Stanford Trent Edwards vs Buffalo Trent Edwards

Brand J

Standford Trent Edwards......................................................Buffalo Trent Edwards

Games Started: 31/35............................................................Games Started: 27/28

38 TDs/33 Ints........................................................................23 TDs/23 Ints

Yds per Pass: 6.3....................................................................Yds per Pass: 6.7

Pct Passing: 56.3 (487/865)....................................................Pct Passing: 61.3 (466/760)

Most Yds in a game: 303 (AZ State '05)..................................Most Yds in a game: 289 (NYJ '08)

Avg Yds per game: 155.5........................................................Avg Yds per game: 182.8

Most Ints in a game: 3 (5 Times).............................................Most Ints in a game: 3 (3 Times)

Most TDs in a game: 4 (San Jose State '06)............................Most TDs in a game: 4 (MIA '07)

Sacks: 84 (1/10.3 dropbacks).................................................Sacks: 51 (1/14.9 dropbacks)

Overall Record in Games Started: 18-31 (36.73%).................Overall Record in Games Started: 13-14 (48.15%)

Trent Edwards "Highlights" #1

Stanford QB Trent Edwards "Highlights" #3

Seems to me, this is the EXACT same player that played for Stanford. Checkdowns instead of hitting WRs, no pocket awareness/movement, isn't used to winning/wanting the ball in his hands with the game on the line. In high school he had unreal numbers. Stanford may have ruined his development. He is what he is now and it's time to move on...

this might be the most insightful post I have read on this board. Thanks for the information. Well done!

It might take Edwards 2-3 years more to correct his flaws. We don't have that kind of time to invest in him and the risk is too great. As much as I hate to say it, this team needs to finish 3-13 or 4-12 and make the right quarterback selection next year. Bradford, Tebow, Mccoy, Claussen.....do as much scouting and research as you can and make sure you get the right guy!

Forgot to mention, his best year was 2005 (a Junior). In this year he went 5-6, had 17 TDs and 7 Ints, connected on 62.7% of his passes, had his only 300 yard game, averaged 175.8 yds/game, was sacked 30 times, and only surpassed 200 yds passing in 4 of the games. This is the guy we had hoped to be the savior part deux? He SUCKED at the COLLEGIATE LEVEL in his BEST season!!

KFFL Article - Trent Edwards

Standford Trent Edwards......................................................Buffalo Trent Edwards

Games Started: 31/35............................................................Games Started: 27/28

38 TDs/33 Ints........................................................................23 TDs/23 Ints

Yds per Pass: 6.3....................................................................Yds per Pass: 6.7

Pct Passing: 56.3 (487/865)....................................................Pct Passing: 61.3 (466/760)

Most Yds in a game: 303 (AZ State '05)..................................Most Yds in a game: 289 (NYJ '08)

Avg Yds per game: 155.5........................................................Avg Yds per game: 182.8

Most Ints in a game: 3 (5 Times).............................................Most Ints in a game: 3 (3 Times)

Most TDs in a game: 4 (San Jose State '06)............................Most TDs in a game: 4 (MIA '07)

Sacks: 84 (1/10.3 dropbacks).................................................Sacks: 51 (1/14.9 dropbacks)

Overall Record in Games Started: 18-31 (36.73%).................Overall Record in Games Started: 13-14 (48.15%)

Seems to me, this is the EXACT same player that played for Stanford. Checkdowns instead of hitting WRs, no pocket awareness/movement, isn't used to winning/wanting the ball in his hands with the game on the line. In high school he had unreal numbers. Stanford may have ruined his development. He is what he is now and it's time to move on...

I see you took my info on Trent at Stanford I told you about during the game and ran with it...nice..

Here is the funniest part, I have posted these very stats several times, but I always got flamed by the Trent apologists and most ignored them. I have been saying since last year, Trent was not a play maker in college and then people would come back with how much Bill Walsh thought of him. Well Bill Walsh also was so high JJ Stokes (calling him the next Jerry Rice) that he traded up to draft him...he was a bust. Point is, just becuase he liked him doesnt mean he was right. Great as Walsh was, he was still wrong plenty of times.

But when I showed those stats people said I hated Trent. The reason I showed those stats was to show that Trent was still living on his HIGH SCHOOL hype coming into the draft. The quality of the Stanford team was used as an excuse to validate his marginal play while there and it was assumed he still had all this potential based on what he displyaed PRE Stanford.

I will say it again, he never lived up to his potential at Stanford nor the NFL. One last point you left out too...in his last year at Stanford they LOST every single game EXCEPT for the ONE game Trent did NOT play in...hmmmmm

could it be because they ARE the same exact player

Stanford's coach must have really sucked...

The Bills scouting dept. has to get their act together.

What we are seeing now is the same player you saw at Stanford. A QB that is so used to bad O-lines the only thing he knows how to do is checkdown.

Its is bad coaching from the Bills. If you have a bad online why not roll him out more and limit his reads??

Once again this proves how bad this team is . Pity on us fans

I see you took my info on Trent at Stanford I told you about during the game and ran with it...nice..

Here is the funniest part, I have posted these very stats several times, but I always got flamed by the Trent apologists and most ignored them. I have been saying since last year, Trent was not a play maker in college and then people would come back with how much Bill Walsh thought of him. Well Bill Walsh also was so high JJ Stokes (calling him the next Jerry Rice) that he traded up to draft him...he was a bust. Point is, just becuase he liked him doesnt mean he was right. Great as Walsh was, he was still wrong plenty of times.

But when I showed those stats people said I hated Trent. The reason I showed those stats was to show that Trent was still living on his HIGH SCHOOL hype coming into the draft. The quality of the Stanford team was used as an excuse to validate his marginal play while there and it was assumed he still had all this potential based on what he displyaed PRE Stanford.

I will say it again, he never lived up to his potential at Stanford nor the NFL. One last point you left out too...in his last year at Stanford they LOST every single game EXCEPT for the ONE game Trent did NOT play in...hmmmmm

Yep Alpha... After you told me that he passed for 300 yards in only ONE game in college, I was in disbelief and decided to research him myself. When I compared the numbers, I was amazed. No progression what so ever. I have to believe that he threw down the field often in HS to compile the stats that he had, but that Stanford's OLine took away his chance to develop even further. He is and will always be now, a checkdown, slow decision making QB. With intensive coaching he may be able to salvage something, but for all intent and purposes, he's done...

Seriously, I have it on good authority that he used to checkdown in high school.