Is it me....

SouthernMan

...or does anyone else find the FOX animated robot and accompanying guitar riff, ripped off from the Christmas song "Sleigh Ride" (giddyup, giddyup, let's go) incredibly annoying? Are we beer drinking adults or is this Saturday morning cartoon time?

What the hell does that retarded Transformer-looking thing have to do with football?

As if it wasn't bad enough, now they have it doing that bronco rodeo ride motion that McGahee used to think was so clever.

Glad the Bills are done with FOX games after next week.

...or does anyone else find the FOX animated robot and accompanying guitar riff, ripped off from the Christmas song "Sleigh Ride" (giddyup, giddyup, let's go) incredibly annoying? Are we beer drinking adults or is this Saturday morning cartoon time?

What the hell does that retarded Transformer-looking thing have to do with football?

As if it wasn't bad enough, now they have it doing that bronco rodeo ride motion that McGahee used to think was so clever.

I agree. I hate that stupid robot. Remember FOX is the same network that brought us that puck tracker thing for NHL games too. Thank God that's gone.

I think it's ridiculous and an insult to real football fans. Just another reason I do not like Fox.

I find there are two different camps in this issue:

Those that like the circus atmosphere, player dance celebrations, and general bafoonery.

And those more like me - a football purist,who has great love and respect for the sport, I don't need a sideshow carnival to enhance the game.

Maybe baseball or curling need that to hold your attention with the lack of action, but football....?

Those that like the circus atmosphere, player dance celebrations, and general bafoonery.

And those more like me - a football purist,who has great love and respect for the sport, I don't need a sideshow carnival to enhance the game.

Maybe baseball or curling need that to hold your attention with the lack of action, but football....?

You'll have to add a third category. Those that don't notice...fit me into that group. I watch the game, who gives a rip about an animated robot? If that robot ever got in the way of a play I missed it.

Agree. FOX cheapens everything it touches, especially the news. To bad PBS doesn't do football..I'll bet Jim Lehrer would do a great job announcing and no transformers...maybe folk singers to start the game..

I don't mind the player dances and such -- but the robot on FOX really sucks, and takes up a LOT of screen real estate.

I was more annoyed that Fox still can't get a decent HD feed. Noticeable difference between that broadcast & the Pitt/Chi CBS game.

Agreed! Especially on some of the wide angle shots of the entire field. Looked like crap - probably just stretched SD.

The robot is for the kids, to help get the younger generation interested in the game. It might be an annoyance to adults, but they're not going to change the channel because of it, because, well, you have no choice if you want to see the game.