greatest team of all time

Define greatest team.

Without an operational definition, it is hard to define the greatest team.

If you are going for wins, then you are looking at the 1973 Dolphins and 2007 Patriots.

If you are going for the team with the most talent, I think the 92 & 93 Cowboys need a serious look. Yes, these teams both beat us in the Super Bowl. They had a ridiculously good offensive and defensive line. They had a Hall of Fame QB, receiver, and running back. They had a stellar tight end and a top notch full back. Their second receiver, Alvin Harper, was a talented player.

The 89 and 94 49er's also are deserving of a look as well as the 85 Bears.

Without an operational definition, it is hard to define the greatest team.

If you are going for wins, then you are looking at the 1973 Dolphins and 2007 Patriots.

If you are going for the team with the most talent, I think the 92 & 93 Cowboys need a serious look. Yes, these teams both beat us in the Super Bowl. They had a ridiculously good offensive and defensive line. They had a Hall of Fame QB, receiver, and running back. They had a stellar tight end and a top notch full back. Their second receiver, Alvin Harper, was a talented player.

The 89 and 94 49er's also are deserving of a look as well as the 85 Bears.

i have to go with the 94 49ers because talent combined with the coaching is second to none. i think steve young that year completed 71 % of his passes, unreal!

let me clarify, what is the greatest football team of all time? 1970-present

Because football started in 1970. <_<

The real greatest team of all-time is the 1947-1949 Cleveland Browns. 28 straight games without a loss, including two championships. October 19, 1947 through October 2, 1949.

i say the 1994 san francisco 49ers.

sanders

young

rice

hanks

barton

waters

floyd

taylor

b young

k norton

e davis

most talented roster of all time with mike shanahan as the oc

The 1964 Buffalo Bills. They would have crushed the NFL Champion Browns that season, if the SB existed back then.

I'd pick a less obvious one: 2002 Rams even though their record didn't turn out great due to overconfidence and warner/faulk having problems. They had a great defense and their offense was arguably the best ever assembled. The 99 rams were great too. The 02 rams had a QB and WRs that were arguably just as good as the 2007 patriots plus marshall faulk. I recall the defense was better than the 2007 patriots too.

I would say some of the early 1960's Green Bay Packers teams, with as many as 10 Hall of Famers on one team.

ditto, and maybe the Bradshaw Steeler teams for the same reason. In hoops? La Lakers, and 60's celtics (Cousy, Russell, Sam and KC Jones, Tommy Heinson, Etc. would be competitive with the later Celts for the title. Baseball? The 50's yankees (Mantle, Maris, Ford etc.)