Did Maybin even play?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I know--but this is a tough internet crowd...dont cross them

Translation: Don't talk out yer ass about things you have no understanding of or somebody will make a fool of you. I've never once gotten the sense that the Fan from San Jose has that problem.

I dunno if you can accurately judge a defensive lineman's performance by the number of tackles, etc but I do know Tampa Bay had a tough time running the ball.

case in point: everyone is lauding Kyle Williams' play today (as they should, he was a beast), but guess what his stat line was? 1 tackle, 1 assist.

I was at the game today and watched Maybin a lot when he came into pass rush. He was handled 1 on 1 very easily for the most part. Really needs to work on some pass rush moves... he's athletic but really isn't a factor yet

our ends did a lot of wide rushing today because we blitzed inside. i still think we are figuring out our D.

That's pretty scary since it's the same system with basically the same players they've had for the last two seasons.

As always, the scheme seems to be to have the ends swing around wide. They seem to be in a containment mode, and Maybin has this down pretty good right now.

You have to wonder why they would be trying to contain Leftwich, though who really is no threat to leave the pocket.

I'd like to see Schoebel and Maybin run more stunts with the DTs, especially since Williams has stepped up his game.

that seems to be a pattern with him so far this season..i wish they would move him around to utilize his speed better. If he comes straight at the tackle he is crushed. If he tries going around him he is practically on Abbot Rd and effectively out of the play.

Abbott Rd. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see Schoebel and Maybin run more stunts with the DTs, especially since Williams has stepped up his game.

Schobel doesn't have a good second move, never had, never will. Maybin has yet to prove that he can learn one. Fewell does need to learn how to have his DEs shift inside before the snap once in a while, and use different blitz packages, etc. or we will see the same thing as we saw today. Numerous big pass gains. While I clamour for another playmaking passrusher being got by the Bills to round out their defense, again, I think it all falls down to the fact that Fewell is about as creative and innovative coach as Dick Jauron is. And that will always be problematic.

He played a lot but was a non factor. Displayed little strength in his rush and I didnt see his quickness. Seemed like he was playing at 80% almost.

That's great, we drafted a weak, not very fast, something or other with our first pick?

Put the kid on the bench if he ain't ready.

Where the f*** is Chris Ellis?

That's great, we drafted a weak, not very fast, something or other with our first pick?

Put the kid on the bench if he ain't ready.

Where the f*** is Chris Ellis?

That's an excellent way for him to get some in-game experience, riding the timber. After all, it would be pointless getting him some snaps with the first team defense against a weak team, at a home game.