TO vs Rodney Harrison

AF88Bills

It's kind of funny that you focus on the form of delivery of TO's message, but not its substance. It's an undeniable fact that Harrison took HGH, a banned substance. (The only way he was caught was through sending it to his home address, BTW, so perhaps other aging Pats* vets weren't so stupid over the years--just a thought, or a suspicion on mine and others' part.) It's also pretty undeniable that he was a cheap shot artist par excellence. The voting most years for dirtiest player was something like 23% for Rodney and the next highest guy had 7% (those were the actual numbers one year). How someone with that background has ANY business criticizing someone else for ANYTHING is beyond me. I never understood this hire from the day it was made--just goes to show perhaps the pull that Kraft has around the League and with the networks to get his (tainted) guy in. I know, why doesn't ESPN bring back Pete Rose to comment on baseball......

That's just the good doc for you. He defends everything when it comes to the Patriots, even when it defies reason.

It's kind of funny that you focus on the form of delivery of TO's message, but not its substance. It's an undeniable fact that Harrison took HGH, a banned substance. (The only way he was caught was through sending it to his home address, BTW, so perhaps other aging Pats* vets weren't so stupid over the years--just a thought, or a suspicion on mine and others' part.) It's also pretty undeniable that he was a cheap shot artist par excellence. The voting most years for dirtiest player was something like 23% for Rodney and the next highest guy had 7% (those were the actual numbers one year). How someone with that background has ANY business criticizing someone else for ANYTHING is beyond me. I never understood this hire from the day it was made--just goes to show perhaps the pull that Kraft has around the League and with the networks to get his (tainted) guy in. I know, why doesn't ESPN bring back Pete Rose to comment on baseball......

Actually, if you were to read my posts, you would have seen that I did, indeed, "focus" on the incredibly lame "substance" of TO's tweets. Others, you would have noticed, made the same comment.

How this equates to "defending" Harrison's undisputed use of HGH and reputation as a cheap-shot artist---only guys with minds like you (and the doc) can make this stretch.....(goes under the category: "if you have nothing clever to say..").

My guess is that Harrison is being paid to voice his opinions---look it has all of us all "atwitter" over them, so it's a success, no? You guys can understand this.

No?

eh.

Because TO repeatedly accuses Harrison of taking "steroids" (it was HGH)?

Fail Biology much?

In the strictest sense, Steroids are types of hormones. HGH is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland that promotes the growth of skeletal muscles and bones in much the same way that synthesized anabolic steroids do. HGH just does it without the nasty side effects. Therefore, it's not an entirely inaccurate statement.

Fail Biology much?

Wow. So HGH helps grow muscle and bone? So does thyroid hormone. That's not a banned substance.

HGH mainly functions as the body is growing from childhood. As a PED, there is not much scientific evidence that it does anything to enhance performance, other than perhaps as an aid in healing. It has "antiaging" benefits that have been described. We all may be taking it in 30 years.

Anabolic steroids, on the other hand, have a very obvious performance enhancing function.

Thanks for your lesson, though. It was quite revealing.

Wow. So HGH helps grow muscle and bone? So does thyroid hormone. That's not a banned substance.

HGH mainly functions as the body is growing from childhood. As a PED, there is not much scientific evidence that it does anything to enhance performance, other than perhaps as an aid in healing. It has "antiaging" benefits that have been described. We all may be taking it in 30 years.

Anabolic steroids, on the other hand, have a very obvious performance enhancing function.

Thanks for your lesson, though. It was quite revealing.

You're welcome.

:wallbash:

I guess he should have lied and said he loved the way the offense played. Or maybe not said a word. Yeah, that would have gone over REAL well. :thumbsup:

So instead he just gives short answers and while trying desperatly not to trip up and say what he really wants too. If he is going to lie, atleast do a better job at it. His attitude and comments just made him look like he is trying to say the right things while covering for how he really feels. Just watch his attitude on the field. He almost never comes back to the rest of the team before the snap, takes a half hearted approach when he lines up, and looks like he is just going through the motions when he knows he isn't getting the ball. Even my friend who is a Cowboys fan and sat next to me during the game would sit there and point out T.O before a play and say that you can tell when he is getting the ball and when he isn't. He is putting in more of an effort on twitter getting into arguments then he does on the field

So instead he just gives short answers and while trying desperatly not to trip up and say what he really wants too. If he is going to lie, atleast do a better job at it. His attitude and comments just made him look like he is trying to say the right things while covering for how he really feels. Just watch his attitude on the field. He almost never comes back to the rest of the team before the snap, takes a half hearted approach when he lines up, and looks like he is just going through the motions when he knows he isn't getting the ball. Even my friend who is a Cowboys fan and sat next to me during the game would sit there and point out T.O before a play and say that you can tell when he is getting the ball and when he isn't. He is putting in more of an effort on twitter getting into arguments then he does on the field

Put yourself in the same situation and tell me what you could possibly say that would be constructive at a post game news conference. Are you going to throw your QB or coaches under the bus? The media was practically putting words into this guys mouth to try to get him to blow up. I give TO credit because if I were up there, I would have probably not been so kind. He has caught a pass in every game he has played since his rookie season, so how the @#%& do you think he feels. The NFL should not be able to dictate that players talk to the media, especially in light of how some members of the media behave.

Wow, what a jerk! He gave short answers to provocative questions instead of saying what he really felt. :lol:

And did your Cowboys friend watch the game last night and notice how many times the MNF announcers mentioned TO when Dallas had the ball? Especially in reference to how much Romo misses TO...on the field?

Harrison sadly is right, TO is a clown and he gets by on his antics. If he put half the effort into his on field play as he does with his "twittering" and his reality show, the Bills offence might look like an NFL offence

The guy is just going through the motions, you can tell by his attitude on the field and his press conferences after. I realise he doesn't want to say things that are going to make headlines, but the answers he was giving yesterday are enough to show what he is really thinking, and thats that he is not happy here now, but he doesn't want to show it

Yep...TO's effort is what's bringing this offense down...

As for his press conference, who cares...if he woulda answered any of those questions honestly, and with answers we would probably all agree with, he would be plastered all over every sports media outlet as a malcontent....stirring the pot as usual.

Wow, what a jerk! He gave short answers to provocative questions instead of saying what he really felt. :lol:

And did your Cowboys friend watch the game last night and notice how many times the MNF announcers mentioned TO when Dallas had the ball? Especially in reference to how much Romo misses TO...on the field?

It was sad seeing all those highlights of TO making plays for the cowboys...and to think that he's only a decoy playing for the Bills.