Should the Bills trade Lee Evans to Dolphins?

Now is not the time. There is no one trade or series of trades that can help this team until a quality General Manager is brought in who can identify the problems and chart a course to completely change the way this organization is run, which of course includes hiring a new coach. Until that happens, any trade will simply bring draft picks that will be wasted, as so many picks have been wasted in the last 10 years. The decision whether to trade Evans or any other key player, will have to wait until a new regime is in place. Of course, the chance that Wilson will give meaningful authority to a General Manager who actually knows what he's doing is microscopic. It has happened only once in the last 30 years.

Thank you!

Trading Evans to a Division rival (like trading a 1st round pick to the Patriots for Bledsoe) just simply stinks of media stupidity.

Modrak must go. Guy has REALLY got to go. Brandon needs to shuffle back to marketing and can stay as COO for all I care. Jauron needs to pack his bags. A real GM or coach/ GM (Shanahan, Holmgren) need to be brought in to chart a course. Nix can be promoted to head of college scouting. Maybe even get rid of some scouts and get some quality new ones. Maybe a few free agent moves can be made now to protect from the injuries (Runyan, Brooks). Trades? Only with new management. Cuz john guy s-u-c-k-s!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Lori, let's keep paying Lee Evans 9 mill per year & have him catch 2 balls for 11 yards. The guy is not a difference maker & either refuses to go over the middle or the coaches do not have conficence in his ability. IMO, Evans is part of the problem, not part of the solution. You do not pay a guy like that the money the bills are paying him. If Miami offers a 1st day pick, the bills should jump on it.

As others have said as soon as the Bills get a new QB(NEXT YEAR) Lee will be fine. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO OVER THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As others have said as soon as the Bills get a new QB(NEXT YEAR) Lee will be fine. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO OVER THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do not pay a guy 9 mill a year to run fly patterns all day. Get a fuggin clue.

How did I know that would be a Bob Matthews column even before I clicked the link? Yeah, Bob, give the Fins the quality WR they lack, so all three AFC East teams can beat the snot out of the Bills. Oh, wait. Miami didn't even need good WRs to do that...

Did Bob sniff a lot of glue in his younger days?

PTR

T.O. is gone at the end of the year.

If you trade Evans, who is the QB we likely draft going to throw to? If Evans were 32, OK, but he has another 5 - 7 good years ahead of him.

Lee would probably love it, at this point, but it makes no sense for the Bills.

What exactly has Lee brought to this team at this point?

I say rid of the big contract, and allocate that $ to needs all over the defense, especially LB.

I say THANK GOD you & Gordio HAVE NO SAY in how the team is run.

The guy has 2 td catches in his last 12 games. Think about that for a second. All of it can not be on the qb & the coaching. This guy is an average #2 receiver. If he had a resonable contract you could keep him. If they do bring in a new front office, my guess is their first order of business will be to ask #83 to take a major paycut & if he does not(more then likely) I would not be surprised if they cut him.

The guy has 2 td catches in his last 12 games. Think about that for a second. All of it can not be on the qb & the coaching. This guy is an average #2 receiver. If he had a resonable contract you could keep him. If they do bring in a new front office, my guess is their first order of business will be to ask #83 to take a major paycut & if he does not(more then likely) I would not be surprised if they cut him.

It all CAN be on the QB & Coaching.

Your retarded for suggesting that. Sending a potential Pro Bowler (on the right team) to the division rival? Please.

This is Evans 6th year in the league, & to my knowledge he has never been to the pro bowl, why do you think he is a potential pro bowler?

I'm for trading anyone or anything to start building a offensive line. Thats where it all begins. Without that you have nothing. This is what should have been done starting a few years ago. That would actually take a bit of foresight though.

What Evans lacks in skill he makes up for in being a iron man. Hasn't missed a game yet.

Besides, TO is gone after this season. You want to trade our only other decent WR?

Just looking at his contract. Alot of money to be paid for the numbers he produces.