Hey all you Jason Peters haters

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate Jason Peters. ive hated him since he took this team hostage. i still do. i probably always will.

it has nothing to do with his ABILITY. it has everything to do with how he handled his business and the position he put the team in.

Then you must've despised Bruce Smith, seeing as how he held out for five consecutive training camps.

Senator, I know you hate Peters, but shouldn't the facts have something to do with your assessment? Your numbers are waaaaaaaay off:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

According to these guys, he's allowed 1 sack in 3 games and is the highest overall rated lineman in the NFL. That doesn't seem like failure to me...

Dude.. that site is a freaking joke.. they have Josh Reed rated #10.. and Randy Moss #99 for WR.. Oh.. lets not miss the fact they have Schouman ranked as the #1 TE.. LOL

It isn't that they got rid of peters. I have no problem with that. It is that they replaced him with Walker, and then a week before the season decided that wouldn't work.

Getting rid of a player is fine. Patriots do it all the time. The problem is who you replace him with, and the Bills clearly screwed the pooch on that one.

I notice all of you Jason Pets haters are quiet now...maybe Peters will send you a postcard from the NFL Playoffs or the Super Bowl! :blink::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Dude.. that site is a freaking joke.. they have Josh Reed rated #10.. and Randy Moss #99 for WR.. Oh.. lets not miss the fact they have Schouman ranked as the #1 TE.. LOL

And that means exactly what regarding the # of sacks that peters gave up through 3 weeks?

Got another source that contradicts the number? Then post it. If not then go fly a kite.

And I'll respond the same way a million other people have already responded to this very point.

Jason Peters is not Bruce Smith.

never said he was. the point that the other poster made was that he didn't have a problem with peters' ability, but rather the way he handled his business (i.e. the holdout). it should've been very, very clear that my point was that Bruce did the EXACT same thing multiple times. did you hate him?

that's the point. it's really quite simple.

never said he was. the point that the other poster made was that he didn't have a problem with peters' ability, but rather the way he handled his business (i.e. the holdout). it should've been very, very clear that my point was that Bruce did the EXACT same thing multiple times. did you hate him?

that's the point. it's really quite simple.

And I get the point. Quite clearly, in fact.

The difference being Bruce Smith makes the cut for top-10 greatest football players of all time. Peters not so much. Also, Smith produced year after year. Peters not so much. Also, Smith was a leader on a Super Bowl contender. Peters not so much. Also, Smith was the first overall pick in the draft. Peters not so much.

The difference being Bruce Smith makes the cut for top-10 greatest football players of all time. Peters not so much. Also, Smith produced year after year. Peters not so much. Also, Smith was a leader on a Super Bowl contender. Peters not so much. Also, Smith was the first overall pick in the draft. Peters not so much.

And I understand all of that. None of those things have anything to do with fans being angry at the guy for simply holding out. If you understand my point, there wouldn't be any need for your second paragraph. Unless, of course, you're bringing the on-field accumen into the discussion, a subject which--again--I thought the discussion was very clearly omitting.

Senator, I know you hate Peters, but shouldn't the facts have something to do with your assessment? Your numbers are waaaaaaaay off:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

According to these guys, he's allowed 1 sack in 3 games and is the highest overall rated lineman in the NFL. That doesn't seem like failure to me...

This is a fascinating website. It also is depressing when you look at how some of the other former Bills are rated compared to the guys we have now. Peters is rated the best LT. Winfield is rated the best corner. Clements comes in at number 4. London is rated one of the top inside LBs. To add insult to injury, the highest rated guy we have at his position (at least according to how they rated performance thus far this year) is out for the season.

Reed is in there because he's caught 100 percent of the catches thrown his way. That's not a misprint. The guy is good at what he does.

And I'll respond the same way a million other people have already responded to this very point.

Jason Peters is not Bruce Smith.

Who says he was?

I am saying he is much better then what we have....and his loss trickled down through the ENTIRE OL

The same thing, but different. Peters is better than you think he is, by the way.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-787452.html

That site is actually really good if you look at it closely. The cream generally rises to the top in their system across positions, and there are a number of surprises too. For instance, it's interesting that Reed not only hasn't dropped a pass, but that every pass thrown his way has resulted in a completion. Yet AVP is running two-WR sets a ton of the time. Schouman was playing quite well before the injury, btw.

Reed is in there because he's caught 100 percent of the catches thrown his way. That's not a misprint. The guy is good at what he does.

I like Reed.. but should he be ranked #10? I guess by the stats..

I'm tired of hearing about Jason F'n Peters.

He's gone, page turned, water under the bridge, etc... Jason Peters got burnt for his share of sacks in last year's glorious run too.

He wanted god-like money that we can better spend on a coach who can maybe find his arse with both hands, or maybe they should have spent the money they saved on two adequate backups for Bell and Butler.