AFC East- there's a chance

DDD

Like most of us, I thought the Pats would run away with the division. But after two weeks they look beatable. No way Miami goes 11-5 again after overachieving last year. They're 0-2 and will be 0-3 after going to San Diego next week. I also expect the Jets to struggle with a rookie QB. Not saying the Bills are going to win the division but we have a much better chance than I thought before the season began.

Like most of us, I thought the Pats would run away with the division. But after two weeks they look beatable. No way Miami goes 11-5 again after overachieving last year. They're 0-2 and will be 0-3 after going to San Diego next week. I also expect the Jets to struggle with a rookie QB. Not saying the Bills are going to win the division but we have a much better chance than I thought before the season began.

Agreed, told my buddies this after our performance Monday night, they think I'm on crack but this is the NFL anything can happen.

Let's win ONE game in the division before we start talking like this. Regardless of what happens against the Saints next week, October 4 is the next "huge" game for Buffalo.

There are only 16 games every game is big, and if the dolphins are 0-3 I don't know how "huge" it will be

Let's win ONE game in the division before we start talking like this. Regardless of what happens against the Saints next week, October 4 is the next "huge" game for Buffalo.

Good point, it has been since December 07 since the last division win if I remember right. Cant win the division, until we can beat the teams in the division.

So what you're saying is if we beat Miami we can talk about the east then?

It's a new season and If I want to talk about how I think we have a chance at the East, well dammit I'm going to talk about it! :thumbsup:

Nobody's trying to rain on your parade and we're all hopeful; it's just a bit early for this. The first two weeks do not a season make. Miami actually played a pretty good game last night but failed to "finish" -- sound familiar?

It'll be more huge for Miami if they're 0-3. They'll be playing desperate next week...imagine what they'll be like if they come back home winless.

Nobody's saying it's going to happen. But I feel like we have a chance. You can not talk about us winning the east until you feel comfortable, but I want to. I think its up for grabs this year. We can't talk about the Bills winning the east after two games but everyone seems to be annointing Sanchez the next Brady after two games.

I think you can talk about the BIlls having a shot at the East because the Patriots flat out aren't that good this year and the Jets will hit some rough spots with the rookie. It might not happen every week but they will have a few games where he plays like a rookie and the Defense can't do it every week.

For that reason the Bills have a chance...has nothing to do with Buffalo being good.

I think the East is an average division at best this year.

There are only 16 games every game is big, and if the dolphins are 0-3 I don't know how "huge" it will be

Losing to a 0-3 Dolphins team, to go 0-2 in the division isn't huge? The Jets made it huge by beating the Pat's! Lets say, hypothetically, we split with the whole division and Miami loses out (which I think they will)...we're dead in the water with tie breakers!

The Pat's will get back on track, after all they are the Pat's, and split with NY. Both of them, judging by NY's D (early observations considered) will sweep the Phins. Therefore, so must the Bills to have any chance at taking the division.

Thinking that losing to the Phins isn't huge is like giving the Fat kid 3 to 1 odds at winning a dodgeball game! :thumbsup: