

Personally, i'd sign Derrick Brooks or Marcus Washington to play alongside Ellison and Palmer, but we know that's just crazy talk. Furthermore, i'd rather have Nic Harris in there then either Ellison or Palmer. And don't even get me started on Jon Fudgin' Corto! At the VERY least, it should be Ellison, Palmer, and Harris!

That makes the most sense, so basically it's not going to happen...

Since we have all of those DBs, we could just play a 5-0-6 base defense. It couldn't make our defense any worse since our LBs are the same size as our DBs anyway.

Seriously, this may be a good option, a 5-1-5. Put your deepest talent on the field. Well not talent, the guys that stink the least