Brees thinking about the weather

Beerball

True on all accounts.

Cablevision actually runs a weather/traffic channel; 60 second weather report, 60 second traffic report. Repeat. 24x7x365. Most useful 2 minutes of TV per day.

Having a meteorologist girlfriend, i now know which weather services to look to. Certain websites are better at predicting different things than others. For example, while accuweather.com tends to forecast temps that are always 5 degrees lower than everyone else, they are pretty damn good at predicting cold snaps. Check out their long range forecast. While the temps might not be dead on, if they're calling for a 10-15 degree drop, chances are you're in for a cold spell to move through.

The girlfriend doesn't put much stock in the weather channel, but still wants to be an anchor there someday. She's got the necessary "equipment" to be an anchor there. :unsure: Mostly though its because she is in love with Jim Cantore. We have a deal going. If she gets a job there, she's allowed to try and sleep with Jim only if she sets me up with Heather Tesch.

Not meaning to continually geek out about the weather, but I just had a face-to-face (literally) with the joys of Upstate NYs weather, and how it might affect tomorrow.

I just got back in from what will probably be the last boat ride for the season in the eastern basin of Lake Ontario. Low gray clouds with a 10 mph wind from the SE (very strange for these parts, but there it was). I know it was 10 mph because I traveled WITH the wind for a few miles, and watched the speedometer on the depth finder, and the flag on the aft light lay flat against the pole. I was going at wind speed at 10 mph. The leaves were changing, the geese floated overhead, the world was right.

All good things must come to an end, and I brought her about, bow-into-the-wind to get back to the marina.

Any math majors out there? If I'm moving at 10 mph, and heading into a 10 mph headwind...that's right, it's a 20 mph wind in my face. DAMN! I couldn't imagine throwing a football in that crap and being successful at it. Particularly if there's rain blowing along with it. I mean...DAMN! I could barely see through the spray.

If that wind comes in tomorrow off the lake at the predicted 15mph sustained with 20+ mph gusts...DAMN! Bring your ground game!

As of now (11:17 PM Saturday) the National Weather Service says Orchard Park has a 70% chance of precipitation tomorrow.

They predict very little rain, though, and most of it should be before game time:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?C...78.7458&e=0

Sunday: Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Southwest wind between 11 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Southwest wind between 10 and 14 mph.

Funny thing about that ... back in 1989, the Saints showed up in Buffalo in December. Ask Steve Tasker about that game, one the Bills figured they had won as soon as it started to snow.

22-19 New Orleans. Curse you, John Fourcade.

Not as big a stage, but isn't Fourcade the Bucky Freaking Dent of Bills history? That game still baffles me. :unsure: