No more excuses for Edwards

BuffaloPride

Last year his excuse for not hitting Evans was because he was getting double teamed by opposing defenses. Whats his excuse this year? The Saints put eight men on the line of scrimmage? Boo hoo. A good quarterback will make you pay in that situation by taking a three step drop and getting rid of the ball. It has become painfully obvious that Edwards is incapable of making quick decisions. Teams will continue to crowd the line of scrimmage because he's gunshy. The play that really did it for me yeasterday was on the opening drive of the second half. It was 3rd and 16. The Saints blitzed. Edwards did a good job of avoiding the pressure by rolling to his right, but as he was doing it he never even looked at his recievers. He locked on to Derek Fine and tossed a 3 yard pass. Before the play was even over Edwards was walking to the sideline. At that point the fans in my section were screaming for him to be benched. The honeymoon is over. It's time for Edwards to go and he can take Limp Dick Juron with him.

I'm done with Edwards and Jauron. Sure, you can say if TO or whoever catches this or that pass Edwards would have had a good game. But you can't depend on one play to make or break a good game for a QB. He simply dosen't have any down the field vision whatsoever. What is even more frustrating is that not a single QB that is gonna be available from the draft looks like they will be a good to great pro IMO. Go for OT, DT and LB in the draft and pray we find a QB in free agency, which isn't very likely either!!! :wallbash:B-):wub:

Last year his excuse for not hitting Evans was because he was getting double teamed by opposing defenses. Whats his excuse this year? The Saints put eight men on the line of scrimmage? Boo hoo. A good quarterback will make you pay in that situation by taking a three step drop and getting rid of the ball. It has become painfully obvious that Edwards is incapable of making quick decisions. Teams will continue to crowd the line of scrimmage because he's gunshy. The play that really did it for me yeasterday was on the opening drive of the second half. It was 3rd and 16. The Saints blitzed. Edwards did a good job of avoiding the pressure by rolling to his right, but as he was doing it he never even looked at his recievers. He locked on to Derek Fine and tossed a 3 yard pass. Before the play was even over Edwards was walking to the sideline. At that point the fans in my section were screaming for him to be benched. The honeymoon is over. It's time for Edwards to go and he can take Limp Dick Juron with him.

Trent's got his issues, that's for sure. But you make it sound like a 3rd and 16 is no problem. Oh, I understand the feeling like he's got to at least ATTEMPT to get the yards. I can also understand if he's NOT confident (and that's his BIGGEST issue) then he's much more apt to throw an INT deep in his own territory in that situation. TE just doesn't play with confidence. I'm not sure, at this point, that will ever change, given what we've seen. And a QB without confidence is no QB at all.

When you get a chance, research what the success rate is on 3rd and 16 for ALL QBs and teams. I bet it's interesting. And VERY low.

There's a reason why offenses HAVE to stay in manageable down/distance situations.

GO BILLS!!!

Guest dog14787
I've noticed this year he's been awful outside the pocket. Like, abnormally bad.

As he's running for his life you mean, as the whole O-line is getting blown off the line of scrimmage. :wallbash:

As he's running for his life you mean, as the whole O-line is getting blown off the line of scrimmage. :wallbash:

something like that. Not defending Edwards, but the O-Line did not have a good game. You have to expect that once in a while with a very young line. They will get better but will also have some bad games.

Trent's got his issues, that's for sure. But you make it sound like a 3rd and 16 is no problem. Oh, I understand the feeling like he's got to at least ATTEMPT to get the yards. I can also understand if he's NOT confident (and that's his BIGGEST issue) then he's much more apt to throw an INT deep in his own territory in that situation. TE just doesn't play with confidence. I'm not sure, at this point, that will ever change, given what we've seen. And a QB without confidence is no QB at all.

When you get a chance, research what the success rate is on 3rd and 16 for ALL QBs and teams. I bet it's interesting. And VERY low.

There's a reason why offenses HAVE to stay in manageable down/distance situations.

GO BILLS!!!

3rd and 16 is tough to over come. I bet those other QBs at least TRY to convert instead of a check down that goes for 3 yards. What a joke.

Yep those plays! It's a rare QB that never has to move outside the pocket. It happens deal with it. Too bad we don't have a veteran QB that can handle that sort of thing like a Mark Sanchez.

Yep those plays! It's a rare QB that never has to move outside the pocket. It happens deal with it. Too bad we don't have a veteran QB that can handle that sort of thing like a Mark Sanchez.

lol...great point

Trent is at best a game manager. He doesnt have the guts, moxy, or balls to move the chains in this league. He is the most conservative player in football.

Just watching Sanchez, you can instantly see the difference of a young QB with the swagger and confidence to make all the throws. Sanchez is going to be a very good QB in this league, and I said so before the draft that he will be the best QB to come out of this draft.

While the Oline had a bad game, the QB still has to make a play here or there. Sure, there's only one Ben Rothlesburger, but he has to deal with yesterdays kind of line play EVERY game. There were plays to be made yesterday, and while nobody expects for a QB to capitalize on all of em', the QB still has to be able to make the D pay on at least a few of em'.

I was amazed yesterday at how quickly the Saints got pressure on Edwards with only a 4-man rush. At first i thought they were blitzing on every play, and then I would rewind the DVR to see just a standard rush blowing by the O-line. Trent would rarely be able to get off a long ball to TO or Evans in that kind of heat. That being said, Trent has to be better than that. His decision making is all too passive and safe. He really is scared to let his WR's make a play. The very good QB's always put the ball in there in tight coverage and let their WR's make the plays. We need Nelson to turn into Dallas Clark or something. If Edwards checks down to the tight end so often, we might as well have a really good one. Fine just doesn't impress me.

lol...great point

Trent is at best a game manager. He doesnt have the guts, moxy, or balls to move the chains in this league. He is the most conservative player in football.

Just watching Sanchez, you can instantly see the difference of a young QB with the swagger and confidence to make all the throws. Sanchez is going to be a very good QB in this league, and I said so before the draft that he will be the best QB to come out of this draft.

MAN I hate to say it but Sanchez looks like the ****. You could tell from game 1 he had "IT". It's only 3 games but this kid plays with balls, confidence, a wide open lets play to win attitude. A friend of mine is a Jets fan and I DON'T look forward to hearing about this kid for the next 10 years while we are still looking for a competent ball launcher.

Not defending Trent entirely BUT... How many damn snaps did he have to pick up off the turf. I mean, the long snaps for shotgun formation were TERRIBLE!!!!

It was laughable. Your right. Trent needed hands on his ankles to take some of those snaps.

Amongst all of the bashing of Trent and Jauron which in my opinion is veiled Trent apologist support, something occurred to me. Many were complaining about some of the calls as far as when we decided to punt. Not going for it on a 4th and 1 etc.

Perhaps, just perhaps Jauron isn't a stupid as some thing and he knows he has a QB with a confidence crisis on his hands.

Perhaps he did give up on the game and took no risk as he didn't want to risk further damage to and the embaressment of Edwards and to an extent perhaps the o-line?

Hangartner couldn't snap the ball in the second half well. Wasn't he injured and limited in practice all week? Perhaps Jauron just knew we weren't up to the task and wanted to get us out of there?

Who knows? Just something to think about I guess.

Amongst all of the bashing of Trent and Jauron which in my opinion is veiled Trent apologist support, something occurred to me. Many were complaining about some of the calls as far as when we decided to punt. Not going for it on a 4th and 1 etc.

Perhaps, just perhaps Jauron isn't a stupid as some thing and he knows he has a QB with a confidence crisis on his hands.

Perhaps he did give up on the game and took no risk as he didn't want to risk further damage to and the embaressment of Edwards and to an extent perhaps the o-line?

Hangartner couldn't snap the ball in the second half well. Wasn't he injured and limited in practice all week? Perhaps Jauron just knew we weren't up to the task and wanted to get us out of there?

Who knows? Just something to think about I guess.

IEatCrayonz, is that you?