I just don't understand this quote from Lee Evans

Receiver Lee Evans(notes) shook his head when asked if he believes Jauron will be fired.

“I hope not,” Evans said. “That’s not going to solve anything.”

If our highest paid receiver doesn't think that Jauron is the problem then I'd be curious to know what he thinks the problem is. Is it Edwards, is it Van Pelt, is it the organization?

It's really amazing to me that the #1 WR on a team that hasn't won a division game in two years thinks the head coach isn't the problem. One thing is certain, none of the players seem to blame Jauron for this disaster.

This entire organization has turned into a freaking disgrace. I now know what it feels like to be a Lions fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=2009...002&prov=ap

Receiver Lee Evans(notes) shook his head when asked if he believes Jauron will be fired.

"I hope not," Evans said. "That's not going to solve anything."

If our highest paid receiver doesn't think that Jauron is the problem then I'd be curious to know what he thinks the problem is. Is it Edwards, is it Van Pelt, is it the organization?

It's really amazing to me that the #1 WR on a team that hasn't won a division game in two years thinks the head coach isn't the problem. One thing is certain, none of the players seem to blame Jauron for this disaster.

This entire organization has turned into a freaking disgrace. I now know what it feels like to be a Lions fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=2009...002&prov=ap

This is the same thing that happens in politics. Ask voters what they think about congress and they'll complain that its filled with crooks and incompetents. Ask them what they think about their rep or Senator and a majority will usually tell you that their guy is not like the others and is doing a good job - that's why it's so hard to get rid on an incumbant and why things never seem to change in Washington. Same thing here - sure there are problems, but it's not our coach - he's doing a good job.

In fairness to Lee Evans, I don't necessarily blame him for saying that, even if he doesn't believe it. If he were to speak out against Jauron, it would undoubtedly bring a great deal of controversy and unwanted attention to his own doorstep.

Then again, maybe he does believe it???

The players like having no accountability whatsoever. It's Camp Marv without the victories.

Bullcrap. The players are putting it on themselves. And if they really think that Jauron is not to blame, well they are a lot more likely to know than we are.

Over and over they say that Jauron puts them into position to win, and that the players aren't executing. I'm willing to believe it, because you know that putting the blame on themselves isn't the best career strategy. It's just what they really think.

And anyone who thinks that:

A) A team with a truly crappy o-line is likely to be successful, or ...

B) That the Bills o-line is NOT truly crappy ...

isn't all that smart a fan.

Throw in a QB who seems to have a mental block against throwing longer than throwing long, and you have serious, horrendous personnel problems.

Then throw in the very high percentage of injuries over the last three years and you have a problem with the strength and conditioning coach.

I expect Jauron gone before next season, and at this point a change is probably necessary. But until we get in a new bunch of better players, a new strength coach and a new QB (even if it's just Trent with a mental makeover) and a new offensive system, we aren't going anywhere.

In fairness to Lee Evans, I don't necessarily blame him for saying that, even if he doesn't believe it. If he were to speak out against Jauron, it would undoubtedly bring a great deal of controversy and unwanted attention to his own doorstep.

Then again, maybe he does believe it???

They all believe it.

Believe it.

Then throw in the very high percentage of injuries over the last three years and you have a problem with the strength and conditioning coach.

Not quite sure how you prevent a broken thumb, a broken arm and torn ACL's. It's a violent sport, injuries are going to happen. We wouldn't feel these injuries as much if we signed our Free Agents, drafted better and signed NFL quality backups.

C) organization. That means all of the above. We have seen bad qb's win in this league with good teams and orgs around them. We have rarly seen good QB's succeed with crappy teams/org's around them.

It has to be Edwards in his mind. Lee and Owens are 2 big time wide-outs. When they get a chance to run down field and try and make a big play, Edwards gets scared and dumps it off to Lynch or Jackson. That to me says Edwards doesn't feel comfortable throwing into coverage, but Lee and Owens want him to take a chance so they can go up and get it.

I'm not saying that Edwards WOULD be able to throw it down field, see last nights game's interception. But with 2 dominant running backs, a decent OL, and 2 explosive wide outs... you bills should have one of the best offenses in the league. Put Fitz in, and see what happens is my opinion.

As much as I don't like Jauron, this isn't all that surprising. We don't know what's happening in the locker room or how the players feel about him.

And if you are on the field yesterday and see your OL make nine false start penalties and your QB do nothing, are you thinking about blaming the coach or do you want to tear those six guys a new one?

Not to mention, he's right -- it's not going to solve anything. There's not going to be an Mike Singletary 'come in an rally the team' episode in Buffalo with a new coach. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I realize that there isn't any point at all in firing Jauron if the entire FO doesn't follow him out the door.

What is he supposed to say? He got killed by the media in the past for being honest. Lee is like a kid who grows up in Afghanistan who thinks life is about war and fighting. Lee doesn't know any better, we're supposed to suck in his mind.

Hahahah, dead on.

Bullcrap. The players are putting it on themselves. And if they really think that Jauron is not to blame, well they are a lot more likely to know than we are.

Over and over they say that Jauron puts them into position to win, and that the players aren't executing. I'm willing to believe it, because you know that putting the blame on themselves isn't the best career strategy. It's just what they really think.

And anyone who thinks that:

A) A team with a truly crappy o-line is likely to be successful, or ...

B) That the Bills o-line is NOT truly crappy ...

isn't all that smart a fan.

Throw in a QB who seems to have a mental block against throwing longer than throwing long, and you have serious, horrendous personnel problems.

I expect Jauron gone before next season, and at this point a change is probably necessary. But until we get in a new bunch of better players, a new strength coach and a new QB (even if it's just Trent with a mental makeover) and a new offensive system, we aren't going anywhere.

I'm interested to know where exactly are all these Folks who think the O-Line is just fine and the QB is AOK? I don't see many if any of those Folks around here...So are you just trying to take yet another shot at Folks around here who have been telling you forever and a day now that this Team will NEVER win under Jauron? Just asking cause I want to be able to keep up...

The Players say that Jauron puts them in position to win Games every Sunday huh? But they don't win much do they? And that has nothing to do with Jauron huh? Even though the record is undeniably bad? Even though He's 22 Games under .500 as an NFL HC? Even though he's 2-21 vs. Teams that finish the Season with a winning record since coming to Buffalo? Let me get this straight now...He puts them into position to win, only they don't win...I'm confused now...It's ALL Players and Personnel now huh? Nothing to do with this outstanding Head Coaching that allows us to win...only we don't win????...Okey doke... :censored:

I need to know this too...Maybe someone can help???...How in the hell does Trent Edwards or Lee Evans know what it takes to win in the NFL? Since when did they become experts at what it takes to win? All they have done is lose more than they win, so how do they know what it takes? Answer...THEY DON'T...They have not worked for or with a HC who understands what it takes to win consistently in the NFL...They are brainwashed...Or they don't give a crap...The only thing they need to know is they are not winning...For whatever reason...And in the NFL if you don't win you get replaced... Period...So instead of defending a Coach to death who obviously DOES NOT put them into position to win games (because THEY LOSE MORE THAN THEY WIN that cannot be disputed), how about they simply say "We understand that at the end of the day winning is all that really matters...And if we don't win of coarse our beloved HC will no longer be around...You can't keep losing and keep your job at the same time...That's just the way it is..."

Is that so hard to understand...Trent? Lee?

Just saying... :lol: