• Fire Russ Brandon
    • Fire entire Front Office
    • Fire entire Coaching Staff
    • Bench Trent Edwards
    • Bench O-Line
    • Do nothing as usual
    • Sell Team ASAP
    • Realize you have to spend $ on talent

Its obvoius after the Bills performance vs the winless Miami Dolphins (who were without their 2 best players-Joey Porter and Chad Pennnington) THAT CHANGE HAS TO HAPPEN.

If your were Ralph Wilson, what would you do?

before or after my nap?

To be honest, if I were Wilson, I would NOT listen to the fans right now. I'd sit back and think carefully on the situation, realizing this cannot go on for much longer. Sit with Brandon and company discussing the situation over the next few days/weeks. Look at the results of the next couple of games in the meantime think of potential midseason candidates and end of season candidates.

After the next couple of weeks, if it looks like this team has given up as it appears they did yesterday, DJ is gone at the Bye and you call up those midseason candidates. If by chance, the Bills win most of their next few games (Jets being a major factor), you hang on to Dick until the end of the season. Do the same evaluation a couple of days after the season and replace Jauron at that point if the record and performance is not up to par.

That's what I would do if I was Ralph Wilson, so to answer your poll, "None of the Above".

Now if it was me, fire Jauron's ass if he loses against the Browns.

To be honest, if I were Wilson, I would NOT listen to the fans right now. I'd sit back and think carefully on the situation, realizing this cannot go on for much longer. Sit with Brandon and company discussing the situation over the next few days/weeks. Look at the results of the next couple of games in the meantime think of potential midseason candidates and end of season candidates.

After the next couple of weeks, if it looks like this team has given up as it appears they did yesterday, DJ is gone at the Bye and you call up those midseason candidates. If by chance, the Bills win most of their next few games (Jets being a major factor), you hang on to Dick until the end of the season. Do the same evaluation a couple of days after the season and replace Jauron at that point if the record and performance is not up to par.

That's what I would do if I was Ralph Wilson, so to answer your poll, "None of the Above".

I agree that quick knee jerk reaction probably wouldn't be the best move at this point, but to start with "Sitting with Brandon" is part of the problem. 9 out of 10 Bills fans that you ask are going to say DJ needs to go, but the only one that matters isn't going to pay two coaches for a couple years, since they just signed DJ to an extension. Most likely stoneface Jauron will still be there opening day 2010.

Wasn't it Marv who said "If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them"? This situation may be the exception to that rule, but while Ralph correctly shouldn't take his advice from the fans, he should realize what they're saying.

I think this is probably the best approach, with one exception...I'd have my mind made up right now that Jauron is gone by the bye week. No chance to evaluate him at the end of the season. There's no point in telling everyone you're going to evaluate, so bring out the hatchet now. I honestly can't see this team making the playoffs and you can clearly see the players have no confidence in the coaches.

If I was Ralph, I'd call in Jauron with Guy, Modrak, and Brandon and lay down the ultimatum....show some improvement before the bye week or the firings begin. I don't know how many midseason coaching candidates would be available outside of the organization, but if there isn't any improvement before the bye, replace Jauron with Bobby April on an interim basis.

A football guy needs to be brought in for the personnel decisions - players and coaches. Revamp the scouting (especially at the pro level) and start fresh...again. My feeling is that Ralph doesn't want to do that, but I don't see any other way around it.

Wasn't it Marv who said "If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them"? This situation may be the exception to that rule, but while Ralph correctly shouldn't take his advice from the fans, he should realize what they're saying.

I think this is probably the best approach, with one exception...I'd have my mind made up right now that Jauron is gone by the bye week. No chance to evaluate him at the end of the season. There's no point in telling everyone you're going to evaluate, so bring out the hatchet now. I honestly can't see this team making the playoffs and you can clearly see the players have no confidence in the coaches.

If I was Ralph, I'd call in Jauron with Guy, Modrak, and Brandon and lay down the ultimatum....show some improvement before the bye week or the firings begin. I don't know how many midseason coaching candidates would be available outside of the organization, but if there isn't any improvement before the bye, replace Jauron with Bobby April on an interim basis.

A football guy needs to be brought in for the personnel decisions - players and coaches. Revamp the scouting (especially at the pro level) and start fresh...again. My feeling is that Ralph doesn't want to do that, but I don't see any other way around it.

Maybe he should sit with the fans, and he might see how messed up this team is. His box is too high up and maybe he can't see it clearly from there.

If I were Wilson, I'd take another look at my financial statements and pat myself on the back for looking so good financially. After all, I didn't have to spend money on a real general manager, I just used my marketing geek. My scouts are so bad, I don't need to give them a raise for another decade. Hiring new scouts would cost money. My head coach tricked me into spending more money on him, but I'll show him. I'll keep him for his entire contract before hiring another nobody to replace him. I look real busy and I'm in the Hall of Fame. No one suspects that I had a stroke ten years ago which reduced me to the intelligence level of a fern. You know what, I could probably save more money by letting Bell go at LT. We've got way too much talent at that position. What's a left tackle? I'm sure there's someone from the Las Vegas UFL team that needs a minimum contract. I should tell Jauron to play Fitzgerald in place of Edwards. Wait a minute, I think Geraldo Rivera said something. What was that thing? Oh well. What's on Animal Planet?

:blink: