Money saving ideas

Cell phone ok - but does it have to have all the bells and whistles?

Oh certainly not, mine sure doesn't. But I felt as though Tom thought it was completely unnecessary to have a cell phone of any kind in this age.

Oh certainly not, mine sure doesn't. But I felt as though Tom thought it was completely unnecessary to have a cell phone of any kind in this age.

It is completely unnecessary. You can live without a cell phone. That's the definition of a "luxury".

It is completely unnecessary. You can live without a cell phone. That's the definition of a "luxury".

even as a young person in a technology field, i can agree with this.

if money is that tight, no tailgating, no cell phone, etc.

its ridiculous the amount of wants that people have convinced themselves they need just because "everyone has one".

Recently I was explaining to a 25 year old how we communicated in college --- "there was a pay phone in the hallway, it would ring, someone would eventually walk by and answer it, then pound on your door and yell 'PHONE!'" -- and the kid looked at me like I told him we had to hike ten miles and pump our own water.

Recently I was explaining to a 25 year old how we communicated in college --- "there was a pay phone in the hallway, it would ring, someone would eventually walk by and answer it, then pound on your door and yell 'PHONE!'" -- and the kid looked at me like I told him we had to hike ten miles and pump our own water.

and my God what did we do before Ipods? I chuckle when i see the volume of people that cant be out of electronic contact for more than 10 minutes

Sure I could live. According to my employer, though, I couldn't work. At least I couldn't work for them.

I would much rather this be the case than having to pay for my cell phone. However, my entire residence building only has one pay phone.

its ridiculous the amount of wants that people have convinced themselves they need just because "everyone has one".

My daughter's school at one point INSISTED I put my cell phone on my daughter's information form or emergencies. When I told I did not have one they said every one has one even kids. The lady could not grasp the concept of someone without a cell phone. I finally just put the phone number of the front school office on it and she did not even notice what the number was.

Ironically we both have one now (pay as you go plans) and neither can have it with us at work. Both are firing offenses and my wife works at a school.