Wedding Question??

Stl Bills

That's farther, Chef. Other than that, spot on. :rolleyes:

I like plenzmd1's thoughts on the liquor, so go with that. In fact, go with all of his advice. At the end of the day, it's a damn theme party and you're the host. If someone thinks you skimped on something, that person is a snob.

Good luck! :lol:

The good news is that in these ambiguous cases it doesn't matter which word you choose. The Oxford English Dictionary, Fowler's Modern English Usage, and a number of other sources say that, in most cases, it's fine to use further and farther interchangeably when the distinction isn't clear. People have been using them interchangeably for hundreds of years!

I'm just older than you are. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just older than you are. <_<

I recently heard that the phrase "begging the question", which originally meant a logical fallacy, has been incorrectly used as "raising the question" for so long that it is now an acceptable substitute.

I guess it's time to euthanize some of my pet peeves. :censored:

/threadjack

How is that oil-stained driveway fix I gave you holding up?

Im just kidding, your advice worked like a charm. There is not a spot of grease noticeable on my driveway. Do not take it personal, your one of my favorite posters, I would not kid around with you if I did not like you.

Im just kidding, your advice worked like a charm. There is not a spot of grease noticeable on my driveway. Do not take it personal, your one of my favorite posters, I would not kid around with you if I did not like you.

Nothing personal taken.

I would recommend deleting the post regarding a shotgun wedding, though. That's best all around... <_<

BTW- I use the chicory root/inulin product FiberSure, not the Metamucil psyllium-based concoction. :censored:

Nothing personal taken.

I would recommend deleting the post regarding a shotgun wedding, though. That's best all around... <_<

BTW- I use the chicory root/inulin product FiberSure, not the Metamucil psyllium-based concoction. :censored:

No worries here Cincy....I'm not one to be easily offended.

OK yeah that was me but that was more like 18 months ago and I met my fiance like 2 weeks after that happened and things are totally different. Never really saw my self as a guy who would ever get married and spend my life with one person but my opinion completely changed when I met my future wife....I couldn't ever imagine being without her.

Anyway, I guess I should clarify....I don't expect anything. I am going to end up paying a big portion of things even though I'm kind of struggling myself. A year ago this wouldn't have been a problem, I started my own logistics company right out of college and was doing quite well....then last year my biggest customer suddenly filed for bankruptcy and owed me enough money that it ended up bankrupting my own company. I was lucky enough to get a job with a buddy of mine in the same industry but I decided that what I really want to do is go back to school and get my engineering degree. So now I'm working 50 hour weeks making less than half of what I used while putting myself through school again (my parents have offered to help with my school but I don't want them to have to pay for it, they put me through college once already). Anyway I'm going to be contributing a good portion.

Neither one of us want a big, over-the-top wedding. If it was up to me we'd be on a plane back to Jamaica and do it there. Erin is not a demanding person in any way shape or form but I know she wants all of her friends and family to be able to come to our wedding....other than that she doesn't really care.

The thing that pisses me off about her parents is they have drug their entire family, especially their 3 children, through the most rediculous law suit I've ever heard of. Like I said I'll spare you the details but as soon as I heard what they were suing each other over I instantly knew that it sounded like a giant waste of time and money. And thats exactly what it was and it got to the point where we couldn't even hardly hang out with either one of her parents. Every time we'd be around her mom she'd basically being telling us how big of a piece of sh*t her dad is and vice versa. Anyway I guess I just find it ironic that you dump at least 20k a piece on lawyer fees on a lawsuit that was going no where. I'm of the mind that if somebody stole something from me that was worth $500, I'm not going to go hire a lawyer for 10k to sue them for my $500....it doesn't make sense, principle or not. They always seemed to be able to find a way to pay for this thing that served absolutely no purpose other than to tear there family apart. I really don't care that much though, after writing this I guess I realized that I want our wedding to be about having a good time, being with friends and family, and starting our life together.....I'm going to have to find a way to make it work with the money I have. Thanks for the advice.

Didn't read all the posts, BUT, you should get back everything you shell out per person for the wedding, plus some,. Lets say avg person costs 50$/head to feed and booze up, avg party will give you a minimum of 75$/person minimum anyways. DOn't worrry about, it, save up what you can and be modest about it. Things you want to spend your money on are a veidographer, and a good hall with good food. A good DJ makes the night as well. You ill be fine monetarily after the wedding.

I give you props for that, but I don't think anyone, even your kids should be a burden or think "they always have something coming to them"

Some people, hey its their special day, but apparently people have a lot of them!

Food on the table, a warm home, help with your homework, clean clothes without holes in them (unless holes are cool) - the rest is earned.

Why is that so hard to understand? It is a parent's job to teach then that!

A lady was picking up her son at our daycare, and he was not listening. So she starts *counting* 1... 2... I looked at her and said "that only works when you actually GET to three, you know", and kept walking. I NEVER counted to my kids. That is only giving them time to decide if they need to do what you say or not.

Tanstaafl!

Didn't read all the posts, BUT, you should get back everything you shell out per person for the wedding, plus some,. Lets say avg person costs 50$/head to feed and booze up, avg party will give you a minimum of 75$/person minimum anyways. DOn't worrry about, it, save up what you can and be modest about it. Things you want to spend your money on are a veidographer, and a good hall with good food. A good DJ makes the night as well. You ill be fine monetarily after the wedding.

I think you should just sell tickets. If they are friends they will pony up what they would pay to see a pro football game. Also, charge for parking.

:unsure: