Folks can mourn this team if they want....I am officially reinvested

- In a game where the LINE for us to lose was plus ten points

- In the brady felatio come back game

- In New England

- With a brand new LT....two rookie OG's.......Poz goes out hurt......

- Aaron Maybin still getting his feet under him

- With some extremely questionable 1st down officiating calls when we had the lead in the 4th quarter

We went into the dragons den and almost pulled that game out......I thought double digits for sure but this team is not as soft as I thought it was....no Marshawn Lynch......receivers dropping balls.......we almost overcame all that adversity to shock the world.

We came up two points short......but now I actually look forward to next week.

By the way, I'm in Temecula. We should get together for a game!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So when should we expect the Bills to win a game like this?

Exactly...IMHO the time to accept moral victories has long since past...The Bills have had a TON of well efforted losses under Jauron...This is yet another one to put in that pile...That's all...Kinda like Jauron's 1st Game at NE...Good effort...But a loss...So who really cares? Somehow, someway...They lose more than they win...That's what I've come to expect...

Seriously...Even up by 11 in the 4th did anyone around here really think we would win the Game? Really?...Should tell us all something if you ask me...But no one did so...:rolleyes:

Ah, you are like a battered woman. Keep coming back for more. "Oh, he didn't beat me that bad this time, he'll change". Up by 11 with 5 minutes left and yet found a spectacular and stupid way to lose yet again. Therapy man. Therapy. At least it was a moral victory. They only lost by 1 instead of the 50 it was supposed to be. Ridiculous.

So when should we expect the Bills to win a game like this?

I am thinking later on this season.......

Lets not forget we had a lot of offensive penalties mostly on D. Bell who is extremely raw......I think he gets better with playing time. Nelson will also improve as the season goes on.

I am actually feeling much better about this season then I was before the game? Learning to at least be competitive against teams that handle us by halftime is a step in the right direction.

I am thinking later on this season.......

Lets not forget we had a lot of offensive penalties mostly on D. Bell who is extremely raw......I think he gets better with playing time. Nelson will also improve as the season goes on.

I am actually feeling much better about this season then I was before the game? Learning to at least be competitive against teams that handle us by halftime is a step in the right direction.

I don't know, I'll believe it when I see it. I agree with many of the positives that you saw about the team, and I'll add that the team finally has the WR talent to move the 8th defender out of the box, which helped out the young linemen today.

But at the same time, regardless of the spread, or the young players, or the penalties, or the injuries this team had an 11 point lead late in the game, and regardless of how well they played to that point, they reverted to the boneheaded play that we've seen too often in the past in similar situations.

The team lacks a general awareness under Jauron that most good coaches instill in their players.

This team looks like they'll knock off their share of inferior teams, but they lack the ability to get over the hump playing the better teams in the league.

The O needs to control the ball for much more of the clock otherwise our defense will be decimated by mid-season. You just can't put that many plays on a defense game in and game out and not expect to see a bunch of injuries.....and extreme fatigue. I'm encouraged by what we saw by our offense compared to what I expected. Eliminate drive stopping penalties and we will put many more points on the board and rest our D in the process.

Sorry, but the defense's job is to give the ball back to the O. If they want off the field, then play like it. Stop 3rd downs.

Sorry, but the defense's job is to give the ball back to the O. If they want off the field, then play like it. Stop 3rd downs.

Agreed, but is it not the offense's job to move the ball down the field, eat the clock and score points? It's called balance, of which we had none. time of possession was horrendous.

This doesnt have the same feel to it to me......

And of course a lot depends on what happens AROUND games like this.....if the bills go and dump next Sunday that will say a lot.....if they now go and ring off some wins that will say a lot too.

Ok, but if it walks and talks like a duck....you know...

I bought a brand spanking new Nissan in March, had a TREE FALL ON TOP OF IT on Saturday afternoon. :rolleyes:

On the bottom of the back window, I had applied a small 6" charging Buffalo logo a couple of weeks ago. Well, after tonight's game, I went out, and ripped the damn thing off.

Well come tomorrow morning I will be putting a 12" logo in the same space where the old sticker once resided!!!! :wallbash:

- In New England

- With some extremely questionable 1st down officiating calls when we had the lead in the 4th quarter

We went into the dragons den and almost pulled that game out......I thought double digits for sure but this team is not as soft as I thought it was....no Marshawn Lynch......receivers dropping balls.......we almost overcame all that adversity to shock the world.

belinda

- In New England

Amen, brother. Any Bills fan who isn't used to taking one or two shots to the balls each season should go find another team to root for. It just comes with the territory of being a Bills fan. I loved watching all the announcers, former pros, etc., have to basically admit that the Bills were much better than they envisioned. For Berman to predict a 31-17 score, or whatever he said, that's just preposterous. We showed up....but we didn't finish the deal. If I were Jauron, I'd call everyone back in the morning and have a "talk it out" session. Get ALL of this loss out of their system, hate the way it feels, own it, and focus on kicking the hell out of the Bucs.

The team lacks a general awareness under Jauron that most good coaches instill in their players.

Look, I'm not a Jauron fan, but you absolutely CANNOT blame this one on coaching. The penalties were a result of a young guy learning his new position after being elevated to a starter 10 days ago and the fumble by McKelvin was just another young guy trying to do too much at the wrong time.

Be proud that we have a young team with loads of talent that appears poised to compete. But to use this loss to knock the coaching staff is ridiculous. The coaches can prepare them for the game, and have no doubt, they were well prepared. But, in the end, it's the players who have to play the game.

D. Bell and L. Mckelvin lost this game, not the coaches. The good news is that each played relatively well asside from their brief moments of idiocy. They are young and will get better with experience. The future looks brighter, even after this heart wrenching loss, than it did just a few days ago.

Shovel

I bought a brand spanking new Nissan in March, had a TREE FALL ON TOP OF IT on Saturday afternoon. ;)

On the bottom of the back window, I had applied a small 6" charging Buffalo logo a couple of weeks ago. Well, after tonight's game, I went out, and ripped the damn thing off.

Well come tomorrow morning I will be putting a 12" logo in the same space where the old sticker once resided!!!! :)

I think this...

Amen, brother. Any Bills fan who isn't used to taking one or two shots to the balls each season should go find another team to root for. It just comes with the territory of being a Bills fan.

and this pretty much sum it up....

Here's hoping the ball sack gets a break this weekend... :pirate:

I don't see how you do it. This team kicks you in the teeth every year and still you remain positive. I really wish I could see things this way, I really do. I'm sure I'd enjoy watching the Bills more if I did.

0-1. thats all that matters. 0-1 in the division. well on our way to 5-11. nothing has changed. still a team that simply finds a way to lose .. it'll be a while b4 I get back on any kind of bandwagon. I think they could lose to Tampa Bay and will absolutely get crushed by N.O. . then you're 1-2 and out of it...

Look, I'm not a Jauron fan, but you absolutely CANNOT blame this one on coaching. The penalties were a result of a young guy learning his new position after being elevated to a starter 10 days ago and the fumble by McKelvin was just another young guy trying to do too much at the wrong time.

Be proud that we have a young team with loads of talent that appears poised to compete. But to use this loss to knock the coaching staff is ridiculous. The coaches can prepare them for the game, and have no doubt, they were well prepared. But, in the end, it's the players who have to play the game.

D. Bell and L. Mckelvin lost this game, not the coaches. The good news is that each played relatively well asside from their brief moments of idiocy. They are young and will get better with experience. The future looks brighter, even after this heart wrenching loss, than it did just a few days ago.

Shovel

I don't disagree...But it's always something with this bunch under Jauron, whether or not it's directly his fault or the fault of his staff...It's always something...Even if it's simply because he's completely jinxed as an NFL HC...Jauron has got to go...His Teams simply do not finish enough...Most Football Games are 60 minutes... :pirate:

I don't disagree...But it's always something with this bunch under Jauron, whether or not it's directly his fault or the fault of his staff...It's always something...Even if it's simply because he's completely jinxed as an NFL HC...Jauron has got to go...His Teams simply do not finish enough...Most Football Games are 60 minutes... :pirate:

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we have a team full of players still in diapers. Look at some of the better teams around the league....they have established vets at key positions. Contrast that with our team and it's pretty clear to me why we still make so many boneheaded mistakes. We have a really nice group of young players. If we can mature them as a group, re-sign our key FAs when the time comes (instead of always having to find a replacement via the draft), and get to the point where we have a team that is reaching their prime near the same time, we'll be more successful.