Just Got Back From Albany!

PearlHowardman

Your post is !@#$ing retarded

The Bills games are broadcast on the most popular FM rock station in town, virtually every game is on TV each sunday, and there are numerous bills bars.

STFU about syracuse, nobody cares abotu your god-damn alma mater

So, everyone else is wrong and you're right?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, everyone else is wrong and you're right?

1) Truth is not decided democratically, and 2) there's plenty of people who agree with me...i'm not saying it's a 100% bills town, but there is a sizeable number of bills fans.

http://www.commoncensus.org/maps/nfl_1280.gif

if you look, you can see a blue blob in the area just north of albany

1) Truth is not decided democratically, and 2) there's plenty of people who agree with me...i'm not saying it's a 100% bills town, but there is a sizeable number of bills fans.

The numbers don't lie! I like the Map.

I was in Conrgess Park in Saratoga Springs yesterday - ran into a family from Fredonia, (kid wearing a bills shirt), and a guy from Tonawanda (Bills hat)....All in Clifton Park now.... Predominant color of the day was the Pats - by a mile.

I also find it odd & disheartening that there is a lack of support for the Bills there.

why? They are much closer to NYC(159 miles) than they are to Orchard Park(295 miles). Due to politics, they are likely much more aligned with NYC than they are with Buffalo as well...just think of where all the dollars in Albany go...its not to WNY. In fact, they are a lot closer to Boston as well(170 miles), and only about 20-25 miles from the Massachusetts state line, so that explains why there would be so many Patriot fans...

I find it odd you would expect there to be more Bills fans when they are so far from WNY and routinely associate themselves with NYC...

The numbers don't lie! I like the Map.

I was in Conrgess Park in Saratoga Springs yesterday - ran into a family from Fredonia, (kid wearing a bills shirt), and a guy from Tonawanda (Bills hat)....All in Clifton Park now.... Predominant color of the day was the Pats - by a mile.

This thread is getting worse. The Jets & Giants fan base in Albany I can understand, but the Patriots "by a mile"?

Had meetings with the boss in Albany yesterday afternoon and this morning. Overnight trip from here in Syracuse.

What I didn't see:

Anyone wearing any type of Buffalo Bills shirts, etc. No stickers on cars, etc

GO BILLS!

I was in Albany last week......... Guess you missed my car.

I go to 80 State Street once a month, a 2hr ride from NNJ BTW.........

And yes: GO BILLS!

And a red dot in the middle of the blue blob. Who are they?

This thread is getting worse. The Jets & Giants fan base in Albany I can understand, but the Patriots "by a mile"?

Someone said this earlier, but once the Patriots* started winning, the young kids start following them. In addition, their fans (like all Red Sox fans) came out of the woodwork. The fair-weather fans who really didn't have a team started showing their colors, too. Just the way it goes....

Around Albany, you primarily see Jets & Giants stuff for reasons already stated (ad nauseum), Patriots* because of their recent success, Steelers (for the same reason), and Cowboys. It's a decent mix, but it's not like their are no Bills fans around here. I work with a handful and know many more in this area. There are just as many indications of Bills fans as there are Steelers & Cowboys combined, but remember that Albany is a NYC market. Because we see Jets & Giants on TV more often than any other team is why you'll see those teams' colors paraded around. Throw in the training camp at SUNY Albany thing and it makes this more obvious.

Just because you were in downtown Albany for a day and didn't see any Bills paraphernalia doesn't mean there are no Bills fans around here. Besides, downtown is littered with politicians, business types, and state employees. You *may* see some Bills shirts on casual Friday, but only from the latter. Had you been in the outlying areas - Guilderland, Colonie, Clifton Park, even Saratoga Springs - you would have found a few, even in the half-day you were here. I drive I-87 every day (arguably the busiest highway in this area) and I can go days without seeing a Bills bumper sticker or license plate frame, but I can also see 5 of those on my way to work on the same morning. Don't judge based on one trip that lasted an entire day...if that.

Hi. I think you're having a little geography trouble. Let me help put things into perspective a little bit.

It is 290 mi to Albany from Buffalo. It's 290 mi to Morgantown, West Virginia. Would you expect people in West Virginia to support the Buffalo Bills? Of course not.

How about closer places with NFL teams. It is 220 mi to Pittsburgh and just 190 mi to Cleveland. Clearly you wouldn't report back from those cities disheartened with the lack of fan support, am I right?

Wow-thats a good point.

I live in Myrtle Beach, SC and when i go to bars to watch games the fans are MOSTLY Steelers, Pats, Giants, and Panthers fans. With other small followings, but those 4 dominate, with the Steelers, Pats, and Giants leading. (Go figure, who were the last 3 different superbowl winners? ha ha fairweather fans)