On second viewing

Dr. K

I was as depressed as anyone after the loss on Monday. I don't know what the Bills will do for the rest of the season.

BUT....if T.O., Jackson, and Evans catch those third down passes they dropped that would have been first downs, and if Bell learns to do just what he did against the Pats while lining up six inches closer to the line of scrimmage, the Bills would have scored 35 points and blown out the Patriots.

If they can correct these two simple things, all other things being equal, they will win a lot of games.

I was as depressed as anyone after the loss on Monday. I don't know what the Bills will do for the rest of the season.

BUT....if T.O., Jackson, and Evans catch those third down passes they dropped that would have been first downs, and if Bell learns to do just what he did against the Pats while lining up six inches closer to the line of scrimmage, the Bills would have scored 35 points and blown out the Patriots.

If they can correct these two simple things, all other things being equal, they will win a lot of games.

Funny how that never plays into an analysis of winning teams.

And IF I had a dollar for every "But if ..." post/comment I've heard about Bills losses I could buy the team from Ralph.

"If" is a Bill's fan's best friend right now. As a predictive, I'm with the Dr. on this one. There is no reason that a young team shouldn't be able to learn and improve on Monday night's ... whatever that was. Let's hope it hurt us more than it hurt them.

"If" is a Bill's fan's best friend right now. As a predictive, I'm with the Dr. on this one. There is no reason that a young team shouldn't be able to learn and improve on Monday night's ... whatever that was. Let's hope it hurt us more than it hurt them.

And I think the attitude of the team is important. They *should* be pissed off that they lost and it's the coaches' job to remind them of the simple mistakes they made that can be corrected. These guys need to realize that if they can play with the Pats* for 55 minutes, they can play with anyone.

Things like holding the DL who's about to blow by you and smash Trent into the turf is one thing (and borderline acceptable), but lining up wrong is worse. Jaworski & Gruden both pointed out how those stupid mistakes on the early downs of a drive killed them.

Seriously...if the Pats played with as much passion and urgency in the first 55 minutes as they did in the last 5 mins it would have been a blowout in the other direction. I'm really glad we caught them on week #1. They took the Bills lightly in the 1st half, how could they not? Both teams had some drops and untimely penalties and we stopped them on a few 4th downs in our end. It hurt me that Buffalo lost, but i thought the better team won.