Jags considering Superman

Chandler#81

They wouldn't be the first club to draft a spiffy offensive collegian to pump up the gate for the coming season. :)

That particular collegian, in that particular town, would make for guaranteed sellouts.

And considering that as of yesterday, approximately 17,000 good seats still remained for Sunday's home opener, it might be the only thing that will save this franchise.

Better them moving to LA than us is what I think. I don't think Tebow is going to be anything more than average in the NFL. He's been surrounded by some of the best collegiate players and coaches which have been able to utilize his strengths and cover up his weaknesses. The NFL is a completely different world from the one he seemingly rules right now.

Better them moving to LA than us is what I think. I don't think Tebow is going to be anything more than average in the NFL. He's been surrounded by some of the best collegiate players and coaches which have been able to utilize his strengths and cover up his weaknesses. The NFL is a completely different world from the one he seemingly rules right now.

No one is moving to LA.

I love Tebow haters, They remind me of Yankee haters. I guess it's okay to hate on something you envy...

Don't get me wrong, I think Tebow has been an admirable college player in every right and think it's awesome all of the success he's had, but I don't see him transitioning well to the NFL. I don't.

OK that would get fans out into the stadium for like 3 years but if he is a bust than they are back at square 1 right away and it only bought them like 3 maybe 4 seasons. Even if Tebow is a hit and has a 14 year NFL career than that doesn't necessarily guarantee they will be a viable franchise for 14 years. They had a 12-4 playoff team and still had trouble selling tickets (They had to tarp off seats). So if the Tebow magic wears off or if the economy tanks what good did it do them.

Jacksonville just isn't a viable NFL market. They will be in LA very soon (Even if they grab Tebow) and the NFL doesn't need them there are already 2 other teams in Florida.

I'm sensing some man love here

No man love I just don't find the need to hate on someone just because I'm jealous of them. The guy has thrown for 70+ TD's and is only 5 rushing TD's behind Herschel Walker for the SEC rushing TD record. He has 2 national championships(so far) and 1 heisman(so far). When all is said and done barring injury Tebow will account for close to 150 TD's in less then 55 games. If you can't give the guy credit then you are a hater, plain and simple.