All this negativity….

LGB

My guess is if DJ gets canned Bobby April takes over until the season is finished.(April goes 7-9)

Being as we continue to take our failing coaching staff and hiring from within, who knows, maybe Bobby April stays HC for 3 more years of 7-9 :angry:

So hey, don't worry, be happy, our marketing Director/ GM has it covered. :unsure:

lmao...you have said in other posts how April should be HC, now you mock him as a HC...priceless.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 years without a playoff appearance. 13 years without a playoff win.

Some of the most debilitating losses in team history since 2006. HC who has no guts. HC, as Jerry Sullivan points out, is 2-21 against winning teams since 2006.

If you'd like to be optimistic, keep living in fantasy world. Nothing has changed.

2-21 against winning teams...hmmm, who was the starting QB during most that stretch? Could it be he wasnt good enough to get us wins as the starting QB? I only ask because in almost every one of those 21 losses our team was in position to win late in the game, but our combo of JP and Trent played so badly in those losses we couldnt pull it out.

That being said, we need a change at HC too, but our QB (both trent and JP) have literally been as big of a factor, if not bigger, in almost all those losses.

I agree that we were supposed to lose to N.O. but there is that obligatory home game where TE forgets he's not a rookie anymore and we give one away. That's what all the optimists forget.

I bleed red and blue. I still have the popcorn ready. I just hope our offense can learn from this loss and go Beastmode on the dolphins.

Why is everyone so negative on this board? After all, it is only the third game and we have the hapless fins next. Wait, right after that is the equally inept Cleveland Browns. We should be 3-3 going into the Jets game and with a win over Houston and Carolina, could end up at 5-4 by week 9 (DJ keeps his job through the bye week).

Then another win over Miami and another roll over KC (the Bills actually throw the ball down the field and score 52 points again) and Voila – out comes another 7-9 season. So you see? There is no reason to be negative. 7-9 has been good enough for three years and has not affected tickets sales and we are not the Detroit Lions (yet). So lighten up, keep the faith and hope that you see a playoff birth in your lifetime or before the moving vans pull up to one Bills Drive.

Sep 14 @New England Lost 24-25

Sep 20 Tampa Bay Won 33-20

Sep 27 New Orleans Lost 7-27

Oct 4 @Miami 4:05pm

Oct 11 Cleveland 1:00pm

Oct 18 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm

Oct 25 @Carolina 4:05pm

Nov 1 Houston 1:00pm

Week 9 BYE

Nov 15 @Tennessee 1:00pm

Nov 22 @Jacksonville 1:00pm

Nov 29 Miami 1:00pm

Dec 3 @N.Y. Jets (Canada) 8:20pm

Dec 13 @Kansas City 1:00pm

Dec 20 New England 1:00pm

Dec 27 @Atlanta 1:00pm

Jan 3 Indianapolis 1:00pm

at this point, i will take a 7-9 season. of course woudlnt mind 14-2 :unsure:

2-21 against winning teams...hmmm, who was the starting QB during most that stretch? Could it be he wasnt good enough to get us wins as the starting QB? I only ask because in almost every one of those 21 losses our team was in position to win late in the game, but our combo of JP and Trent played so badly in those losses we couldnt pull it out.

That being said, we need a change at HC too, but our QB (both trent and JP) have literally been as big of a factor, if not bigger, in almost all those losses.

I understand the whole QB situation and there isn't always a Mark Sanchez available when it is your turn to draft - so after the Bledsoe stop-gap -- and misfire on JP, the Bills, like every other team, took what they thought was their best shot at a player that they needed -- and for QB, selected Trent Edwards (remember Bill Walsh recommended?). Not sure how many times TE has been put on the ground hard, but between college and the Bills, he is probably only a couple more Pat La Fontaine type hits away from post-concussion problems.

Anyway, you have to wonder why we are where we are and I agree that the coaching staff has not done us any favors, but probably the biggest thing is not having a really good GM in the mold of a Bill Polian who said in his first press conference as Bills GM, "I know the NFL well, I know its players, I think I'm prepared for the job." Well, he went on to win NFL's Executive of the Year award 5 times (1988, 1991, 1995, 1996, and 1999) and built the Superbowl winning and perennial powerhouse Indy Colts.

Russ Brandon on the other hand, is an advertising guy from John Fisher College who has proved he is good at marketing tickets, but knows little about football personnel or putting a competitive football team on the field.

Why is everyone so negative on this board? After all, it is only the third game and we have the hapless fins next. Wait, right after that is the equally inept Cleveland Browns. We should be 3-3 going into the Jets game and with a win over Houston and Carolina, could end up at 5-4 by week 9 (DJ keeps his job through the bye week).

Then another win over Miami and another roll over KC (the Bills actually throw the ball down the field and score 52 points again) and Voila – out comes another 7-9 season. So you see? There is no reason to be negative. 7-9 has been good enough for three years and has not affected tickets sales and we are not the Detroit Lions (yet). So lighten up, keep the faith and hope that you see a playoff birth in your lifetime or before the moving vans pull up to one Bills Drive.

Week 9 BYE

Why is so one negative? Do you really need an answer to that question. Take a look at the previous 9 seasons plus the 1st 3 games of this season and you'll have a pretty good reason why most fans are disgusted with what's going on

5-11 looks like a stretch at this point. The talent level on this team is exactly what the money spent has afforded us. I have been reduced to waiting out the last days of this team in WNY. I LOVE this team, but its hard to even be remotely excited about a team that didn't make a coaching change after last years collapse. Can you blame me, or anyone else on this board who feels empty about the prospect of a winning season in the foreseeable future?

Its a lot easier to move a team that has been performing miserably for the last 10 years. SURE, lets blame it on the "viability" of the team in Buffalo.... give me a fu-ckin break... its time to blame the listless owner, they sell more than enough merchandise, and season tickets, plus the revenue sharing for this team to compete anywhere in the US. Good coaching, good scouting, good game plan... thats how you win in the NFL, not selling luxury seats to a bunch of corporations....

I don't blame you at all. I again wasted my money on this DREK. I will finally learn my lesson if Moron is kept or Ralphie poo goes the cheap route on a coach once again which he will cause his wallet and his ego won't allow a big name/proven winner in hear. The owner just doesn't care about us or winning at all. It is so painfully obvious.

Week 9 BYE

you're actually saying we are 3-3 playing the Jets. A team that hasn't beat a division opponent in god knows how long, and you think we've already beaten Miami...not to mention we've been bested by Cleveland in the past as well. The old saying don't count your chickens beore they've hatched has never wandered down your street.

I understand the schedule is favorable in the next two weeks but come on, offensively we suck and can we stop Miami's running game, especially now that we know they'll have to run without their starting QB? Not sure i believe this weeks game is a gimme.

I don't even know why I get mad anymore...... THEY'RE THE BILLS!!! Whatever happens, I hope its soon.

Don't get mad. It is a game and our team stinks. I used to get mad but have come to accept RW for what he is - a bad owner that somehow made the Hall of Fame. A Bills loss used to linger with me for a few days after the game. Now, after 9 plus years of losing, a loss lingers for maybe an hour if that. I have adopted a second team but the Bills are still first.

Week 9 BYE

What scares me about your projection is that you have the Bills winning 4 out of the next 5 games. If that happens, Wilson will probably give Jauron an extension to his contract!

What scares me about your projection is that you have the Bills winning 4 out of the next 5 games. If that happens, Wilson will probably give Jauron an extension to his contract!

You are right...that is scary, but whether we win twice over Miami or not, with Lynch back, I think the defense will be good enough to help out the offense along to win 7 games...okay, maybe 6 games.

So if we go 7-9 again, who will be coaching the Bills next year and will Brandon still be GM?

you're actually saying we are 3-3 playing the Jets. A team that hasn't beat a division opponent in god knows how long, and you think we've already beaten Miami...not to mention we've been bested by Cleveland in the past as well. The old saying don't count your chickens beore they've hatched has never wandered down your street.

I understand the schedule is favorable in the next two weeks but come on, offensively we suck and can we stop Miami's running game, especially now that we know they'll have to run without their starting QB? Not sure i believe this weeks game is a gimme.

No gimme, but Lynch will be back and will be coming full steam. I really think that the Bills should be able to grind it on the ground which will help the defense. The hurry-up is fine - if you're scoring points. Going three and out does not help any defense, but then to do it in fast-mode only makes things worse -- almost like as soon as the offense gets the ball, they commit a turnover - with no rest for the D.

A QB has never won or lost a game by himself. 2-21 against winning teams? They have blown more games that they should have won against winning teams than they actually ended up winning. It is getting old the lack of football knowledge on this board with so many people blaming the futility of the Bills over the past decade on Losman, Edwards, Bledsoe or any other QB. So when the Bills lost games in the 90's was it all Jim Kelly's fault? I hardly think so. This team has been the epitome of a bad team over the past decade, bad teams not bad quarterbacks. You could put Joe Montana on this team over the past decade and he might have one or two more wins if that. The team, management and coaching as a whole has sucked for years.