Lost in all the hoopla......Berman picked the Pats*!!!&#33

Special K

I was too ticked off about the game to post this sooner, but were any of you shocked to see Berman bail on the Bills?

To make it worse, he did it to pick the Pats*.....yuck!

He should have just declined to pick the game.

Instead, he decided to be just another Pats* ball-washer....disgusting.

Even the other guys on set were giving him a hard time about it.

I was very dissappointed in him, but in light of all the promotion of the Bills he has done over the years, its OK to give him a pass on this one..........right?

I'll give him a pass.

He has warmed my heart so many times over the years. When the whole country was giving us shtt, often for good reason, it was really nice to have one national voice having our backs every week.

That said, its odd he picked the first game after he inducted Ralph to slip and fall off the bandwagon.

I was too ticked off about the game to post this sooner, but were any of you shocked to see Berman bail on the Bills?

I was very dissappointed in him, but in light of all the promotion of the Bills he has done over the years, its OK to give him a pass on this one..........right?

I'll give him a pass.

He has warmed my heart so many times over the years. When the whole country was giving us shtt, often for good reason, it was really nice to have one national voice having our backs every week.

That said, its odd he picked the first game after he inducted Ralph to slip and fall off the bandwagon.

Non-issue as far as I'm concerned. He's under less of an obligation to be a Bills partisan than he is to try to remain semi-objective. More to the point, I don't remember him signing any contract which stated that he had to pick the Bills every time he makes a prediction. Let's not get crazy.

Was he right? Case closed.

This place would be a friggin ghost town if we did that to everyone who picked the Pats to win.

just because he picked the Patriettes* to win doesn't make him a ball-washer of the caliber of the rest of the analysts who were lining up to throw themselves at the feet of Brady-Moss-2010.. i had to mute the tv before the game because it was getting that sickening!

in fact, Berman went out of his way to say that he'd pick the Bills but with the offseason we'd had, it was hard for him to see any way we could pull it off, as did most of the Bills fans, whether they admitted it or not.

No question, Berman will always be a part of Bills lore - all kinds of good reasons for that.

At the risk of getting flamed, I think it'll be a great day when the current performance and identity of the team results in the glory teams of the 90s becoming an incredible, but distant, memory. Sometimes instead of being a great part of our history, the current relevance of Berman, Kelly, Thurman, the no huddle, etc. can make us look a bit like Al Bundy talking about his 4 TDs in one game in high school.

Hopefully the team will do something soon to give the next generation's Berman a few good reasons to jump onto the Bills bandwagon.

I picked the Pats too ... where do I send my Bills fan club card to?

He picked it correctly. that's all that matters. its not his job to promote the bills. I am very surprised they let him do it. Certainly doesn't do anything for his credibility.

Even Boomer has lost the faith... :)

come on. do you have any idea how many bills fans put money on the pats* -10 1/2 to beat buffalo. when you make picks, you dont go with your heart. you go with reality.

Guest dog14787
come on. do you have any idea how many bills fans put money on the pats* -10 1/2 to beat buffalo. when you make picks, you dont go with your heart. you go with reality.

Anyone else, no problem, but I won't bet against my own team and if what you say is true its no wonder there was allot of bad karma. :)

Myself personally, I'm tired of circling the damn wagons.(we're Buffalo, not friggin Cowboys)

I think we better keep the few visible supporters we've already got.

Berman can go blow. I would never pick anothe rteam over the Bills. Things change and Berman is no different he doesnt really care about the Bills. His little saying helped him make his name in this business and thats all. Kelly was hot and the Bills were too so Berman rode the bandwagon.

Do you want him to pick the Bills everyweek? There's a reason they call him the "Swami." :)