Why not re-sign Walker?

Why not re-sign Walker and put him at Rt Tackle where he belongs? The guy was adequate last year and has to be better than anything we have left at this point. I don't get it. We have a lot of money under the cap and roster slots available. Are we his cheap, Ralph?

4 words:

Too slow

Too expensive

Why not re-sign Walker and put him at Rt Tackle where he belongs? The guy was adequate last year and has to be better than anything we have left at this point. I don't get it. We have a lot of money under the cap and roster slots available. Are we his cheap, Ralph?

Walker appeared to be not only slower, but less able than last year. I think they don't resign him because of the simple fact that he is not capable of keeping up with the No Huddle offense.

As a side note...the fact that he has yet to be brought in by another team should tell us all something.

I can't imagine why anyone, after seeing the o-line this year, would want anyone other than Butler on it from last year. I think the reason Walker won't be re-signed is because he never had the mean streak that the rest of the o-line now has. Even D Bell is a hell of a warrior out there. Notice how at the end of plays this year, our entire o-line isn't on the ground like last year. This year our line does the ass-kicking, not the other way around.

I think that their new style does not fit his lumbering style. With that said, I also suspect that there was some animosity when he was cut. Think about it from his perspective----he was adequate last year at RT and they moved him to LT and he was clearly not happy. His skill set didn't match the position. He moved over to help the team and when it wasn't successful he even lost his old job. I'm not saying I want him back though. I like where this O-line is headed.

Maybe they tried, but Walker feels spurned by the Bills and wants to go to another team.
I think that their new style does not fit his lumbering style. With that said, I also suspect that there was some animosity when he was cut. Think about it from his perspective----he was adequate last year at RT and they moved him to LT and he was clearly not happy. His skill set didn't match the position. He moved over to help the team and when it wasn't successful he even lost his old job. I'm not saying I want him back though. I like where this O-line is headed.

What they said. Guessing that bridge is beyond repair.