Can't blame Jauron or coaching staff for this lost

bluv

Yeah I know some will say that Fewell had his D play soft in the second half and that there wasn't enough passes down the field and blah, blah, blah but the players are the ones who lost this. They played the same D in the second they did in the 1st. They tried to blitz on the Pats crucial drive but Brady read the blitz. The difference in the 1st half was that the 4 man rush was effective; in the 2nd half it slowed. Maybe the injury to Kelsay didn't allow for the proper DL rotation to keep the DE's fresh. But you can't blame Fewell for guys not making plays. They did make crucial 4th down stops as well as deny 2 point conversions to a potent offense. Look how many snaps it took for Brady and company to put up those numbers.

Which leads me back to the offense. You can't blame the playcalling or the no-huddle for the Pats running all those many plays. Penalties; mainly by a young LT who hadn't played in 2 weeks as well as key drops either killed good gains, promising drives, or giving the ball right back to the Pats to put the D back on the field. If it wasn't for self inflicted plays had more opportunities to tire the Pats out and set them up for more big plays to the WR. Speaking of WR, they all had key drops as well that could have sustain drives. Who knows; if they had gotten the ball before the fumble, they might have put the game away; you can only hope!

Now to McKlevin. The fact that he fumbled is definitely on him as well as the meltdown. But as he said: if he had it to do over a 100 times he would do it a 100 times. I like that attitude for everybody BEFORE he fumbled was hoping that he either got a good return or even take it to the house. Even though he hesistated, he got the ball beyond the 20 and reduced the clock under the 2 minute warning. All he had to do was hold onto the ball. But he didn't and that is his fault.

Bottom line: everybody wants to find somebody blame, especially our favorite whipping boys the coaches but they can't control mental mistakes, drop catches, non playmaking, or hold on to the ball. That is what they pay the players to do. And if one of them had made one not even key but BASIC play then the talk today would be that of shaking up the world! But no moral victories; the PLAYERS have to make up for this take advantage of opportunites when the coaches put them in position to make plays.

If I was going to blame the staff it would be for 2 wasted time outs and no challenges for horrible spots on two key pats* 'first downs'.

I'm not a line guru so I can't say if I'd blame him for Bell being out there. He was definitely a "Not Ready for Prime Time" player.

Last night came down to 1 play... McKelvin's fumble. If he hangs on to the ball the game is over. I don't care that he brought it out, I care that he fumbled 2 returns in a row.

Exactly. Holding onto the ball is on him. There were no bad decisions made by him; just bad results. Besides he held on after the initial jarring pop but was held up long enough to get robbed. He should remain confident and keep the same mentality for he didn't lead the league in KO return for nothing.

If I was going to blame the staff it would be for 2 wasted time outs and no challenges for horrible spots on two key pats* 'first downs'.

I'm not a line guru so I can't say if I'd blame him for Bell being out there. He was definitely a "Not Ready for Prime Time" player.

They didn't get chance to review it for the Pats were running the hurry up and by the time anyone realized they were given a 1st it was too late. Bell played OK being that this is his 1st start being rusty coming off a back injury. The mental mistakes can be corrected; physcially he meets the eye test. I like the mobile line as they can get to the second level and allow runs to the outside as well as screens. If they had more opportunities who knows.

McKelvin should have been coached NOT bring the ball out from 5 yards deep. That's a coaching mistake and a big one.

I agree 100%. The Pats were kicking the ball deep on every kickoff, coupled the with the fact that they had the good hands people out there guarding against an onsides kick, not the regular kick return team with blockers, he should have been instructed that if it was deep in the endzone to kneel down on it. The fact that he fumbled the previous kick-off too, should have only cemented the fact that he should not have come out of the endzone.

Bottom line: everybody wants to find somebody blame, especially our favorite whipping boys the coaches but they can't control mental mistakes, drop catches, non playmaking, or hold on to the ball. That is what they pay the players to do. And if one of them had made one not even key but BASIC play then the talk today would be that of shaking up the world! But no moral victories; the PLAYERS have to make up for this take advantage of opportunites when the coaches put them in position to make plays.

Well...

Tell Me how this is any different than the Bills of 2006, 2007, or 2008? Like it or not it is Coaching...They simply cannot finish Games vs. Good Teams and again, like it or not, it's Coaching...Granted Jauron did not fumble the ball, but I think taking them off the hook is not looking at the big picture here...Once again, for the 28th time as the Bills HC, Jauron's Team came out on the losing end...They find a way to lose and it's seemingly different every loss...They Coach well enough to lose late...They are one of the best 50 minute Coaching Staffs in the NFL...Too bad the Games are 60 minutes... :pirate:

Last night came down to 1 play... McKelvin's fumble. If he hangs on to the ball the game is over. I don't care that he brought it out, I care that he fumbled 2 returns in a row.

I don't agree with you on that statement, although it was the fumble that cemented their loss. Although the Bills played better than myself or almost anyone thought they would, they lost on mistakes. Penalties on every other first down. 6 or 7 dropped passes that hit recievers right in the hands. That fumble was the big one, but there were several mistakes that costs the Bills, as John Gruden said, they were their own worst enemy last night, and they clearly out played the Pats and should have won.

They didn't get chance to review it for the Pats were running the hurry up and by the time anyone realized they were given a 1st it was too late.

The one in the first half was 'normal'.

On the late one:

If you and I had time to say "WTF happended there?" so should the coaches. That spot was a huge first down.

Well...

Tell Me how this is any different than the Bills of 2006, 2007, or 2008? Like it or not it is Coaching...They simply cannot finish Games vs. Good Teams and again, like it or not, it's Coaching...Granted Jauron did not fumble the ball, but I think taking them off the hook is not looking at the big picture here...Once again, for the 28th time as the Bills HC, Jauron's Team came out on the losing end...They find a way to lose and it's seemingly different every loss...They Coach well enough to lose late...They are one of the best 50 minute Coaching Staffs in the NFL...Too bad the Games are 60 minutes... :pirate:

How many different threads are you going to play this broken record in? It does get old.

McKelvin should have been coached NOT bring the ball out from 5 yards deep. That's a coaching mistake and a big one.

How much do you want to bet that McKelvin was expressly told that before the kick-off?

Jauron was just covering for him with his post-game comments re. "he had no problem with McKelvin running the kick back."

And the Marcia to Watson route down the middle is their bread and butter play when they are close to or in the red zone.....they beat us (and other teams) with that play all the time...and hit it on us twice yesterday for TD's in the last few minutes. That's coaching....or lack thereof.

But all in all the Bills looked better than I expected. They need to learn from the errors at the end and use the positives to build on for the last 15 games. I like the AVP play calling much better than Turk.

what he said.

If McKelvin stays in the end zone with 2:06 to play, this Bills 'O' as called by AVP wins.

The Bills beat the Patriots last night. The final score just didn't show it.

Did anyone in Bills land even think that the Bills would be on the same field with the Patsies last night? Nay, everyone predicted blowouts, 100-3 games, etc.

No one predicted a win, and I was only hoping to punch back when the Patriots hit us for a change. But it was better than that, as the Bills punched first and with 5:00 to go the Bills held a 24-13 lead in the 4th quarter.

With 2:06 they had a 24-19 lead, and you could see the despair on Brady's face. The Patriot faithful sat in stunned silence. And Belicheat was sweating in his panties that he had been beat.

How many different threads are you going to play this broken record in? It does get old.

It may get old, but he's right. I might give Jauron a pass if this were an isolated incident, but the Bills always seem to find a new and inventive way to blow it against good teams. This was just more of the same old sh** we've seen for Jauron's entire tenure, and even prior to that.

another National TV opportunity and they choked - again. and now 2 defensive starters are probably gone for the season. all downhill from here. 5 - 11 here we come. Not sure they can beat Tampa. Typical Bills. Get you going and then stab you in the heart. Typical. Maybe 6 -10 . this is a lousy franchise to root for.

what he said.

If McKelvin stays in the end zone with 2:06 to play, this Bills 'O' as called by AVP wins.

The Bills beat the Patriots last night. The final score just didn't show it.

Did anyone in Bills land even think that the Bills would be on the same field with the Patsies last night? Nay, everyone predicted blowouts, 100-3 games, etc.

No one predicted a win, and I was only hoping to punch back when the Patriots hit us for a change. But it was better than that, as the Bills punched first and with 5:00 to go the Bills held a 24-13 lead in the 4th quarter.

With 2:06 they had a 24-19 lead, and you could see the despair on Brady's face. The Patriot faithful sat in stunned silence. And Belicheat was sweating in his panties that he had been beat.

Please. they lost. they choked. don't try to make something positive out of this. 0-1 baby. in the division. 48-0 or 48-47, a loss is a loss and you can't get it back.

Really....can't blame the coaches....mentally preparing a team for the game is the number one job of coaches...so if there are mental errors, the coaches go to the top of list. I love McKelvin's enthusiasm as well but it is the coaches job to walk over to him and tell him TAKE FLIPPIN KNEE if the ball is anywhere near the endzone. We did not have a return team on the field...we had a hands team on the field. Coaches should have told him to get DOWN...nothing good happens from him returning the ball...ONLY BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN as we witnessed.

That is not a coaching mistake...you have no idea what he was told to do. First off, bringing the ball out was the RIGHT call because if he takes 6 seconds off the clock the Pats lose a CRITICAL timeout at the 2 minute warning. McKelvin should have gotten out of bounds though and made a bone head INSTINCTIVE move of fighting for more yards.

More importantly, I am almost certain the main reason he brought the ball out of the endzone was because he had no clue if he actually made the reception on the 1 yard and wound up in the end zone because of momentum. It was a close call (and I think he could have downed it legally, but it was close) that is literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to know for sure because his eyes were on the ball at that exact moment when he crossed the goal line making the reception.

So honestly, whether he was told to or not, he literally had NO choice but to run it out as he doesnt know exactly where he caught it because he made the catch in the air as he was falling backwards into the endzone. You can even see him look down on the replay after he gets the ball.

His dumb mistake was not getting down, and that was a young players mistake. But dont blame the coaches for that, it was not their fault and they came in and had this team ready despite all the turmoil recently and coached a pretty good game.