Just Got Back From Albany!

PearlHowardman

Had meetings with the boss in Albany yesterday afternoon and this morning. Overnight trip from here in Syracuse.

What I saw:

About 20 cars with NY Giants stickers, license plates, etc.

About 8 cars with Dallas Cowboy stickers, license plate holders, etc.

About 5 cars with NY Jets stickers, license plates, etc.

About 2-3 cars with that team we played this week stickers, license plate holders, etc.

About 15 cars with CT and Massachusetts license plates. Why so many?

What I didn't see:

Anyone wearing any type of Buffalo Bills shirts, etc. No stickers on cars, etc

What I did:

Asked my boss and some coworkers about the Buffalo Bills and they looked at me like they had no idea what I was talking about. They weren't exactly aware of the SU Orangemen football team, either

All I can say is that it's good to be back in Syracuse!

GO BILLS!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I think you're having a little geography trouble. Let me help put things into perspective a little bit.

It is 290 mi to Albany from Buffalo. It's 290 mi to Morgantown, West Virginia. Would you expect people in West Virginia to support the Buffalo Bills? Of course not.

How about closer places with NFL teams. It is 220 mi to Pittsburgh and just 190 mi to Cleveland. Clearly you wouldn't report back from those cities disheartened with the lack of fan support, am I right?

Hi. I think you're having a little geography trouble. Let me help put things into perspective a little bit.

It is 290 mi to Albany from Buffalo. It's 290 mi to Morgantown, West Virginia. Would you expect people in West Virginia to support the Buffalo Bills? Of course not.

How about closer places with NFL teams. It is 220 mi to Pittsburgh and just 190 mi to Cleveland. Clearly you wouldn't report back from those cities disheartened with the lack of fan support, am I right?

It's the Dallas Cowboys supporters that kill me.

Geography and miles notwithstanding, I would expect to see at least ONE Buffalo Bills fan in Albany? As far as my coworkers were concerned the Buffalo Bills were as foreign to them as the Seattle Seahawks!

if u listened to 103.5 while you were there: 1) classic and the best of modern rock 2) Bills station

Didn't catch them. Do they just broadcast Bills games or more than that re: chat?

Looks like the local sports media was all-Giants.

Signs welcoming you to Albany saying home of the SB Champs Giants.

I didn't sample any sports bars, though!

Not sure where you were - but I live outside Saratoga Springs - teams spotted usually approximate;

40% - NY GIants

20% - NY Jets

15% - Buffalo Bills

10% - New England Patriots

5% - Dallas Cowboys

5% - Pittsburgh Steelers

A lot of Bills fans around Clifton Park....(probably due to all the transplants from WNY and Central NY...).

What a stupid reply. I'm SURE you know Morgantown, Pittsburgh & Cleveland are NOT in NY State. Pittsburgh & Cleveland also have football teams. Why would anyone expect them to support the Bills? Albany on the other hand is in NEW YORK State. You know, the State with ONE Football Team..............The Buffalo Bills. I also find it odd & disheartening that there is a lack of support for the Bills there.

Not sure where you were - but I live outside Saratoga Springs - teams spotted usually approximate;

40% - NY GIants

20% - NY Jets

15% - Buffalo Bills

5% - Dallas Cowboys

5% - Pittsburgh Steelers

A lot of Bills fans around Clifton Park....(probably due to all the transplants from WNY and Central NY...).

I was right in the city of Albany. 10% Patriots fans? ;)

40% - NY GIants

20% - NY Jets

15% - Buffalo Bills

5% - Dallas Cowboys

5% - Pittsburgh Steelers

I can second that. I spent the last few years in Clifton Park before moving out to the loving womb of Orchard Park. Lots of Giants fans out there (because of the Albany Training Camp of course) but there was still a sizable Bills fans presence in Clifton Park.

What a stupid reply. I'm SURE you know Morgantown, Pittsburgh & Cleveland are NOT in NY State. Pittsburgh & Cleveland also have football teams. Why would anyone expect them to support the Bills? Albany on the other hand is in NEW YORK State. You know, the State with ONE Football Team..............The Buffalo Bills. I also find it odd & disheartening that there is a lack of support for the Bills there.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Do you align most of your favorite things because of the state you reside in? Are you a fan of Siena College? I don't think you realize that by capitalizing the word NEW YORK, you don't actually make a valid point, you just look like an a$$. I don't understand why people get upset that we don't have support in Albany. Why would they not be Jets or Giants fans?

Teams that are closer to Albany than the Buffalo Bills (4): New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, and the New York Giants. Baltimore is close.

That whole state allegiance garbage is just that. I guess by your logic there would be more Mets fans in Buffalo than Blue Jay fans. My reply was stupid though. Sorry for trying to use facts to reason out some explanations. You're right, I'm stupid.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Do you align most of your favorite things because of the state you reside in? Are you a fan of Siena College? I don't think you realize that by capitalizing the word NEW YORK, you don't actually make a valid point, you just look like an ;) (didn't you read the announcement about circumventing the language filter?) I don't understand why people get upset that we don't have support in Albany. Why would they not be Jets or Giants fans?

Teams that are closer to Albany than the Buffalo Bills (4): New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, and the New York Giants. Baltimore is close.

That whole state allegiance garbage is just that. I guess by your logic there would be more Mets fans in Buffalo than Blue Jay fans. My reply was stupid though. Sorry for trying to use facts to reason out some explanations. You're right, I'm stupid.

Yes, State Lines matter. (Ask any Motorcycle Gang- They put the State they are from on their patch just below the Name)You are the one that looks like the :bag: for not thinking so. Of course you would expect support for the Jets & Giants (Even though they are NOT NY Teams) I would also expect some support for the Bills. I would bet there are more Yankee fans in Buffalo than Jays fans. (although Canada being another Country is EXEMPT from the State line thing) :ph34r:

I am a Florida Gator Fan myself. :wallbash: Although I am also a fan of the UB Bulls.

Yes, State Lines matter. (Ask any Motorcycle Gang- They put the State they are from on their patch just below the Name)You are the one that looks like the ;) for not thinking so. Of course you would expect support for the Jets & Giants (Even though they are NOT NY Teams) I would also expect some support for the Bills. I would bet there are more Yankee fans in Buffalo than Jays fans. (although Canada being another Country is EXEMPT from the State line thing) :wallbash:

I am a Flordia Gator Fan myself. :bag: Although I am also a fan of the UB Bulls.

Yeah you're right. My initial statement was stupid. Sorry I started defending myself. It all makes sense now, I can't believe I didn't think of those motorcycle gangs.

I can second that. I spent the last few years in Clifton Park before moving out to the loving womb of Orchard Park. Lots of Giants fans out there (because of the Albany Training Camp of course) but there was still a sizable Bills fans presence in Clifton Park.

I'm originally from Clifton Park. Theres some Bills fans in Albany. Definitely way more Giants/Jets. The worst thing is, my cousins are middle school age and live in the area. They like the Pats. With the younger generation, the Pats are like the new Cowboys. Lots of younger kids like them because they grew up with them winning. Queer logic, but its true ;)

Yeah you're right. My initial statement was stupid. Sorry I started defending myself. It all makes sense now, I can't believe I didn't think of those motorcycle gangs.

No problem. It's understandable, you being into the "Swingers" lifestyle. I don't think swingers are concerned about State Lines as others are, although you better make sure she is of age or you will get in trouble if you take her across it. ;)