Bottom line....

sven233

Ok guys..... I am still way too frustrated to be sitting here and expressing my feelings about this game. However, there are 2 things that were perfectly clear in this game that basically will not allow us to take the next step as a franchise. Sure, there are others, but these 2 things are very obvious and the most crucial to the success of this franchise:

1. We will never win anything with Jauron as our head coach. DUH! I know, we all know this one. We have seen it time and time again, but his coaching decisions in this game were absolutely awful. 4th and 1....down 2 scores with about 7 minutes left. PUNT. That was the moment of the game you either give yourself a chance or you take yourself out of the game. Fact is that punting there takes you out of the game for good 99% of the time and it did today. Sure, they could have gone for it and not gotten it, but at least you tried and did whatever you could to win that game. ANOTHER CHICKEN CALL BY A CHICKEN COACH. We will never win anything with him making the decisions.

2. After a gazillion years, we are still looking for our QB of the future. Trent can't cut it. I liked Trent. I really did. There was a time last season I was sure we had our guy. But something happened somewhere along the way and all he is now is a scared QB that has no idea what he is looking at on the field. He has shown it in other games, but today especially that he just can't make the plays necessary down the field. Now, I am not talking about the 50 yard bombs or whatever. I know he can make those throws (he didn't today, but I know he can make them). I am talking about the 15-30 yard throws down the middle of the field or along the sidelines to his WRs. I was at the game today and saw Owens and Evans getting open on a fairly regular basis and they didn't get the ball at all. Not only were they not getting thrown to much, but on most occasions Edwards NEVER EVEN LOOKED IN THEIR DIRECTIONS. He immediately looked for the TE or RB ALL DAY LONG. The WRs were an afterthought all day and to Trent, were really not a thought at all. I know there was pressure all day. I know the line had trouble today. BUT THERE ARE EASY WAYS AROUND THAT! The quick slant was there all day and only thrown once that I can remember. The CBs were constantly backing 15 yards off the WRs and instead of just getting the ball out to them quickly and letting them try to make a play or just hitting the slant, Trent constantly ignored the WRs and went to is RBs and TEs all day. I did not see 1 crossing pattern to Owens to get the ball in his hands. I know AVP is calling the plays and some of that is on him, but Edwards is right there and can audible at any time. WE CAN SEE IT. I am just afraid Trent can't. Somewhere along the way Trent got scared and is now a mirror image of his head coach. WAY TOO CONSERVATIVE AND SCARED TO TAKE ANY CHANCES EVER. We will not win anything with a QB not willing to get the balls to the WRs.....not even looking at them most of the time.

Anyways, sorry to rant guys. There is so much more I could get into now, but I am still so frustrated with this game today and where we are as a franchise. Can Trent get whatever he lost back? I don't know.......Can DJ lead this tam anywhere? Not a chance.

Coach and quarterback. Yeah, that's about it. It'd be nice to have an experienced offensive line, too.

I actually like our O-Line for the most part. They had a rough day today, but they had a lot of injuries to deal with as well. Hangman had a terrible game and when your C has a bad game, it tends to move across the line. But, for the most part, i like our line, especially our 2 new guards.

ut yeah, they had a rough game today. QB doesn't help though when he doesn't get rid of the ball sometimes, though. O-Coordinator doesn't help when hardly any screens or slants are used either. Many of the O-Line issues could be helped if certain things were done.

Ok guys..... I am still way too frustrated to be sitting here and expressing my feelings about this game. However, there are 2 things that were perfectly clear in this game that basically will not allow us to take the next step as a franchise. Sure, there are others, but these 2 things are very obvious and the most crucial to the success of this franchise:

1. We will never win anything with Jauron as our head coach. DUH! I know, we all know this one. We have seen it time and time again, but his coaching decisions in this game were absolutely awful. 4th and 1....down 2 scores with about 7 minutes left. PUNT. That was the moment of the game you either give yourself a chance or you take yourself out of the game. Fact is that punting there takes you out of the game for good 99% of the time and it did today. Sure, they could have gone for it and not gotten it, but at least you tried and did whatever you could to win that game. ANOTHER CHICKEN CALL BY A CHICKEN COACH. We will never win anything with him making the decisions.

2. After a gazillion years, we are still looking for our QB of the future. Trent can't cut it. I liked Trent. I really did. There was a time last season I was sure we had our guy. But something happened somewhere along the way and all he is now is a scared QB that has no idea what he is looking at on the field. He has shown it in other games, but today especially that he just can't make the plays necessary down the field. Now, I am not talking about the 50 yard bombs or whatever. I know he can make those throws (he didn't today, but I know he can make them). I am talking about the 15-30 yard throws down the middle of the field or along the sidelines to his WRs. I was at the game today and saw Owens and Evans getting open on a fairly regular basis and they didn't get the ball at all. Not only were they not getting thrown to much, but on most occasions Edwards NEVER EVEN LOOKED IN THEIR DIRECTIONS. He immediately looked for the TE or RB ALL DAY LONG. The WRs were an afterthought all day and to Trent, were really not a thought at all. I know there was pressure all day. I know the line had trouble today. BUT THERE ARE EASY WAYS AROUND THAT! The quick slant was there all day and only thrown once that I can remember. The CBs were constantly backing 15 yards off the WRs and instead of just getting the ball out to them quickly and letting them try to make a play or just hitting the slant, Trent constantly ignored the WRs and went to is RBs and TEs all day. I did not see 1 crossing pattern to Owens to get the ball in his hands. I know AVP is calling the plays and some of that is on him, but Edwards is right there and can audible at any time. WE CAN SEE IT. I am just afraid Trent can't. Somewhere along the way Trent got scared and is now a mirror image of his head coach. WAY TOO CONSERVATIVE AND SCARED TO TAKE ANY CHANCES EVER. We will not win anything with a QB not willing to get the balls to the WRs.....not even looking at them most of the time.

Anyways, sorry to rant guys. There is so much more I could get into now, but I am still so frustrated with this game today and where we are as a franchise. Can Trent get whatever he lost back? I don't know.......Can DJ lead this tam anywhere? Not a chance.

1. Agreed

2. Mosty agree. I think Trent is fixable. With the proper coaching and a little sucess, the problems that we currently see with Trent (Lack of balls, Jekyl and Hyde performance) would largely disappear. It's obvious that the guy has tallent, it just needs to be developed a little further. QBs far worse than Edwards have taken their teams to the playoffs. ****, trent Dilfer won a SB! Fix 1 and 2 WILL improve.

Well said!

I actually like our O-Line for the most part. They had a rough day today, but they had a lot of injuries to deal with as well. Hangman had a terrible game and when your C has a bad game, it tends to move across the line. But, for the most part, i like our line, especially our 2 new guards.

ut yeah, they had a rough game today. QB doesn't help though when he doesn't get rid of the ball sometimes, though. O-Coordinator doesn't help when hardly any screens or slants are used either. Many of the O-Line issues could be helped if certain things were done.

I didn't say I didn't like our line. I do. I just wish it were more experienced.

Not a Trent homer but it's way way too early to give up on him. Looked good the 1st 2 weeks and this is his first bad game and it wasn't horrible either. I would rate his performance "O.K" all things considered with our crappy O-line pass protection and blitz pick-ups.

Was he good? Nope, and he is not a GREAT type of QB even at his best. He's just efficient and accurate at his best, and today he was playing like Chicken Little with horrible reads when he got flushed out of the pocket. I put more of his performance on the O-line 1st, especially our tackles, and 2nd on his poor mental adjustments to try to make plays rather than be the efficient stat midget he can be at times.

I mean how stupid is throwing to your TE 5 yards down the field on 4th and 23? Take a shot down the field and if it's picked off so what as the game is over anyway.

I agree, it's the HC and the QB who deserve most of the blame. Yes, the O-Line struggled against a VERY motivated pass rush today. But a couple quick screens and shotgun draw plays up the middle are all you EVER need to cool down a hot defense that's teeing off on your QB. AVP most assuredly knows this, as in the first game of the season, we did those things a LOT. Today, AVP's "Jauron-approved" game plan was embarrassing, and Trent doesn't have the nads or brains to audible into stuff that negate certain defenses. I hope he someday does. But today was a HUGE step backward for him, IMO.

When your 3rd string TE has more balls thrown to him than your 2 start WRs, somethings wrong. I tend to think Trent plays a big part in this. Seems he looks to the short passes to the TEs and RBs than anyone else. His favorite reciever is coming back off of suspension next week so look for more of the same.

I just don't get it.

Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk Dink Dunk

It ain't gonna cut it in this league.

Enough already!

The o-line has tremendous room for improvement and will only get better over the course of this season and the following ones.

Our QB, however, may be approaching his ceiling. We've been saying the same things for over a year now but the fact remains, he simply does not pull the trigger on ANYTHING downfield. Him pulling the trigger and getting picked would be seen as improvement at this point, but he doesn't even muster the courage to throw the ball. It's unfortunate that confidence and courage are nowhere to be found on this coaching staff, they are traits Trent would certainly benefit from.