for those uninformed fans who thought Jason Peters was replaceable ...

Really?!?!?

Check the offensive ranks for the span of Peters' career. Then get back to me when you're ready to apologize for not seeing the !@#$ing obvious fact that WITH Jason Peters, we couldn't move the ball and WITHOUT Jason Peters we can't move the ball.

You are really spouting out ignorance, my Peters-hating friend. The fact is that the Bills have sucked under DJ and his idiot OC's. Under DJ, they have been worse then average every season, and Jason Peters just happened to be the only Pro Bowl caliber player on the offensive line, for a bad team. If they decide to improve, only the stupidest NFL managers decide to trade their one and only Pro Bowl player on the offensive line to do it. Just imagine this line with Peters, and a very servicable Langston Walker still manning the right side, same as last season, with the two kids and Hangartner playing inside. Now tell me that a rookie and a 50 year old defensive end like Wade and Taylor would have danced around Edwards like they did against the two bartenders the Bills were forced to line up.

Walker (at right tackle only) and Peters at his Pro Bowl left tackle spot, should have been left alone. But the Bills management got cheap and convinced haters like you that Peters was a "bad influence" and then decided that Walker had to be cut because he was not willing to sacrafice hard enough to play left tackle. Of course they saved a bunch of money by cutting Walker instead of at least keeping him on the team as a quality back up.

The Bills are laughing stocks of the NFL because they refuse to pay - pay for the right players, and pay for the right GM and Pro and College scouts to find those right players. Get back to me in January when Peters gets chosen to represent the NFC to his third consecutive Pro Bowl for the Eagles, who not only paid Peters the money he demanded, but also traded the Bills a first round draft pick for the rights to pay him what he wanted.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?!?!?

Check the offensive ranks for the span of Peters' career. Then get back to me when you're ready to apologize for not seeing the !@#$ing obvious fact that WITH Jason Peters, we couldn't move the ball and WITHOUT Jason Peters we can't move the ball.

Going into todays game, the Bills offense was ranked 6 or 7 positions higher than it was last year, and our O-Line really sucks this year, so it doesn't same much about last years O-Line with Fat Asss Peters on it.

He cost too much for this franchise. His trade was a salary dump, and the consequence of that move has and will continue to make that move pay. Demetrius Bell isn't ready, and will continue to struggle.

Add LT to the need list for Draft Weekend 2010.

BTW, who trades good young LT's?

When has he struggled. WOOD WOOD WOOD

NO TRADE NO WOOD

Going into todays game, the Bills offense was ranked 6 or 7 positions higher than it was last year, and our O-Line really sucks this year, so it doesn't same much about last years O-Line with Fat Asss Peters on it.

My point exactly. We got two young, athletic guards to anchor the interior of the line and got rid of a guy who sat out an entire preseason BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY IN BUFFALO. And we made the offense better (marginally) to boot? How is that not a good thing?

And you realise that the guy that is replacing him didn't play this week due to being injured. Blame not having him all you want, but theres more problems to the offence then the LT spot

Right, and getting rid of a starting two time pro bowl LT has no effect on depth....

I think the Bills rightfully were worried about paying a historically lazy player 10M per year as he admitted and they knew he played for money and admitted he lost concentration last year thinking about a contract.....B Bellichick would release a player like that in an instant. However, Peters was/is a good to very good player depending on his attitude. Paying a guy with that type of attitude is scary as I can see him in a year and a half just lazy and unmotivated and then swallowing 30M of a contract......I think that was the problem. They had no problem paying big money to Evans or some players who dmeonstrate professionalism. I owlud have liked JP to stay but he would not have played as well for us....certianly better than whatr he had today. When he played motivated like two-three years ago he was a lot better....that's the problem, you just don't know what you will get from him. Too bad as he has a lot of talent
The point is the Bills encouraged him to be lazy. He asked to discuss an extension after his first pro bowl season, and the reply from Bills management was essentially "No, we won't even discuss it." Peters is easily the most talented LT to ever wear a Bills uniform. It's not even close. Brandon handled the situation like a cheap businessman who doesn't know jack about football.

NO TRADE NO WOOD

Wood lost some snaps today to Seth McKinney. Just saying.

And I'm well aware Buffalo acquired an additional 1st by trading Peters. Levitre has been decent in the middle, though not outstanding. I'm talking about a Peters-Levitre-Hangartner-Butler-Walker line. That is, if Walker was up to playing RT. Reports suggested his play regressed since 08 ended.

Bell was a 2 year project when drafted. It's been one year and he's committed 6 penalties in 2.5 games. Good LT's don't get whistled that often.

Bell was doing a decent enough job untill he went down. 3 weeks down a row and we havent had a single game where we started with the same tackles as the week before.

It's not about Peters, if Peters would have gone down it would have been the same it is now.

So, yes Peters was replaceable.

Letting Walker go, that is turning out as a mistake, not Peters.

NO TRADE NO WOOD

Keep Peters, draft Wood instead of the invisible Maybin at 11, draft Levitre in the 2nd, keep Walker.

Peters, Wood, Hangartner, Butler, Walker. Toss out the moronic no-huddle offense.

That would be a great improvement over the last year. As for Peters, he's protecting a QB who threw for 300 yards in his first 2 games as a starter. I'm sure he had nothing to do with that, though.

Of course that would require a GM who could renegotiate two contracts at one time, and an owner who understood that you build your offensive line off the LT, and when you've only had two decent LTs over the last 30 years, maybe shelling out a couple of extra bucks for a guy with pro bowl potential, it makes sense to spend the money.

Bell was doing a decent enough job untill he went down. 3 weeks down a row and we havent had a single game where we started with the same tackles as the week before.

It's not about Peters, if Peters would have gone down it would have been the same it is now.

So, yes Peters was replaceable.

Letting Walker go, that is turning out as a mistake, not Peters.

Bell's penalties and missed assignments hurt the Bills against the Pats almost as much as McKelvin's fumble, and the stupid cover two defensive calls on Watson's TDs.

Considering that the Bills are 1 for the decade against the Pats, and they were on an 0-7 (now 0-8) skid against the AFC East, Bell was a huge liability.

Excellent post.

I think the Bills rightfully were worried about paying a historically lazy player 10M per year as he admitted and they knew he played for money and admitted he lost concentration last year thinking about a contract.....B Bellichick would release a player like that in an instant. However, Peters was/is a good to very good player depending on his attitude. Paying a guy with that type of attitude is scary as I can see him in a year and a half just lazy and unmotivated and then swallowing 30M of a contract......I think that was the problem. They had no problem paying big money to Evans or some players who dmeonstrate professionalism. I owlud have liked JP to stay but he would not have played as well for us....certianly better than whatr he had today. When he played motivated like two-three years ago he was a lot better....that's the problem, you just don't know what you will get from him. Too bad as he has a lot of talent

Peters was replaceable and the guy was on the board when the Bills picked but the geniuses running the team decided to draft a DE that will never be an every down player

I agree. Peters is a talented LT but he didn't want to be in Buffalo. The Bills got it half right by trading for picks. Why they didn't draft an LT in the first round of this year's draft - I have no freakin clue. Why they thought Walker could be the LT - I have no freakin clue. Why they didn't keep Walker at RT- I have no freakin clue. The front office and coaching staff create so many of their own problems. Throw in injuries to Butler and Bell and the O line is a mess. Now Trent is struggling and we don't have a legit backup QB to see if he can get it going.

Stiffening the interior of the line with the (promising) rookies surrounding Hangartner was the right call, but expecting them to play like veterans in year 1 was a huge risk that Jauron, marketing whiz Brandon, and company took. And expecting that Peters was fully replaceable was another huge risk.

The risks will ultimately cost Jauron his job. And then the marketing whiz who runs football operations will bring in a new coach.