LEODIS chant on Sunday

deep2evans

This lawn vandalizing bullsh!t really sets me off. I'm a Buffalonian, and 99% of the reason I take pride in my city is the enthusiasm us fans have for our sports teams. But I'm embarrassed, as we have a young guy here who has to come back home to crap like this. Maybe I'm going a little over the top, and I'm sure there are some saying 'it's just paint on the grass', but the second someone's personal space is invaded, the situation becomes a lot bigger.

I'll be there on Sunday, and I'll be rooting the guy on as loud as I can. He made a mistake last night in the game but in no way deserves these kind of repercussions. He is a young, key member of MY team and he should KNOW the fans are behind him. Here's to a 98 yard kick return against the Bucs.

There isn't a city in this great country that doesn't have a few stupid arsholes. If two idiots in Buffalo embarass you, then maybe you need to see a therapist. Just because someone lives in the same city as I do, or lives in the city of the football team that I cheer for acts like a moron or commits a crime, why should I feel embarrassed, responsible or feel I have to make it up to everyone else? There are alot of crimes in Buffalo, murders, robberies, etc. do they embarrass you? Do you feel you have to do something to improve the image of the city because of those idiots? He will know the fans are behind him as soon as the game starts and there are 80,000 fans cheering the first time he returns a kick, but they won't be cheering specifically for him, but for the whole team. Bottom line is, he screwed up and costs the Bills a monumental upset that may have launched a special season, and he needs to make up for it with some equally exciting plays.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 6 year old little Bills fans running around out there in BillsLand that think the Bills have never beat the Pats*... Heck my son is 11 and he probably thinks the Bills never beat the Pats*... Must have been sleeping those precious few games ('03 and before)... :):beer:

I might be just about ready to shoot myself by now if I weren't old enough to remember the 90's like it was yesterday.

Jokes on TV don't make me lock my front door. People messing around on my property late at night do.

People who don't live in the country lock their doors anyway.

Look, I would be tempted to acknowldge as genuine some of this over-the-top "embarrassment" that so many feel over this unspeakable act and their desire to "make things right" for poor poor public figure Leodis----IF there wasn't so much over-the-top very personal venom directed at the same guy by some of these same posters right after the game.

Look, I would be tempted to acknowldge as genuine some of this over-the-top "embarrassment" that so many feel over this unspeakable act and their desire to "make things right" for poor poor public figure Leodis----IF there wasn't so much over-the-top very personal venom directed at the same guy by some of these same posters right after the game.

Valid point. Of course, I would have been one of the people deleting some of said over-the-top venom (at least until I headed into work that night) instead of adding to it, and a couple of those posters are no longer here ...

My thoughts haven't changed since Monday night: kid fumbled. Bills lost. Bummer. It's still just a freaking GAME, and there's another one this week -- hardly worth jacking with the guy's property. As soon as I heard about that, I knew it would be picked up nationally and we'd get all the "stay classy, Bills fans" crap, which annoys me far more than losing a game.

Has the pendulum swung just as high in the other direction, with the signs/cards/etc.? Yeah, probably. I'd like to think that there are a few guilty consciences among that crowd, people who realized that they WERE over the top in the heat of the moment.

We'll see what happens the next time someone makes a bonehead play. Guessing it won't change, though. Just remember, "fan" is an abbreviation for "fanatic."

Come on Lori--a couple of young kids at night spraying a very tame message by today's standards, compared to national and local ridicule every time he turns on his TV or gets on a sports site on the computer the next day.

Complete strangers trespassing on your property in the middle of the night, perhaps only several yards away from your house/family/friends, teenagers (two 16 year olds) possibly drunk or high, with their intent unknown except to "make you pay" for screwing up a play IN A GAME is pretty scary to me. (get out the shotgun and dial 911!)

Anonymous posters on the web, on the radio , ot tv - spewing from possibly thousands of miles away - OK.

Seeing the replay 500 times - OK.

Getting booed - OK.

One is embarrassing the other is potentially physically threatening!

I am not into a group hug cheer at the stadium (the Norwood reception was at a team rally after their first SB appearance), but I applaud all the Bills as they are introduced. No changes to my routine are planned for this week!

Valid point. Of course, I would have been one of the people deleting some of said over-the-top venom (at least until I headed into work that night) instead of adding to it, and a couple of those posters are no longer here ...

My thoughts haven't changed since Monday night: kid fumbled. Bills lost. Bummer. It's still just a freaking GAME, and there's another one this week -- hardly worth jacking with the guy's property. As soon as I heard about that, I knew it would be picked up nationally and we'd get all the "stay classy, Bills fans" crap, which annoys me far more than losing a game.

Has the pendulum swung just as high in the other direction, with the signs/cards/etc.? Yeah, probably. I'd like to think that there are a few guilty consciences among that crowd, people who realized that they WERE over the top in the heat of the moment.

We'll see what happens the next time someone makes a bonehead play. Guessing it won't change, though. Just remember, "fan" is an abbreviation for "fanatic."

I agree, Lori. If he was to have a repeat episode, it is certain that all those preparing cards, baked goods and cheerful cheers would be back to hanging the guy---on the internet, of course--not on his hallowed ground.

Complete strangers trespassing on your property in the middle of the night, perhaps only several yards away from your house/family/friends, teenagers (two 16 year olds) possibly drunk or high, with their intent unknown except to "make you pay" for screwing up a play IN A GAME is pretty scary to me. (get out the shotgun and dial 911!)

EXACTLY! Let Leotis act as he sees fit in protecting his home. As a pro athlete in a football crazy town, he should be ready for problems the minute he moves in.

Which is why we are seeing an over-the-top reaction for what was nothing more than 2 kids who knew where a Bills player lived and now had an excuse to take advantage of that inside information, albeit in a crappy way.

People who don't live in the country lock their doors anyway.

What is amusing to me is that I grew up in this area, up until I was seventeen.. The country club used to be Bethlehem CC (after the steel plant). I used to caddy there. That 'million dollar acres' neighborhood is built on an abandoned rock quarry. We used to climb the shale cliffs there and fish in the ponds. Nothing big enough to keep. We used to set up bottles and cans against the cliff bottom and target shoot with BB guns and .22's.

Father's and son's would cross the railroad tracks with their rifles and bring home pheasant and the occasional buck. Carhart brown with orange vests and tags were the normal attire. No one blinked if someone was walking down the street towards the fields with a rifle! It was suburban country, I guess. Those were good times.

Those teenagers would have been safer in jail than going home back then. A dad throwing a full can of beer at McKelvin when he was sitting on the bench in the rockpile was OK, but if his teenage son went to McKelvin's house and vandalized his property - capital punishment at home. :wallbash:

Heck kicker Booth Lustig missed a chip shot FG at the end of a game, resulting in a tie (no sudden death then), and he was roughed up when he came out of the stadium in his street clothes by some "fans", but no one went to his house. :censored:

What is amusing to me is that I grew up in this area, up until I was seventeen.. The country club used to be Bethlehem CC (after the steel plant). I used to caddy there. That 'million dollar acres' neighborhood is built on an abandoned rock quarry. We used to climb the shale cliffs there and fish in the ponds. Nothing big enough to keep. We used to set up bottles and cans against the cliff bottom and target shoot with BB guns and .22's.

Father's and son's would cross the railroad tracks with their rifles and bring home pheasant and the occasional buck. Carhart brown with orange vests and tags were the normal attire. No one blinked if someone was walking down the street towards the fields with a rifle! It was suburban country, I guess. Those were good times.

Those teenagers would have been safer in jail than going home back then. A dad throwing a full can of beer at McKelvin when he was sitting on the bench in the rockpile was OK, but if his teenage son went to McKelvin's house and vandalized his property - capital punishment at home. :lol:

Heck kicker Booth Lustig missed a chip shot FG at the end of a game, resulting in a tie (no sudden death then), and he was roughed up when he came out of the stadium in his street clothes by some "fans", but no one went to his house. :censored:

:(

I am shaking my head in disbelief... Like there is any "honor" in any of this? :blink::blink: Man do we have our priorities ass backwards.

Ya, but while we are waxing rhapsodic about that "model dad" from years yore... The new dad can't throw the can of beer at the player anymore... He sits there with his hands under his butt after forking out at least 250 bucks for the familia of four to attend the game and then lets his snot nosed sons do the dirty work when they get home.

:wallbash::wallbash:

I think Jason Whitlock nailed it in his column today:

7. I hope Bills fans cowboy-up and boo Leodis McKelvin on Sunday.

McKelvin was the victim of vandalism this week when a couple of teenagers spray painted obscenities on his front lawn after he cost Buffalo its season opener with a late fumble against the Patriots.

I don't agree with the actions of the teenagers. But I also don't have so much sympathy for McKelvin that I'd avoid booing him this Sunday.

Bringing that kick out of the end zone and failing to get to the ground after first contact were hot dog moves that sabotaged a great effort by his teammates. The Bills had their hands team on the field in anticipation of an onside kick. McKelvin should've been looking for a reason to down the ball in the end zone.

Instead he wanted to be a hot dog hero. After the game, he said he'd do the same thing again. He's selfish and stupid. Boo him.

Bingo. PLayers play and get paid. Fans watch and then boo...we yell...we rant (sometimes irrationally) and we scream. In the stands...on a message board. Then we ALL go home and relax and reset until the next game. Thats the "agreement" between fans and players.

Going to a player's home and violating him, his property and his family is WAY over the line and a violation of that "agreement."

Ya... But going to their place of employment and harrassing them is a okay! Maybe we should throw a can of beer at them! Jr. will learn to never touch a man's humble abode!

:censored::wallbash:

:wallbash:

I think Jason Whitlock nailed it in his column today:

7. I hope Bills fans cowboy-up and boo Leodis McKelvin on Sunday.

McKelvin was the victim of vandalism this week when a couple of teenagers spray painted obscenities on his front lawn after he cost Buffalo its season opener with a late fumble against the Patriots.

I don't agree with the actions of the teenagers. But I also don't have so much sympathy for McKelvin that I'd avoid booing him this Sunday.

Bringing that kick out of the end zone and failing to get to the ground after first contact were hot dog moves that sabotaged a great effort by his teammates. The Bills had their hands team on the field in anticipation of an onside kick. McKelvin should've been looking for a reason to down the ball in the end zone.

Instead he wanted to be a hot dog hero. After the game, he said he'd do the same thing again. He's selfish and stupid. Boo him.

Bingo. PLayers play and get paid. Fans watch and then boo...we yell...we rant (sometimes irrationally) and we scream. In the stands...on a message board. Then we ALL go home and relax and reset until the next game. Thats the "agreement" between fans and players.

Going to a player's home and violating him, his property and his family is WAY over the line and a violation of that "agreement."

Wanna do something funny, yet gets the point across that "Leodis...you REALLY !@#$ed up, but youre one of ours and we love you"?

When he makes a fair catch or does down the ball....do a huge mock cheer going "Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!" Its done in baseball all the time when a fielder makes an error but catches the next ball hit at him. the players understand it and get a kick out of it. "Tough love", if you will.

We love him?

:lol:

I am shaking my head in disbelief... Like there is any "honor" in any of this? :blink::blink: Man do we have our priorities ass backwards.

Ya, but while we are waxing rhapsodic about that "model dad" from years yore... The new dad can't throw the can of beer at the player anymore... He sits there with his hands under his butt after forking out at least 250 bucks for the familia of four to attend the game and then lets his snot nosed sons do the dirty work when they get home.

:lol::lol:

I guess I should have conveyed MY sarcasm better, too (dual standards).

Very poor writing on my part.

Anonymous posters on the web, on the radio , ot tv - spewing from possibly thousands of miles away - OK.

Seeing the replay 500 times - OK.

Getting booed - OK.

One is embarrassing the other is potentially physically threatening!

I am not into a group hug cheer at the stadium (the Norwood reception was at a team rally after their first SB appearance), but I applaud all the Bills as they are introduced. No changes to my routine are planned for this week!

I am at a complete loss for words how people like you can take this so extremely far. it sounds to me like you walk around living life in a constant state of fear?

"perhaps only several yards away from your house/family/friends, teenagers (two 16 year olds) possibly drunk or high,"

.....or 2 frustrated fans with spray paint.....it's idiots like you, who ONLY think in black and white, that have our country in a mess.

I am at a complete loss for words how people like you can take this so extremely far. it sounds to me like you walk around living life in a constant state of fear?

"perhaps only several yards away from your house/family/friends, teenagers (two 16 year olds) possibly drunk or high,"

.....or 2 frustrated fans with spray paint.....it's idiots like you, who ONLY think in black and white, that have our country in a mess.

Dude you're way off. A bunch of NFLers have been killed/shot/robbed lately simply because of who they are - high profile figures who become targets. If you can seriously sit here and tell me that it's not completely and entirely pathetic to carry over your emotions from A FUC KING FOOTBALL GAME to "lets go vandalize the dude's house" than wow, you're just not thinking.

And who knows where you were going with the last comment - just condescending as hell.