The terms of McGee's Contract Extension...

So McGee gets extended for four years and $27 million ($6.75 million per). Don't know the guaranteed money yet, or to what degree it piggy backs his current contract which has one year, this season for $3 million left (did they rip up the last year or add to it).

Jabari Greer signed with New Orleans this offseason for four years and $23 million ($5.75 million per) with $10 million guaranteed.

Nate Clements signed with the Niners for eight years and $80 million ($10 million per) with $22 million guaranteed.

Antoine Winfield signed with the Vikings in for five years and $36 million ($7.2 million per) with $16.1 million guaranteed.

This offseason's top free agent cornerback contracts:

DeAngelo Hall, Redskins. Age: 25.

Re-signed with Redskins, 6 years, $54 million ($9 million per); $22.5 million guaranteed

Corey Webster, Giants. Age 27.

Re-signed with Giants, five-year, $43.5 million contract extension ($8.7 million per); $20 million guaranteed

Kelvin Hayden, Colts. Age: 26.

Re-signed with Colts, 5 years, $43 million ($8.6 million per); $22.5 million guaranteed

Domonique Foxworth, Falcons. Age: 26.

Signed with Ravens, 4 years, $28 million ($7 million per), $16.5 million guaranteed

Ronald Bartell, Rams. Age: 27.

Re-signed with Rams, 4 years, $28 million ($7 million per), $13.6 million guaranteed

Terrence McGee, Bills. Age 28.

Re-signed with Bills, 4 years, $27 million ($6.75 million per).

Jabari Greer, Bills, Age 27.

Signed with New Orleans, 4 years, $23 million ($5.75 million per) with $10 million guaranteed.

Andre' Goodman, Dolphins. Age: 31.

Signed with Broncos, 5 years, $25 million ($5 million per); $10 million guaranteed

Joselio Hanson, Eagles. Age: 27.

Re-signed with Eagles, 5 years, $21 million ($4.2 million per); $6.4 million guaranteed

Bryant McFadden, Steelers. Age: 27.

Signed with Cardinals, 2 years, $10 million ($5 million per); $5 million guaranteed

And just for fun:

Leigh Bodden, Browns, Age 27.

Signed with Patriots, 1 year, $2.25 million, $1 million guaranteed, promise not to franchise tag him

Shawn Springs, Redskins, Age 34.

Signed with Patriots, three years, $9.75 million ($3.25 million per), $2.7 million guaranteed

So McGee gets extended for four years and $27 million ($6.75 million per). Don't know the guaranteed money yet, or to what degree it piggy backs his current contract which has one year (this season) left.

Jabari Greer signed with New Orleans this offseason for four years and $23 million ($5.75 million per) with $10 million guaranteed.

Nate Clements signed with the Niners for eight years and $80 million ($10 million per) with $22 million guaranteed.

Antoine Winfield signed with the Vikings in for five years and $36 million ($7.2 million per) with $16.1 million guaranteed.

He wanted to stay in Buffalo and he's not unreasonable.

This isn't directed at you SJBF but a lot of people here seem to be criticizing this contract because he signed reasonably. Why? The Bills made a great deal with a guy who's happy to be here. Be happy!!

So McGee gets extended for four years and $27 million ($6.75 million per). Don't know the guaranteed money yet, or to what degree it piggy backs his current contract which has one year, this season for $3 million left (did they rip up the last year or add to it).

Ralph is cheap.

This isn't directed at you SJBF but a lot of people here seem to be criticizing this contract because he signed reasonably. Why? The Bills made a great deal with a guy who's happy to be here. Be happy!!

Could not agree more. Win-win for both sides. What if McGee got a very serious injury next week? This gives him security. Plus he likes it here. I'm eager to find out how much of the money is guaranteed.

I think some of the ambivalence to the signing has to do with the idea that we give pretty big money to guys that aren't household names in the NFL. So far Lee Evans has underperformed his contract (this regime)...plus all the money that went to Dockery and Walker, Kelsay, Schobel, Triplett, Royal, etc (last regime). None of the recent recipients of big veteran contracts for the Bills have actually outperformed their contract...although this is McGee's third contract and he did outperform his second contract. We've also extended Kyle Williams, Brad Butler and Fred Jackson and those are looking like pretty good values right now.

I love McGee and am happy that we extended him. A bit disquieting that he missed practice today with back spasms. He said he'd be ready for Sunday though.

Could not agree more. Win-win for both sides. What if McGee got a very serious injury next week? This gives him security. Plus he likes it here. I'm eager to find out how much of the money is guaranteed.

I think some of the ambivalence to the signing has to do with the idea that we give pretty big money to guys that aren't household names in the NFL. So far Lee Evans has underperformed his contract (this regime)...plus all the money that went to Dockery and Walker, Kelsay, Schobel, Triplett, Royal, etc (last regime). None of the recent recipients of big veteran contracts for the Bills have actually outperformed their contract...although this is McGee's third contract and he did outperform his second contract. We've also extended Kyle Williams, Brad Butler and Fred Jackson and those are looking like pretty good values right now.

I love McGee and am happy that we extended him. A bit disquieting that he missed practice today with back spasms. He said he'd be ready for Sunday though.

The ambivalence is misplaced if it is about the simple size of the contract rather than the % of the cap allocated to a particular player.

These contracts are outrageously large simply because the NFL is making nickels hand over fist over elbow and the NFLPA was able contractually to reach an agreement which makes them arguably the majority partner in this enterprise with the players guaranteed 60.5% of the total gross take.

If folks are revolted by the amount of player salaries right now then just wait until the NFLPA and NFL agree to a rookie salary cap which lessens the take of the rookies and thus heightens the take of the vets.

As lomg as we keep buying the salaries are gonna go through the roof and beyond.

I must admit I feel better about the players being grossly overpaid than if Mr. Ralph, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder simply got richer.

Per Allen Wilson, four years, $27 million

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/799733.html

An average of $6.75 million per. No word on the guaranteed portion.

I'm a critic of Allen Wilson but... good get.

It said $27 mill in "new money."

So presumably that is $27 mill on top of the $3 mill he was already scheduled to recieve as salary this year, leaving a total of $30 mill over 4 years. EDIT: SORRY THE ARTICLE SAID HE'D BE HERE THROUGH 2013. That means this was an extension and while he'll recieve the bonuses now, the salaries don't start till 2010. McGee could have gotten probably 20% - 30% more on the open market. WOW!! It's $30 mill over 5 years.

That's a tremendous bargain for the Bills, and really solidifies the position. I was furious that they let Greer go, but only because I thought that the trend would continue with McGee. Basically, though, McGee came for slightly below market value. He could've gotten more in FA. He admitted that he didn't want to break the bank.

Gotta like this for the Bills and while I had already liked McGee, this makes me like him even more.

You have a good point, STEELY DAN.

I can't speak for others, but I love that McGee signed this, it makes us a better team going forward. I just wonder whether the FO would have signed him if he had demanded market rate. Not a high rate, but market rate. I have my doubts that they would have signed him.

You're right, it doesn't make me 100% happy, because I don't feel that the FO has proved what I would like them to prove. Oh, well. I should cheer up, because this is just great news about McGee.

its all TV contract money anyway, so who cares? the TV money is largely the players money,let them have it. its over 100m per year per team.. spread it around... no players, no TV contract..

So presumably that is $27 mill on top of the $3 mill he was already scheduled to recieve as salary this year, leaving a total of $30 mill over 4 years. EDIT: SORRY THE ARTICLE SAID HE'D BE HERE THROUGH 2013. That means this was an extension and while he'll recieve the bonuses now, the salaries don't start till 2010. McGee could have gotten probably 20% - 30% more on the open market. WOW!! It's $30 mill over 5 years.

That's a tremendous bargain for the Bills, and really solidifies the position. I was furious that they let Greer go, but only because I thought that the trend would continue with McGee. Basically, though, McGee came for slightly below market value. He could've gotten more in FA. He admitted that he didn't want to break the bank.

Gotta like this for the Bills and while I had already liked McGee, this makes me like him even more.

I couldn't agree more. I love it when the Bills retain great players and those players actually stay and want to be apart of the team. Maybe things are looking up!

Well said .... agree on all points

I totally agree, they could have done the same thing with Pat Williams a few years ago. He would have taken a home-town discount too, he was so involved in the community here and really wanted to stay. Our moronic FO at the time didn't even try to keep him.

I love the signing. Watching him on Monday night i said 'we got to lock him up'. With McKelvin and McGee as the corners for awhile. Byrd hopefully at a safety. The only wildcard is Whitner. I am not sure what the Bills are going to do with him yet.

But finally the FO shows soem foresight. McGee is definetly the better of the two corners between he and Greer. The price was a fair price too.

Now sign Seymour in the offseason and reunite him with Stroud. I use to love watching those two guys play together at UGA. Then with a formidable front line and some good DBs, this defense would be tough.