Why no love for Trent Edwards?

Does anyone else find it insulting and patronizing that NOBODY on espn is capable of mentioning how awesome Trent was last night? I mean my God they railed on about Brady for 10 minutes on the post game and did not mention Trent once. That is just horse excrement. News flash ESPN: TRENT WAS BETTER. Even in the second half, he was better. Tom Brady wasn't running a no huddle, much less for the first time. Tom Brady has a proven all pro offensive line. Tom Brady has the luxury of an established and successful coaching staff. In every possible way, he SHOULD have out performed Trent, even if he was only a mediocre QB. But he is considered arguably the greatest QB ever to play the game behind a team that is considered so high and mighty that people speculate another undefeated season. And despite all of this, Trent finished with a passer rating almost 20 points higher than Brady's impressive 97.4 (Trent sat on 114 and some change). His performance was beyond spectacular. It was indicative of a team ready to dominate the league. I had my reservations about the O line and assumed if anything could stop the Bills it would be their play up front. But after watching last night, I think teams would be better off trying to stop the Pats. And zomg what is going to happen when our rookies learn the game? SHITE man they dominated Vince Wilfork all night long.

The Bills are 100% for real. This is a team that can win. Please everyone stop with the BS talk about canning coaches and front office personnel. It is QUITE clear they knew what they were doing heading into the off season. I know it is only one game, but against the best team in the league, supposedly, they performed so well (not just beyond expectations, but it even could be called great) that I just can't see how you can call it a fluke.

The most important thing I noticed last night was that the Bills, from the top of their roster down, were better than the Pats in EVERY position, including QB (correction: except Randy Moss, who is just a freak of nature).

We are going to the playoffs. If you can't handle that, spare us your remedial derogatory comments and go right ahead and hop if this bandwagon baby.

Does anyone else find it insulting and patronizing that NOBODY on espn is capable of mentioning how awesome Trent was last night? I mean my God they railed on about Brady for 10 minutes on the post game and did not mention Trent once. That is just horse excrement. News flash ESPN: TRENT WAS BETTER. Even in the second half, he was better. Tom Brady wasn't running a no huddle, much less for the first time. Tom Brady has a proven all pro offensive line. Tom Brady has the luxury of an established and successful coaching staff. In every possible way, he SHOULD have out performed Trent, even if he was only a mediocre QB. But he is considered arguably the greatest QB ever to play the game behind a team that is considered so high and mighty that people speculate another undefeated season. And despite all of this, Trent finished with a passer rating almost 20 points higher than Brady's impressive 97.4 (Trent sat on 114 and some change). His performance was beyond spectacular. It was indicative of a team ready to dominate the league. I had my reservations about the O line and assumed if anything could stop the Bills it would be their play up front. But after watching last night, I think teams would be better off trying to stop the Pats. And zomg what is going to happen when our rookies learn the game? SHITE man they dominated Vince Wilfork all night long.

The Bills are 100% for real. This is a team that can win. Please everyone stop with the BS talk about canning coaches and front office personnel. It is QUITE clear they knew what they were doing heading into the off season. I know it is only one game, but against the best team in the league, supposedly, they performed so well (not just beyond expectations, but it even could be called great) that I just can't see how you can call it a fluke.

The most important thing I noticed last night was that the Bills, from the top of their roster down, were better than the Pats in EVERY position, including QB (correction: except Randy Moss, who is just a freak of nature).

We are going to the playoffs. If you can't handle that, spare us your remedial derogatory comments and go right ahead and hop if this bandwagon baby.

Lets look at the facts:

Patriots offense scored: 25

Buffalo offense scored:17 hardly awesome against a defense w. 6 new starters

Brady: 39/53 378 2 TDS 1 int

Edwards: 15/25 212 2 TDS

Notes: Brady 12 for 14 in his last 2 drives 112 yards 2 scores when it had to get done

Trent on his last drive 45 seconds ...enough time to get into Lindells FG range...1st pass to TO to the 40 for a big gain

next two plays sacks and game over

Summary: Trent played a good game but Brady played better which is expected

Lets look at the facts:

Notes: Brady 12 for 14 in his last 2 drives 112 yards 2 scores when it had to get done

Trent on his last drive 45 seconds ...enough time to get into Lindells FG range...1st pass to TO to the 40 for a big gain

Trent played great. He and AVP deserve credit.

Lets look at the facts:

Demetrius Bell was a turnstile on at least one of those huge sacks at the end. I wish they could have kept an extra man back there to help him because Trent didn't have a chance.

Lets look at the facts:

Brady 97.8 rating

Edwards 114.1 rating.

I think there should be at least some kudos for the kid.

Trent played well. He didn't play great. And we lost the only stat that counts, points. Trent played a good Dick Jauron style game of playing it safe, don't make any mistakes, protet the football, the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins game. Problem was both teams made the same amount of mistakes. Their QB was able to make the big plays when they counted. Ours was able to at times but not when we really needed it on that last drive.

Great QBs make things happen and come through big in crunch time. Trent has at times, but not consistently.

Last night's game was promising, but it was more of the same. I didn't see a lot of progression in regards to making things happen when we needed it and throwing down field. Although that run for a first down smacked of making something happen.

I like your enthusiasm though and also believe that a winning season and playoffs are a real possiblitly if we improve. Not a bad outing, but Trent needs to get the ball to his playmaker, TO more and score more than 17 points before I call it a graat performance.

It's one game....even the most eternal of optimists think it's too early to be calling for playoffs.

Trent played good. Brady played great. When Trent engineers two TD drives in 5:06 then I'll label him 'great'.

Trent had a very good game. How many easy catches were dropped, juggled, etc.?

The kid is good.

The Pats played at home and looked bad a good deal of the night. Trent Edwards with a young, untried line, under the direction of a first time coordinator had poise, accuracy and showed good football sense. They played a very good team and almost won. I think the cup is half full and filling up.

Guest dog14787
It's one game....even the most eternal of optimists think it's too early to be calling for playoffs.

Trent played good. Brady played great. When Trent engineers two TD drives in 5:06 then I'll label him 'great'.

Lets just forget that one of Brady's TD's should have been to little to late, and the other one never even happens if we don't fumble the ball. Not to mention how short the drive was for his second TD, what, 20 some yards. wow, impressive. :wallbash:

Lets just forget that one of Brady's TD's should have been to little to late, and the other one never even happens if we don't fumble the ball. Not to mention how short the drive was for his second TD, what, 20 some yards. wow, impressive. :wallbash:

It was 30 yards and he still engineered that drive. The simple fact is great QBs find ways to win the game. Trent is developing still (imo it's only his 2nd year) and he's still got a ways to go.

Let me put it this way, if Tom Brady was given the Bills Offense and 50 seconds left to get the team into field goal range, do you think he does it?

I like Trent, but he's got some playing to do before I label him 'great'. He's got all season to earn that moniker.

Guest dog14787
It was 30 yards and he still engineered that drive. The simple fact is great QBs find ways to win the game. Trent is developing still (imo it's only his 2nd year) and he's still got a ways to go.

Let me put it this way, if Tom Brady was given the Bills Offense and 50 seconds left to get the team into field goal range, do you think he does it?

I like Trent, but he's got some playing to do before I label him 'great'. He's got all season to earn that moniker.

No, we found a way to lose.

What about the interception he threw that resulted in a TD, and almost threw another one to Schobel, that was great QB play wasn't it.

No way Brady played a better game then Trent, not in my opinion anyway.

Demetrius Bell was a turnstile on at least one of those huge sacks at the end. I wish they could have kept an extra man back there to help him because Trent didn't have a chance.

I agree but Trent should have had the presence of mind to throw the ball away before that first sack.That was a killer. You gotta run a quick play.We only had 20 yds to go with 30+ seconds left and one time out. Gotta sense that rush and just fire it away .Good as a time out.

What about the interception he threw that resulted in a TD, and almost threw another one to Schobel, that was great QB play wasn't it.

I agree. Their play was about equal.

Actually, I think that was an amazing play by Schobel (another player who gets shat on here as much, if not more, than Trent). He read that screen pass and Brady's eyes and made a heck of a play. That INT is all Schobel.

Heck, I thought Schoebel played so great that I thought he was our game MVP! Amazing considering he missed 11 games last year!

We'll agree to disagree but the difference is we're going to do it without name-calling and civility. Some people can learn from us.

Guest dog14787
Actually, I think that was an amazing play by Schobel (another player who gets shat on here as much, if not more, than Trent). He read that screen pass and Brady's eyes and made a heck of a play. That INT is all Schobel.

Heck, I thought Schoebel played so great that I thought he was our game MVP! Amazing considering he missed 11 games last year!

We'll agree to disagree but the difference is we're going to do it without name-calling and civility. Some people can learn from us.

Yes, Schoebel did play an awesome game, no doubt about it. :wallbash: