Is Manjini still on the Jets payroll?

In April Manjini alllows the Jets to trade way up in the draft to select Sanchez. So what does he get in return? A second round pick, and 3rd string qb, and couple of special teams players. Who moves that far down for so little. This however, was not enough. Now he trades away a pro bowl wr for a slot receiver and two conditional picks that will be no higher than 3rds. I know Edwards has sturggled, but at that price it is certainly worth the risk. I only wished that the bills had some former jets on the roster, who know what we could get.

In April Manjini alllows the Jets to trade way up in the draft to select Sanchez. So what does he get in return? A second round pick, and 3rd string qb, and couple of special teams players. Who moves that far down for so little. This however, was not enough. Now he trades away a pro bowl wr for a slot receiver and two conditional picks that will be no higher than 3rds. I know Edwards has sturggled, but at that price it is certainly worth the risk. I only wished that the bills had some former jets on the roster, who know what we could get.

What makes the Edwards trade really sad is that he could have gotten a late first plus other stuff from the Giants or Titans both of whom drafted receivers in the draft's first round. So why hold on to him only to trade him mid season for nothing really. Mangina is a horrible coach with the Browns (he won some points with me for blowing the spygate story) and is making horrible decisions with that franchise.

The trade down for Sanchez was a bad trade but not a horrible one 5 to 17 and you got a second round pick and a few players you liked from your former team OK bad move but its one you can live with. A second is nice and you liked those players but you should have gotten more. But this Edwards trade is just so bad on so many levels that it really makes you think if the Browns are doing favors for the Jets.

I was thinking the same thing.

Can someone explain to me how today's trade helps the Browns?

The Browns just got rid of a headache. I live here in Cleveland and at least since the beginning of last season Braylon's not been focused when he's on the field. Tons of drops, but also not expecting the ball and not running good patterns. His stats last year belie the fact that he dropped a ton of throws all year. Sure, he's got a ton of talent, folks around here think he doesn't like being in this smaller market to begin with and he seems to have a pretty large ego. I agree with this thinking and quite a lot of fans are tired of their all-pro receiver seeming disinterested and screwing up. Throw in a couple injuries and the latest trouble punching a guy in the face which he may get a suspension for and it was the last straw. Couple that with Mohamed Massaquoi having a great game holding on to Anderson's lasers and bye-bye Braylon.

Browns fans on the whole aren't too broken up about this for the reasons outlined above and I don't blame them. The easiest way to relate this to Bills fans is to pretend Peters wasn't traded this offseason and was here playing even worse than last year. Then he assaulted someone at a local bar Sunday night. Would you be sorry to see him traded? Sure he's a great talent but is mostly a liability during the game, and a crappy attitude to boot.

Time for the Browns to move on. Gives them a chance to work Josh Cribbs and Brian Robiskie in more. Browns are better off with Cribbs or a rookie in there. At least they'll play hard and hold on to most of the passes thrown their way.

I was thinking the same thing.

Can someone explain to me how today's trade helps the Browns?

Addition by subtraction

Edwards was a distraction

Plus it's pretty obvious the Browns aren't going to be a contender this year. So they pick up a decent young WR, a ST demon (best part of trade IMO) a couple of draft picks, and dump an underachiever who I doubt had any intentions of staying in Cleveland after the contract expires