Moss & Welker had 12 catches EACH

Got_Wood

Because other receivers were open underneath due to the fact that Lee and TO were basically taking the entire secondary down field on every play. You stop running them deep and the Pats stop giving up short passes. It is a simple scenario of cause and effect. If you are too stupid to comprehend the dynamics of the game, just shut your ignorant face.

I am so effing tired of stupid Bills fans. Do they not offer public school in WNY anymore or something?

You agree with me and then call me ignorant ????

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss and Welker BOTH dropped 2 passes each. This happens every game to guys who get targeted often. But guess what? Brady kept going back to them. And they got results. Why? Because they are playmakers, and YOU GIVE PLAYMAKERS THE BALL.

And because Moss and Welker WERE NOT being double teamed, moron. Tom Brady does not throw into double coverage. He takes the easy stuff underneath. Case in point: the entire !@#$ing game last night.

Trent was *better* than Tom Brady last night. It is a tragic fluke that he did not get that win.

Ahem. I think any coach or QB in the league would say that you give *open receivers* the ball.

Not you dood. Oh I know what happened. I hit respond to your post thinking it was his post and then had to edit it after. Sorry for the confusion, I totally agree with you.

No problem man...Amazing to realize that some people did no see the gameplan on both sides and keep complaining that Trent didnt take shots deep in double coverage...

Look at the stats from the game, I listed a few on page 3. Not sure where you get "great" from that.

But as a team they clearly played good enough to steal the win, it just didn't work out.

And they do deserve props for not rolling over when the media and most others didn't give them a chance.

You get great from it by watching the game, not a stats page. They were great. The Patriots did NOT stop them at all. Mistakes that were to be expected by a young inexperienced line ended drives. Dropped balls ended drives. But the offense was in sync and executed flawlessly by Trent Edwards. The Buffalo Bills looked as close to unstoppable as they have since Jim Kelly was the QB.

sounds like the cover-2 the Bills play

I guess we don;t execute it as well :thumbsup:

Belichick, not matter where he's coached, has always played a lot of cover-2. And I'd say we played ours pretty well given the fact that Galloway/Moss had NO chance at anything over the top the entire game.

GO BILLS!!!

Belichick, not matter where he's coached, has always played a lot of cover-2. And I'd say we played ours pretty well given the fact that Galloway/Moss had NO chance at anything over the top the entire game.

GO BILLS!!!

yeah- you are correct

we sure shut down Moss and Welker by allowing 26 catches.

we were especially tough in the last 5 minutes

I wonder if the reason TO and Evans caught a whopping 3 passes was because the Pats played a little more aggressive on defense

yeah- you are correct

we sure shut down Moss and Welker by allowing 26 catches.

we were especially tough in the last 5 minutes

I wonder if the reason TO and Evans caught a whopping 3 passes was because the Pats played a little more aggressive on defense

I'd find it worthwhile to continue the debate but you can't seem to stay on point as your introduction of non-pertinent info relative to my post suggests. Your response has nothing to do with my post at all. The point was that the Bills' cover-2, like Belichick's, took away anything over the top. Neither team was going to be beaten by the deep ball. Given our history with Brady/Moss, I'd say we played it pretty well. Try to keep up.

26 catches and yet Moss/Welker weren't even close to being the difference in the game.

Great QBing by Brady in the last 5 minutes. Bad D by the Bills. Still has nothing to do with what I posted regarding Belichick's frequent use of the cover-2 his entire career. Anyway, I find it easier to give credit where it's due. You should try it sometime. It might relieve some of your angst. There's nothing wrong with admitting an HOF QB made a couple great plays.

As for why TO/Evans didn't catch more passes, ask AVP why he didn't design those shallow crossing patterns that Brady found Moss/Welker on all evening. In the meantime, AVP/Edwards did a GREAT job taking what that "petrified-of-getting-beat-deep-defense-of-the-Pats*" gave us.

You can go to bed now. Your lesson for the evening is over.

GO BILLS!!!

You keep sending the receivers deep so they get the 2 CB's and Safeties deep, opening the field for Jackson to use his speed in short routes and running plays. The Pats we're not going to get beat by our WR's, that was their gameplan, and if it wasnt for a stupid fumble, that plan backfires on them and we win that game.

If it wasnt for an improbable one handed interception by a DE that was returned for a TD we probably are playing from behind in the 4th QTR...

See, you can play that game any way you like...it still doesnt change the fact that for us to make the playoffs with our tough schedule that we need to put the ball in the hands of our two most dangerous weapons more than 5 times...

Because other receivers were open underneath due to the fact that Lee and TO were basically taking the entire secondary down field on every play. You stop running them deep and the Pats stop giving up short passes. It is a simple scenario of cause and effect. If you are too stupid to comprehend the dynamics of the game, just shut your ignorant face.

I am so effing tired of stupid Bills fans. Do they not offer public school in WNY anymore or something? Alphadawg, every post you submit is just crawling with incoherent, bumblingly idiotic psuedo-thoughts that do nothing beside highlight your embarrassing and unprecedented lack of knowledge and understanding. Please for the sake of everything holy destroy your computer now, you mindless, unthinking waste of bandwidth.

You might be the dumbest poster on here now...you are clearly 12-17 years old and base your entire knowledge of football on the game of Madden on your Xbox.

[quote name='K-9' date='Sep 15 2009, 07:06 PM' post='1556416'

26 catches and yet Moss/Welker weren't even close to being the difference in the game.

GO BILLS!!!

It seemed to me that Moss/Welker were very instrumental in getting that second to last TD that got them to within 5. And the whole second half for that matter when BB made his adjustments.

TO needs the ball more. A lot more. Figure out some plays to get the ball in his hands. He's averaging 24 yards per reception. It's only a matter of time before he breaks a few to the condo (if he gets the ball).

I'd find it worthwhile to continue the debate but you can't seem to stay on point as your introduction of non-pertinent info relative to my post suggests. Your response has nothing to do with my post at all. The point was that the Bills' cover-2, like Belichick's, took away anything over the top. Neither team was going to be beaten by the deep ball. Given our history with Brady/Moss, I'd say we played it pretty well. Try to keep up.

Great QBing by Brady in the last 5 minutes. Bad D by the Bills. Still has nothing to do with what I posted regarding Belichick's frequent use of the cover-2 his entire career. Anyway, I find it easier to give credit where it's due. You should try it sometime. It might relieve some of your angst. There's nothing wrong with admitting an HOF QB made a couple great plays.

As for why TO/Evans didn't catch more passes, ask AVP why he didn't design those shallow crossing patterns that Brady found Moss/Welker on all evening. In the meantime, AVP/Edwards did a GREAT job taking what that "petrified-of-getting-beat-deep-defense-of-the-Pats*" gave us.

You can go to bed now. Your lesson for the evening is over.

GO BILLS!!!

nice personal attack, ace

doesn't change the fact that the Bills deployment of the cover-2 lost the game by allowing 26 easy completions

at the same time the cover-2 used by the Pats totally eliminated the Bills WRs from the game

could be because their CBs played just a might bit tighter in coverage and their safeties rocked our Wrs when the ball came near.

AVP has to get creative to get them the ball....period!

We have enough weapons to dictate to the other team what we want to do. Bellicheck is famous for taking away your best weapon and forcing you to play without him. This last game he took away both...we did well, but we still need to find a way to get the ball into Evans and Owens more often.

nice personal attack, ace

doesn't change the fact that the Bills deployment of the cover-2 lost the game by allowing 26 easy completions

at the same time the cover-2 used by the Pats totally eliminated the Bills WRs from the game

could be because their CBs played just a might bit tighter in coverage and their safeties rocked our Wrs when the ball came near.

Yeah, I re-read my post and I did come off as somewhat of a di*k. No excuses. Just a bad day. My apologies.

How about we just agree to disagree?

GO BILLS!!!