Could the Bills be 6-2 at the break?

@New England - L

Tampa - W

Saints - W (this is truly the one that worries me)

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Houston - W

i was ready to be pessimistic yesterday as well.. however, the only defenses we will meet in the first half that are of the level of the Pats* are probably Jets & maybe the Fins..

i think once the rookies on the O-line get their acts together and start gelling the offense does better.

Poz will be missed, are we looking for a veteran backup? is it ironic Pisa (remember him?) went off during the Bears game too??

Yep - a 1 pt. loss to a powerful club, playing their opener at home. I've no predictions about their half-season record, but in IMO, the Bills surprised a lot of folks last night.

Not fer nuthin', but it remains to be seen if the Pats* are, in fact, "a powerful club." I thought we were awesome last year when we won the opener vs. Seattle, but it turned out that Seattle just sucked last year.

It remains to be seen whether our offense is really improved or if the Pats* defense really sucks.

Not fer nuthin', but it remains to be seen if the Pats* are, in fact, "a powerful club." I thought we were awesome last year when we won the opener vs. Seattle, but it turned out that Seattle just sucked last year.

It remains to be seen whether our offense is really improved or if the Pats* defense really sucks.

Ha! I'm still alive in the Dinner's on Me Smartass competition...

Jests D is going to be a monster. 6-2 would be a huge and pleasant surprise. Depends on Edwards. No way can they give Brees and the saints as much time with the ball as they did the Patsies*. Our d was on the field way too long.

I definitely agree that they cannot lose the TOP battle by 16 minutes against NO, or any other team with a decent offense. I do think that if you take away D Bell's penalties on the Reed catch and then on the Jackson run, that TOP becomes tighter. The offense looked like it could hold and move the ball well enough to stay in the game. If they had held the ball 5 more minutes thoughout the game, I gotta believe that we win this at the end with our pass rush.

I also have a feeling tha thte no-huddle is a direct response tot he 3-4 teams in our division. They all employ those big tackles (and D linemen), who should have a hard time playing against our offense as a series moves on. The key will be sustaining drives to at least 5 plays to take advantage of that. Wilfork looked tired in the 2nd quarter and I would expect the rest of the AFC East NTs to look the same when playing us.

What exactly did the Bills do last night that makes anyone believe that they can win a game? Nothing would be the answer. They lost a game. They outplayed NE for 55 minutes and still lost. They made the same dumb mistakes that they've made for the last 9 years. Did they look better than anyone thought they would, absolutely. I was impressed with how well they played actually. Yet they were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. On the other side of the field. Brady didn't play well the first half. The NE defense doesn't appear to be that good. I would like to see what happens against TB before upgrading them from 2-14 or 4-12 to a possible 8-8.

Fair points.

What exactly did the Bills do last night that makes anyone believe that they can win a game? Nothing would be the answer. They lost a game. They outplayed NE for 55 minutes and still lost. They made the same dumb mistakes that they've made for the last 9 years. Did they look better than anyone thought they would, absolutely. I was impressed with how well they played actually. Yet they were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. On the other side of the field. Brady didn't play well the first half. The NE defense doesn't appear to be that good. I would like to see what happens against TB before upgrading them from 2-14 or 4-12 to a possible 8-8.

It sucks because you are pretty much right on.

Man, Bills, please just get to the quarter turn at 2-2!

Yeah, hell, they could be 7-1, finish 15-1 and win the Super Bowl but they won't. The really disturbing thing is they had 2 months to plan for New England and still lost. Injuries, poor coaching decisions and bonehead plays will continue to plague the Bills. People need to stop the insanity and take a look at reality. Week 1 is not usually a determining factor in how the season plays out. Yes, the Bills played well last night for 55 minutes and still lost. Or did New England just play badly for 55 minutes and still win? 2-6 at the bye if they are extremely lucky and yet Dick Jauron still keeps his job. Bank it.

@New England - L

Tampa - W (Barely.Unless they make the same mistakes they ALWAYS make)

Saints - L (Not stopping Brees and Co.)

@Miami - L (Miami is a better team than the Bills. I see this one as a bonehead coaching decison leading to a L)

Cleveland - W (Maybe. Bills have had problems with the Browns even though they are allegedly the better team)

@ Jets - L (Jets D is the real deal and they have a better head coach and a better QB)

@ Panthers - L (Panthers are kind of sucky. Dellhomme will find his game on this given Sunday)

Houston - L (Schaub and Slayton will be in full gear. Texans aren't as bad as they looked against the Jets)

NE-loss even though they played good enough to win

TB-win TO breaks out

Saints-Loss...Drew Brees is better than Brady right now

Miami- win ...just because I hate them

Cleveland- win cant see them losing and payback for last year

Jets- Loss, if they win it will be close but Rex Ryan will pressure the Bills to death

Panthers- tossup, depends if the good or bad Jake shows up, plus they have a great running game and on the road

Houston-win if we get up early.

I can see them at 4-4 with a possible 5-3 and I think everybody will be pleased either way

@New England - L

Tampa - W

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Houston - W

- at worst, I think we are 4-4 at the break (Saints, Panthers - if Jake turns it around)

Yes, I was ready to be the pessimist today...but what the hell.

How you concieve us beating the Saints and Panthers is simply beyond me. And Miami on the road? Jets on the road? Please. Jauron gets a contract extension if they're 4-4.

@New England - L

Tampa - W

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Houston - W

- at worst, I think we are 4-4 at the break (Saints, Panthers - if Jake turns it around)

Yes, I was ready to be the pessimist today...but what the hell.

Yes, But I have us beating the Jets and losing to the Saints.