Hey all you Jason Peters haters

but isn't it awesome to have been around so long that the standing Buffalo is cool again? I'm not not 60 yet, 48 this year, but my 10 year old loves the throwbacks.

a few years back i was speaking with scott berchtold at a party, when he lived near my sister. the question came up about the past acquisition of randy moss---at the time still considered by some to be a malcontent who would divide the team and maybe had loss a step or three. when sb was asked about it, he looked almost surprised someone would ask it and said basically----"duh, yeah. brady/welker/moss?? we're very concerned!". so, alot of th news and focu was on how it might divide the pats,while the guys in the know, well, knew."

I honestly do not think that was his only option. There are very few holdouts in the league, and most of the agents are able to get their players raises and contracts without having to resort to holdouts.

The Bills supposedly even told him they would discuss a contract with him if he would have reported to camp. Not saying he was wrong to hold out, as that is his option, just that he was told before the hold out started, that they were willing to discuss a new contract, but only if he reported to camp. The Bills put themselves in a spot were they couldn't negotiate without looking weak at that point, and I think they did the right thing by sticking to their guns and not negotiating till he came to camp. However it came back and bit them bad.

So while allot of people are blaming it on the Bills for not giving him a new contract the first year he held out, I am blaming Peters agent on that one, as he already had gotten the Bills to cave and negotiate. They didn't guarantee they would give him a new contract at that point, but if they would have negotiated, and he could have reported to camp, with the option leave camp if the talks broke down.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it goes again. Jason Peters is making his annual trip to the bench as he gets hurt yet again, and will not return. So, his contract goes up even more, as he'll be again paid the full amount of money and not playing all the games!

:P Here's to you Jason, you next Jackie Slater you.