for those uninformed fans who thought Jason Peters was replaceable ...

He cost too much for this franchise. His trade was a salary dump, and the consequence of that move has and will continue to make that move pay. Demetrius Bell isn't ready, and will continue to struggle.

Add LT to the need list for Draft Weekend 2010.

BTW, who trades good young LT's?

Again...I think Ralph's the biggest cheapskate to ever own an NFL franchise, including Mike Brown. But Jason Peters did NOTHING to make this offense any better. NOTHING.

Were they better last year than they are now? No, they were not. They were a steaming soft pile last year, and they're a steaming soft pile THIS year, just like they have been in, oh, about, FOREVER.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense sucked for the entirety of Jason Peters' career here. It never got better with him in there. So why in the name of all that is good and holy should the Bills have caved in to his SECOND demand for a pay raise?

It's easy to take the moral high ground as a fan and say "don't cave," but the simple fact of the matter is that the guy is a real talent who has shown he can compete at the highest level. The Bills make good money, so I don't have any problem with them spending more to keep good players. The Bills disagreed, and the Eagles are the fortunate recipients of that decision.

Again...I think Ralph's the biggest cheapskate to ever own an NFL franchise, including Mike Brown. But Jason Peters did NOTHING to make this offense any better. NOTHING.

Were they better last year than they are now? No, they were not. They were a steaming soft pile last year, and they're a steaming soft pile THIS year, just like they have been in, oh, about, FOREVER.

Let's believe for a moment that Peters re-signed with Buffalo. That move by itself, while costing a lot, would have prevented the Bills from completely blowing up the OL. You know, moving Walker (brilliantly, I might add) to LT, and then needing 2 guards because they moved Butler and cut Dockery.

Don't analyze the move as one player leaving the team. See it from the OL as a whole.

And for the record (with a nod to Sisyphean) does anyone believe Brandon alone made the decision not to offer Peters what Philly did?

I think we agree more than we disagree, but I think it's worth remembering that the LT is an important piece of a larger puzzle. He doesn't solve all problems, but if you get rid of a good one with a backassward replacement plan, you're going to be worse. Btw, it does appear that the Bills offense is significantly worse than last year, despite signing up one of the ten most productive receivers in history. The offensive tackle situation for the Bills right now is as bad as it's ever been in team history. And that's saying a lot.

Let's believe for a moment that Peters re-signed with Buffalo. That move by itself, while costing a lot, would have prevented the Bills from completely blowing up the OL. You know, moving Walker (brilliantly, I might add) to LT, and then needing 2 guards because they moved Butler and cut Dockery.

Don't analyze the move as one player leaving the team. See it from the OL as a whole.

And for the record (with a nod to Sisyphean) does anyone believe Brandon alone made the decision not to offer Peters what Philly did?

Well, duh, Ralphie had something to do with it. He has something to do with everything. He's a meddler. And when you're 954 years old, being a meddler isn't a good thing.

I don't actually believe that (and you know I don't). But, I thought I'd toss his name in the hat because I read a post this morning slobknobbing his great work so far... :w00t:

Jason Peters did NOTHING to improve this team? You are an idiot...plain and simple.

Jason Peters did NOTHING to improve this team? You are an idiot...plain and simple.

Really?!?!?

Check the offensive ranks for the span of Peters' career. Then get back to me when you're ready to apologize for not seeing the !@#$ing obvious fact that WITH Jason Peters, we couldn't move the ball and WITHOUT Jason Peters we can't move the ball.

Peters was replaceable and the guy was on the board when the Bills picked but the geniuses running the team decided to draft a DE that will never be an every down player

Peters was not replaceable, because he never should have needed to be replaced, just paid. And I truly believe that Aaron Maybin will be an every down player, immediately after he starts playing for an NFL caliber DC who is willing to find ways to get the kid on the field and take advantage of his speed and football talent, instead of demanding the kid "fit into his system". Does anyone think that Maybin could play any worse then Ellison as an OLB if simply given a chance???

Well, duh, Ralphie had something to do with it. He has something to do with everything. He's a meddler. And when you're 954 years old, being a meddler isn't a good thing.

And you feel comfortable with him making decisions, like keeping a coach who'd have been fired by at least another 31 other franchises? Or trading the best player on the OL.

How many franchises feature owners that make personnel moves? This is RW's team, RW's coach, and RW's failure.

And you feel comfortable with him making decisions, like keeping a coach who'd have been fired by at least another 31 other franchises? Or trading the best player on the OL.

How many franchises feature owners that make personnel moves? This is RW's team, RW's coach, and RW's failure.

Take a look at my post history. I've been wishing Ralphie boy would keel over for something like 5 years now.

I don't actually believe that (and you know I don't). But, I thought I'd toss his name in the hat because I read a post this morning slobknobbing his great work so far... :w00t:

Where is C. Biscuit to ask what RB has done wrong? Man is that a loaded question. He doesn't handle personnel and RW makes those big moves.

'nuff said. I'm not saying this to excuse the play of Edwards, btw, who was indeed horrible.

His replacement was not in there today so that statement doesn't even matter. I do wish we kept Lankston walker. but without trading Peters we don,t have Wood NUFF SAID

I think the Bills rightfully were worried about paying a historically lazy player 10M per year as he admitted and they knew he played for money and admitted he lost concentration last year thinking about a contract.....B Bellichick would release a player like that in an instant. However, Peters was/is a good to very good player depending on his attitude. Paying a guy with that type of attitude is scary as I can see him in a year and a half just lazy and unmotivated and then swallowing 30M of a contract......I think that was the problem. They had no problem paying big money to Evans or some players who dmeonstrate professionalism. I owlud have liked JP to stay but he would not have played as well for us....certianly better than whatr he had today. When he played motivated like two-three years ago he was a lot better....that's the problem, you just don't know what you will get from him. Too bad as he has a lot of talent

Peters was not replaceable, because he never should have needed to be replaced, just paid. And I truly believe that Aaron Maybin will be an every down player, immediately after he starts playing for an NFL caliber DC who is willing to find ways to get the kid on the field and take advantage of his speed and football talent, instead of demanding the kid "fit into his system". Does anyone think that Maybin could play any worse then Ellison as an OLB if simply given a chance???

Ellison was third in the league in tackles this morning our problem on D was we did not keep pressure on a first time starter we should have blitzed more

Take a look at my post history. I've been wishing Ralphie boy would keel over for something like 5 years now.

I believe you, although I don't wish for the demise of the owner. The frustration is we either have a bad team or no team. And we invariably take the bad product for fear of no product.

I believe you, although I don't wish for the demise of the owner. The frustration is we either have a bad team or no team. And we invariably take the bad product for fear of no product.

Not me. I'd rather have NO team in Buffalo than a perennial 4-12 to 7-9 club.

Astounding. I don't know how Brandon did such a successful sales job on the fanbase.

Brandon didn't sell me shiit, just because I am a Bills fan, I don't look at everything with regards to this team with horse blinders and rose colored glasses. Anyone who can look at it unbiased, would agree that he was overrated and lazy, it is a no-brainer-that is if you have a brain.

I think the larger point is that the Bills keep letting good players go, and the fans shout "don't let the door hit you in the ass" when they leave because they think the players are moneygrubbers who aren't that good (see Clements, Nate; Winfield, Antoine; and now Peters, Jason). Moreover, they think they're replaceable with bottomshelf talent (Bell, Demetrius).

Bell will be just as good and wood is well worth the 1st we got for peters